The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,463 comments
Ive just run with the Scirocco R,SM tyres,FM1 all the way,pitted at the end of lap 8 for fuel and tyres,finished ahead by 8 secs.I had to push all the way but a wins a win,FF is not really my favorite but something different.I left fully cust supension as it was except for front ride height at 116 and rear at 110.Weight red 1,2 and 3,wide body and aero gave me 480hp,1195kg at just under 600pp,cust manual gearbox set to 270.
I also had another blast with the C7 ZR1 `19.Take it easy for the first 2 laps then onto an easy win,pit at 8 for fuel and tyres,i ran it with TCS4 and FM6 its still a rocket on the straight,220-230mph.Just remember to brake a little early after the long straight,good fun for me. 👍

Finishing the GT-R series.

The 2017 GT-R is 598pp stock, which is perfect for this race. There's no need to change anything. I did FM 6 on the first lap and FM 4 on the second lap. Rest of the race is on FM 1. This car is very, very fast, so even with one pitstop at lap 7-8 it still can win easily.
Maybe just be careful during the first 2 laps because this car is way too powerful to use only Sports tires!

biVuclf.png

And since I did with every possible GT-R in-game, it seems only fair to do it with the very first of them:

uUcJzhz.png

Since it's an old car, I couldn't do it with the "minimum upgrades" idea. I had to use Racing Hard tires, custom gearbox, install every engine upgrade, Weight Reduction Level 3 and a Medium Turbo.

This car with all engine + WR upgrades hits 250 km/h exactly when you need to brake for first turn.
With Racing Air Filter + Racing Exhaust Manifold, it hits 250 km/h exiting the tunnel, and slowly goes to 255 km/h until turn 1.
With Medium Turbo, it can hit 270+ exiting the tunnel. Fuel efficiency is not a problem with this car, even with a turbo on it.
Could use all upgrades + Turbo, but that raises the PP to be above 600 and then you need to add ballast or reduce power.

Driving this car at this pp feels... odd. You can feel there's way too much power. A tune for the gearbox would be nice. I didn't change LSD or Suspension, so the car is all over the place.

If I try this car again on this race, I'll do it with a proper tune, because driving it like this didn't felt good or fun.

It's a good car at 450pp (can be a winner at that Alsace 1-hour race) and I think that's the perfect range for it.

And since I did with every possible GT-R in-game, it seems only fair to do it with the very first of them:

uUcJzhz.png

Since it's an old car, I couldn't do it with the "minimum upgrades" idea. I had to use Racing Hard tires, custom gearbox, install every engine upgrade, Weight Reduction Level 3 and a Medium Turbo.

This car with all engine + WR upgrades hits 250 km/h exactly when you need to brake for first turn.
With Racing Air Filter + Racing Exhaust Manifold, it hits 250 km/h exiting the tunnel, and slowly goes to 255 km/h until turn 1.
With Medium Turbo, it can hit 270+ exiting the tunnel. Fuel efficiency is not a problem with this car, even with a turbo on it.
Could use all upgrades + Turbo, but that raises the PP to be above 600 and then you need to add ballast or reduce power.

Driving this car at this pp feels... odd. You can feel there's way too much power. A tune for the gearbox would be nice. I didn't change LSD or Suspension, so the car is all over the place.

If I try this car again on this race, I'll do it with a proper tune, because driving it like this didn't felt good or fun.

It's a good car at 450pp (can be a winner at that Alsace 1-hour race) and I think that's the perfect range for it.
How many stops with this car ? with FM 1?

Last edited:
Some Ferrari's.

Enzo ! Now this car really surprised me. At 600pp it has decent acceleration, very good top speed and the handling is amazing. 1 stop for fuel only with SH tyres.

