The Worst You've Dealt With Online...

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 20 comments
Getting rammed off of el rouge in a GT3 race, the driver who hit me crashed as well, then at the end of the straight coming to the chicane, he rear ends me at full speed.

GT3 qualifying session at Monza Short, one guy was literally crossed at the last chicane in the circuit, blocking traffic. Couldn't make a single clean lap. When I crashed into him and put 'R' to back off, hit someone behind me and got DQ.

Never tried online after that.

I've decided not to assign a button to the "Reset car" feature on my DS4, since I thought there were more useful things. Bad idea, especially online.

I was in 2nd place, chasing the leader closely. Touched the grass on the outside of the fast, downhill left-hander at Oulton Park, spinning into this position (rear tires not touching the tarmac, RWD car). One of the most embarrassing ways to ruin a race.
It was entirely my fault, and I have to praise the physics of the game: full throttle, continuously switching 1st and rear gear to force a tiny transfer of weight, and after a minute and a half of sliding onwards, very very slowly, i was back in the race (sort of :lol:).
Project CARS_20150523173554.jpg

Here, slowing down to avoid contact with some cars ahead, I found myself in this position, probably because someone behind me wasn't that patient. Again, no "reset car" button. The game automatically switched to this view for some reason, no way to change it. Is it too shocking to have the view of your car upside down while the helmet touches the ground?:)
While I was laughing at this awkward thing someone hit me during the next lap and the view switched back to the original onboard position.
Project CARS_20150526001534.jpg

So far the worst thing I have had to deal with online was that I forgot to turn on my wheel until the race started and then of course I had to exit the race and it send me back to the main menu where I had to go an create the lobby again.

Would be nice if exit from the race would send you back to the lobby rather than all the way to the menu

I actually got a few:

First one, formula rookie race at nurbring gp (I think it was) I was running second and was gaining on the guy in front then going into a turn the guy behind me gets to my inside and while I'm turning he just slam right into me. And to make things worse the guy in front had a 5 second penalty and I had to suffer the same because that idiot that put me in the grass. I could of had the lead no doubt if that idiot wouldn't have did what he did.

Second was just lag at the start to a race at spa using GT3 cars. I was 2nd and then next thing you know it's a huge lag and this car just rams me and I spin. I was done for the day after that:grumpy:

Only had one proper race online.

Watkins Glen, Formula C. First corner carnage, missed that just, up the hill and WHACK, out of no where. Wheels and suspension flying, taking out half the field behind. Oh such fun. :grumpy:

Ruf GT3 Race at Catalunya: Great fight for the lead with two other guys and some jerk decided to drive backwards on the main straight and hitting the first 2 cars on purpose, I couldn't avoid crashing into them as well. The first two were damaged too much, I had a suspension and tire damage and managed to finish the race somehow. That was my last race against randoms ever I think

Whenever someone messes up my race i just give 'em a flash of the lights, and then a strong worded message via PSN! Lol! But yes these people can truly spoil some good races! It's a pity we can't 'name and shame'!

How do you talk to other people after a race? there is no "in house" chat feature on the game is there. I think they should consider it, i used to use it all the time even if it was just to say good race.

How do you talk to other people after a race? there is no "in house" chat feature on the game is there. I think they should consider it, i used to use it all the time even if it was just to say good race.

Can't you chat via a 'party' on PSN? I've never used it therefore not sure....Anyone here know?

Last edited:
played on my pc version and my friends PS4 version, worst ive dealt with is when i have kart races at his, its just a dam free for all. its like bloody Mario Kart lol (if only i had some banana skins to drop) :lol:

Other then that Ive had to truly epic races online on my pc, some relay good clean racers out there, you do get the odd person who uses you as his breaking sponge on the first corner, which is all good cause i just out race them in the end and theirs nothing my exhilarating then making a clean pass during an online game, i just love it!!!

Yesterday evening I wanted to train for a Multiclass race on Le Mans where I will use an LMP2.

I opened a lobby with "Prototype race" regulation... There was a lot of participants so that was fun. Of course every body except me was in LMP1.

To give an Idea, i think that 3'30 in LMP1 is as good as 3'46 is in LMP2.... so opponents had cars more than 15 seconds faster per lap than mine.