F8. This is not the fastest car around Tokyo but it handles excellent and is really a nice drive. 1 stop for fuel only with SH tyres.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20220818103923-Enzo-1.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220818103923-Enzo-1.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220818203629-Enzo-2.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220818203629-Enzo-2.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220819084710-F8-1.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220819084710-F8-1.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 21
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220819083415-F8-2.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220819083415-F8-2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 20
I had a 25.41 in the DP100 last night, first time I ran that deep into the 40's. With a better 1st and 2nd lap I should be able to hit high 30's.
I have two complaints about that car (and I've put a decent amount of miles on it back in June). 1) I drive in cockpit view and this car doesn't have it, which sucks. 2) You can't change the tune at all and it rotates terribly in my opinion.

The next best thing to replace the Tomahawk

Trash setup, don't even bother with it🙃

I'm kidding, it's insanely quick once you get used to that really strange handling, footage was from my original run, I've seen guys hit insane runs with it so great to see it helping bring back those 600pp tomahawk vibes ( I miss making those tune videos🥲) I've only had chance to run it a few times since but it's already topped my Alpine times

Great to see the Vette, Alpine & Lancia all doing really well I'm terms of times even if they're hard to master when you get a feel for each one they're awesome fun

More Ferrari's.

F430 is also not the fastest car around Tokyo but still a nice drive. 1 stop for fuel only with SH tyres.

F40 doesn't handle as good as I thought it would but it is still a nice drive. 1 stop for fuel only with SH tyres.

F50 is an impressive car. Good acceleration, top speed and handling. I Had the best race time of the Ferrari's with this car. 1 stop for fuel only with SH tyres.

I Left the 458 for last. This is my all time favorite Ferrari in real life and in GT. This car just works for me. It handles like a dream and the sound of that V8 is insane. I Beat all the other Ferrari's FL times with this car. 1 stop for fuel only with SH tyres.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20220819191514-458-2.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220819191514-458-2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220819160036-458-1.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220819160036-458-1.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220819155515-F50-2.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220819155515-F50-2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220819155937-F50-1.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220819155937-F50-1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220820070129-F40-2.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220820070129-F40-2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220820080905-F40-1.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220820080905-F40-1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220820075849F430-2.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220820075849F430-2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220820080945-F430-1.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220820080945-F430-1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 21
Trash setup, don't even bother with it🙃

I'm kidding, it's insanely quick once you get used to that really strange handling, footage was from my original run, I've seen guys hit insane runs with it so great to see it helping bring back those 600pp tomahawk vibes ( I miss making those tune videos🥲) I've only had chance to run it a few times since but it's already topped my Alpine times

Great to see the Vette, Alpine & Lancia all doing really well I'm terms of times even if they're hard to master when you get a feel for each one they're awesome fun
That corvette glitched tune is still one of least difficult to handle. The glitched mclaren f1 and the glitched ferrari fxx are harder to handle. Specially the fxx

I have two complaints about that car (and I've put a decent amount of miles on it back in June). 1) I drive in cockpit view and this car doesn't have it, which sucks. 2) You can't change the tune at all and it rotates terribly in my opinion.
The DP100 handles like a dream compared to cars that you need to set at .99 rear toe out to meet PP requirements. It's chore to avoid the walls on the long straight with rear toe out.

I Pulled up to the grid in Tokyo with Fraga's car. Dude wasn't impressed and even put me into the wall and caused me a penalty. Sorry bro :cheers:

Attachments

• Shibaura Wharf_.jpeg
    Shibaura Wharf_.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220821111619-Supra07-1.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220821111619-Supra07-1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220821105337-Supra07-2.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220821105337-Supra07-2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 21
My first total race time with a stock Gran Turismo S in RH was 28:19.900. Thanks again @BWM for the idea. :cheers:

Today, now that I know this track better, I tried again with the same setup and got a 27:40.744. I'm quite happy.
LQp7lQ2.png

I'm starting to dislike those fuel hungry cars. :lol:
Sure, they're very fast, but you need to do the whole race in FM 3/4.

I think I said this in a previous post. The reason why the GT-R R32/33 are faster than the R34 is because both of them can do race in FM 1 and 2 respectively, while the R34 needs FM 3.

Tried the Lancer Evolution V again, same stock setup with RH, but this time with a custom gearbox. Easy race. This Evo is amazing. My custom gearbox isn't even tuned. I just moved the slider so I could reach 270 km/h at the 1st turn.

I was so impressed with this car, with how good it feels, that I was curious to see how far I could push it.

I installed WR level 2, Fully ECU, Racing Air Filter and Racing Intercooler.
Well, in stock form this car is already overpowered and near 600pp is more than overkill. Look at this time:
NPllhMS.png

First sub 27 minutes without a detuned car and fastest lap around this track, with a 2:09.925. The only other cars that I had tried which are as fast as this one are the R32/33 or detuned Diablo/F40. Amazing!

I learned something with this Evo. First race (pic above) I had the custom gearbox set to 320 km/h. With that, the car can reach ~270 km/h just as I'm approaching 1st turn, reaching medium RPMs.
Next race, I used 310 km/h. Now the car can reach ~280 km/h, BUT, as I was exiting the tunnel the car was already at higher RPMs.

This means that while in 1st race I could do 11 laps in FM 1, the second race I had to do at least 2 laps in FM 4 or above. I think it's interesting how a simple custom gearbox can impact the race. It might be worth to try longer ratios on some fuel hungry cars.

In my tests with this Evo, I think using Sports Silencer affects fuel efficiency. I didn't know that!

In the image above I had stock silencer. Entering the last lap I had 1.1 laps of fuel.
Ok, I went again with the same setup, but now with a Sports Silencer. Similar pace, similar lap times and everything. Entering the last lap, I had only 0.7 laps of fuel left. I like Sports Silencer just because of the sound, but this is kinda funny. I'll definitely test other cars with/without this upgrade to confirm this behavior!

My view is it's better to reduce the power of the engine in the setup rather than using FM 3 or higher. The reason is that increasing the FM reduces the power, but you don't get any PP to spend anywhere else. If you reduce the power in the setup, you get the same improvement to fuel consumption, but now you can spend the PP on other things. This won't work if there's nothing else you can usefully use the PP on, but if it allows you to reduce the weight, for example, it's a huge win compared to a heavier more powerful car where you're using FM 3+.

My view is it's better to reduce the power of the engine in the setup rather than using FM 3 or higher. The reason is that increasing the FM reduces the power, but you don't get any PP to spend anywhere else. If you reduce the power in the setup, you get the same improvement to fuel consumption, but now you can spend the PP on other things. This won't work if there's nothing else you can usefully use the PP on, but if it allows you to reduce the weight, for example, it's a huge win compared to a heavier more powerful car where you're using FM 3+.
I'm happy to trade in horsepower to reduce weight. For this race I reduce the HP until the car's fuel efficiency can manage to do 6 laps at FM1. 1 stop with or without a tyre change usually wins the race if you can manage lap times around 2:16.

I bet you guys can't beat it with the Ford Roadster hot rod.

BWM
View attachment 1172670
Hard but everything felt like a dream to drive after the e-type nightmare.
What's the prize?:D

Video if you interest

The 356 speedster appeared again in LCD and still working on it. Keep trying the whole weekend while watching race streams.

It's 10hp more than the coupe stock but only 3 fully upgraded. Tiny bit less torque. Same weight but wight distribution slightly towards the front.
it handle better maybe lower CG or some upgrades for the GT Carrera model?

My fastest lap so far was 16.3(quite on the limit, usually on around 17) and total time 27'58 so It definitely got the potential to win. But the rear end kick out so easily I lost lots of the pace in the first 4 laps(lap time around40~43, 23, 20, 20 if didn't blocked by the AIs too much)
I tried some tuning for more understeer but doesn't seems working. Maybe I did it wrong? (no wing)

So basically it rely on luck for smooth pass and 2nd pit for the RX7 and R35.
Somehow after last update the RX7 and R35 don't take their 2nd pit stop that often as usual? (or just unlucky?)