On the other hand, I was prepared so I was consistent and driving at a good pace for an LMP2... and I knew the fuel needed to reach the end.
So I knew I would not win but mid-pack was possible.

We did two 10 lap races (with qualifiers) starting with more than 15 cars each time. Here is the worst 4.

4/ You're my prisoner: Quali, slowest turn of the track (right turn that leads to the T2). I brake, start to turn and then an LMP1 crashes into me at full speed (had not seen the turn ?). We are against a far away barrier and I am blocked between the barriers and the other car... who does not move. I am trapped !

3/ Revenge: I reach the right turn that launches the Hunaudieres with an LMP1 two seconds in front of me. He brakes so much that I overtake him in the turn and touch him on the side (but I do not push him off track). In the straight he comes back behind me and tries to do the famous Police manoeuvre hitting my rear right light.
It didn't work, I stayed on track and the LMP1 crashed in the barrier.

2/ The famous 1st chicane: I qualify 5/15 (lol) and see several LMP1 passing before the first turn. A few ones are still behind.
At the breaking point I am crashed by a car, then a second that pushes me off track. U turn, back on track... and 5 seconds penalty.
I am last, 12 seconds behind the first car I can reach and I have by far the slowest car.

1/ At all cost: Second race, last lap: I am third !!! But one relatively good LMP1 is 5 seconds behind (he had to pit, not enough fuel).
I do a very good lap and he doesn't so he only closes the gap just before the Porsche curves. I take risks so I leave the Porsches with a 1.2 seconds margin and good exit speed. I am still 3rd before and after the first chicane, only the last one remains, I pass it as we should... the LMP1 cuts like hell, rebounds on me pushing my car in the sand and finishes 3rd.
Message from the guy: "GG Kefran, that was fun"

Was doing a online race today driving my McLaren P1 *I gotta thank Slightly Mad Studios for adding both the P1 and F1* and we were racing on Circuit De La Sarthe *apparently has a new name in this game but I'm not going to bother mentioning it* and when we got to the long straight away, as soon as I got to the first chicane two idiots driving the same car as me came in ramming me against the chicanes like a Dump Truck driving at 200 MPH causing my car to flip upside down. Was unable to continue the race, got all 🤬 off since I didn't know how to reset my car unless there is no reset button and rage quit. My god, the dirty drivers on PCARS in my opinion are a lot worse then the ones on GTA Online. Much more aggressive players who just want to make you cry while leaving the dang lobby and make you come here and complain about your experience.

Because this was so bad, I recorded the footage. I spent $60 for this game and what I get for online is Burnout: The Realistic Driving Simulator. 👎:lol:

*Language warning*
Oh should I say that this game doesn't have the option to turn off collisions? Way to go SMS! You are now forcing us to enter the virtual world of unsafe professional racing.

*EDIT* there actually is a reset button. My bad I forgot lol.

Last edited:
Was doing a online race today driving my McLaren P1 *I gotta thank Slightly Mad Studios for adding both the P1 and F1* and we were racing on Circuit De La Sarthe *apparently has a new name in this game but I'm not going to bother mentioning it* and when we got to the long straight away, as soon as I got to the first chicane two idiots driving the same car as me came in ramming me against the chicanes like a Dump Truck driving at 200 MPH causing my car to flip upside down. Was unable to continue the race, got all 🤬 off since I didn't know how to reset my car unless there is no reset button and rage quit. My god, the dirty drivers on PCARS in my opinion are a lot worse then the ones on GTA Online. Much more aggressive players who just want to make you cry while leaving the dang lobby and make you come here and complain about your experience.

Because this was so bad, I recorded the footage. I spent $60 for this game and what I get for online is Burnout: The Realistic Driving Simulator. 👎:lol:

*Language warning*
Oh should I say that this game doesn't have the option to turn off collisions? Way to go SMS! You are now forcing us to enter the virtual world of unsafe professional racing.

You should have told them what Richard Hammond said here!! Warning: Extremely strong language, but very funny! Lol!

*Language warning*

Wow I know you had to be furious. I kinda laugh 5 seconds into the video when he try to take you out:lol:

Back