Hope it won't make me throw in the towel and do it in normal or easy :boggled:

One more porsche
Stock with aero parts and RH. Default downforce value.
Screenshot_20220822-230611_YouTube.jpg

Nice car without adjustment. Just a bit wobbly under braking.

Last edited:
BWM
What's the prize?:D

Video if you interest

The 356 speedster appeared again in LCD and still working on it. Keep trying the whole weekend while watching race streams.

It's 10hp more than the coupe stock but only 3 fully upgraded. Tiny bit less torque. Same weight but wight distribution slightly towards the front.
it handle better maybe lower CG or some upgrades for the GT Carrera model?

My fastest lap so far was 16.3(quite on the limit, usually on around 17) and total time 27'58 so It definitely got the potential to win. But the rear end kick out so easily I lost lots of the pace in the first 4 laps(lap time around40~43, 23, 20, 20 if didn't blocked by the AIs too much)
I tried some tuning for more understeer but doesn't seems working. Maybe I did it wrong? (no wing)

So basically it rely on luck for smooth pass and 2nd pit for the RX7 and R35.
Somehow after last update the RX7 and R35 don't take their 2nd pit stop that often as usual? (or just unlucky?)

Hope it won't make me throw in the towel and do it in normal or easy :boggled:

One more porsche
Stock with aero parts and RH. Default downforce value.
View attachment 1185916
Nice car without adjustment. Just a bit wobbly under braking.

You actually did it? You're awesome.

That's something that I was thinking about!

Again with the R34: the car is fast, BUT, I don't really need the extra 20 km/h on the long straight compared to the R32/33. I was thinking in reducing power to the point where I could do the whole race in FM 1. As long as I can reach similar speeds from the others GT-Rs, I can win the race. That's really interesting.

Another thing that I did today: testing different gear ratios. Not exactly game changer, but could be useful in saving fuel.

First, the GC8. RH tires and WR1, combined with a custom gearbox because the default gearbox max speed is only 240 km/h:
xebtQ6j.png

I set the gearbox at 320 km/h without fine tuning and it was more than enough. I did another race with the gearbox set at 310 km/h and I had to do the last 2 laps in FM 4.
Just like the Evo V, it's better to have a longer ratio where I can hit 275+ at turn 1 than squeeze every possible power to reach 280+ at the same spot and consequently use FM to save fuel.

Good car the GC8. Smooth, stable, sounds nice... better than this only if we had a station wagon variant!

And to mix it up a little bit, how about a classic american car?
7pHYyfc.png

Setup is RH with WR 3, although WR3 is completely overkill. It was supposed to be WR 2, but I don't know why I bought WR 3. Had to buy ballast to compensate the weight difference.
And of course, a custom gearbox.

Following both Evo and GC8, I set the gear at 320 km/h. The car hits almost 280 km/h at turn 1. Funny that I had to use FM 3 during 11 laps, but it felt like I was still running at FM 1. Maybe it's because the car is too powerful. :lol:

Obviously is not as safe as the rest. It's a big, powerful FR car. Too easy to spin at any point during the race. Not really my cup of pepsi, BUT, it's a Mustang, a classic car that is really beautiful and more than viable. :cheers:

Now I'm really done testing cars. :P
Well, I do want to try some Ferraris, the Countach, De Tomasso and so on... but I'm afraid I would ended up testing literally everything, from A to Z. :lol:

nonono, I'm happy with all those results!

BWM
Hope it won't make me throw in the towel and do it in normal or easy
I'm not sure it makes any difference? I've been doing it on easy and the AI does around the same time as your screenshot shows, normally between 27:50 and 28:10.

My first total race time with a stock Gran Turismo S in RH was 28:19.900. Thanks again @BWM for the idea. :cheers:

Today, now that I know this track better, I tried again with the same setup and got a 27:40.744. I'm quite happy.
LQp7lQ2.png

I think I said this in a previous post. The reason why the GT-R R32/33 are faster than the R34 is because both of them can do race in FM 1 and 2 respectively, while the R34 needs FM 3.

Tried the Lancer Evolution V again, same stock setup with RH, but this time with a custom gearbox. Easy race. This Evo is amazing. My custom gearbox isn't even tuned. I just moved the slider so I could reach 270 km/h at the 1st turn.

I was so impressed with this car, with how good it feels, that I was curious to see how far I could push it.

I installed WR level 2, Fully ECU, Racing Air Filter and Racing Intercooler.
Well, in stock form this car is already overpowered and near 600pp is more than overkill. Look at this time:
NPllhMS.png

First sub 27 minutes without a detuned car and fastest lap around this track, with a 2:09.925. The only other cars that I had tried which are as fast as this one are the R32/33 or detuned Diablo/F40. Amazing!

I learned something with this Evo. First race (pic above) I had the custom gearbox set to 320 km/h. With that, the car can reach ~270 km/h just as I'm approaching 1st turn, reaching medium RPMs.
Next race, I used 310 km/h. Now the car can reach ~280 km/h, BUT, as I was exiting the tunnel the car was already at higher RPMs.

This means that while in 1st race I could do 11 laps in FM 1, the second race I had to do at least 2 laps in FM 4 or above. I think it's interesting how a simple custom gearbox can impact the race. It might be worth to try longer ratios on some fuel hungry cars.

In my tests with this Evo, I think using Sports Silencer affects fuel efficiency. I didn't know that!

In the image above I had stock silencer. Entering the last lap I had 1.1 laps of fuel.
Ok, I went again with the same setup, but now with a Sports Silencer. Similar pace, similar lap times and everything. Entering the last lap, I had only 0.7 laps of fuel left. I like Sports Silencer just because of the sound, but this is kinda funny. I'll definitely test other cars with/without this upgrade to confirm this behavior!
Very helpful. Thank you

Last edited:
I’m going to experiment with this. Thank you very much.

Huayra didn't really impress me. It does the job but I'm just not a fan of this car. 1 stop for fuel only with SH tyres.

GT350R didn't do well for me. For some reason I just don't get along with Mustang's. It won the race thought with 1 stop for fuel only on SH tyres.

Bumblebee was a nice drive. The handling for me was much better compared to the GT350R. 1 stop for fuel only with SH tyres.

GTO is a heavy car so I went with WR3 and it is a very pleasant drive. 1 stop for fuel only with SH tyres. If you have been playing GT for 25 years you will understand the livery.

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20220823081445-GTO-1.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220823081445-GTO-1.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220822203613-Bumblebee-2.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220822203613-Bumblebee-2.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220822204000-Bumblebee-1.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220822204000-Bumblebee-1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220822093104-GT350R-2.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220822093104-GT350R-2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220822093456-GT350R-1.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220822093456-GT350R-1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220821091646-Huayra-2.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220821091646-Huayra-2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220821114654Hauyra-1.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220821114654Hauyra-1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20220823081235-GTO-2.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20220823081235-GTO-2.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 18
More Ferrari's.

F430 is also not the fastest car around Tokyo but still a nice drive. 1 stop for fuel only with SH tyres.

F40 doesn't handle as good as I thought it would but it is still a nice drive. 1 stop for fuel only with SH tyres.

F50 is an impressive car. Good acceleration, top speed and handling. I Had the best race time of the Ferrari's with this car. 1 stop for fuel only with SH tyres.

I Left the 458 for last. This is my all time favorite Ferrari in real life and in GT. This car just works for me. It handles like a dream and the sound of that V8 is insane. I Beat all the other Ferrari's FL times with this car. 1 stop for fuel only with SH tyres.

You really need to try the lamborghini's. They are some of the best cars for this race

Back