The WTC 600 in Tokyo done without exploits is genuinely one of the hardest races in single player in gt7 - share your setups, tips, and cars

• Thread starter The_It_Jojo
  • 2,463 comments
My above 26:16 was driven with this setup:
wide body
front side rear A
wing default
rims 18 wide / wide
1706526012138.png

1706526031618.png
1706526063955.png

With the LSD like that, but of course if you want to fiddle around with it you may prefer different values.
I simply was like "install, 5, forget".

I think the stock LFA is one of the best cars for this race :lol:
I feel that most cars on hard tires are a bit heavy around corners, but the LFA feels so light. I can really trust the car. The most positive thing is of course the engine sound!
cGB3Ig9.png

using Medium tires with a bit of detuning:
kDUkctf.png

I like cars that are fuel eficient and don't suffer that much from tire wear. The LFA is up there with the Porsche Cayman: stable, fast and safe. Got this nice photo:
p4o8zke.png

The 400R is a bit different. The car is indeed fast, but front tires are gone by lap 5-6:
TU2GlXh.png

Still prefer my beloved R33 though :P
Uhm, since you mentioned the Cayman: may I ask for your setup for it, please? 🙏😃

Uhm, since you mentioned the Cayman: may I ask for your setup for it, please? 🙏😃
Super late to your post, but here's the thing: there's no setup :lol:

The Cayman is just that good. If you want to be really comfy, use medium tires and install Full ECU, Racing Air Filters, Sport Exhaust and Racing Exhaust Manifold. Tires can last the whole race and fuel can go up to lap 7-8.

I feel that most cars on hard tires are a bit heavy around corners, but the LFA feels so light. I can really trust the car. The most positive thing is of course the engine sound!
cGB3Ig9.png

kDUkctf.png

I like cars that are fuel eficient and don't suffer that much from tire wear. The LFA is up there with the Porsche Cayman: stable, fast and safe. Got this nice photo:
p4o8zke.png

The 400R is a bit different. The car is indeed fast, but front tires are gone by lap 5-6:
TU2GlXh.png

cGB3Ig9.png

kDUkctf.png

p4o8zke.png

TU2GlXh.png

I really suck at this track (evidently), but the LFA is an excellent shout. By the end I was getting close to a purple lap time, but I'm still way off where I should probably be. But 3rd place on my first attempt with the LFA (and frankly, my first 6 laps were abysmal) is fairly decent to start with. I think with a bit of practice, the 550,000 Cr. is within reach.

I'm not a fan of this track at all, but the LFA does sound very special, particularly around Tokyo Expressway.

I bought every car in the game (aside from missing invite) without ever running this race more than once or twice at most, did all my grinding elsewhere. The irony is, now that I don't need to grind anymore, I'm suddenly interested in this event, it's a lot of fun!

So far I've been experimenting with near stock cars to see which ones can handle it; by that I mean, no widebody, no custom aero, stock wheels, stock suspension, no perma upgrades but small upgrades / detunes to reach 600pp are fine. The F50 and XJ220 are both very nice with only minor adjustments, easy wins and a real pleasure.

Screenshot_20240301_144328_YouTube.jpg

Didn't expect this little box on wheels can go that fast with just a swift engine(Was prepared for a blocking fes) :scared:

Not a good candidate for late braking, it need time for the rear wheel to regain traction. (On my lazy setup with Sport suspension, maybe some proper tuning can turn it to a beast)

Fuel mileage is average but tires life are decent (not as ridiculous as the new VGT)

One word: BVLGARI. There's not much to adjust on the car. Grab a power restrictor and SH tires, that's all you need. I pulled 2nd place on hard difficulty with the CRB. I didn't have to stop at all. There was no wall riding either.
Kokubun was 6 seconds ahead of me, probably due to my mistakes.

One word: BVLGARI. There's not much to adjust on the car. Grab a power restrictor and SH tires, that's all you need. I pulled 2nd place on hard difficulty with the CRB. I didn't have to stop at all. There was no wall riding either.
Kokubun was 6 seconds ahead of me, probably due to my mistakes.
How does this result make this car a good choice?

How does this result make this car a good choice?
It gives me a ighter wallet so the harness fits better in the car. No, I didn't buy the watch but Cr. 1 million is still kinda steep. It took a while six seconds to spin that prize on the wheel.
I made quite a few mistakes anyway. I'm not familiar with the track anymore, so my times would improve if I kept running it.

Oh, I forgot to add, I ran this race in an engine swapped Mk.1 GTi. It's not that great because its FWD and has big power so it just spins the tires and burns them out in about 5 laps. Lots of weight in the front as well, so it kind of plows through the turns. Still won with a low 27 minute race time, but my fastest lap was somewhere in the 2:12's. This is probably a better build for Le Mans since you can run race tires and up the power. When you do that, you can hit 225mph and you still have great fuel economy using that Gr.B engine.

Okay, here are some Audi TT times:
IMG_1528.jpeg

Overall the car is just okay. Lots of understeer. The front just does not communicate well and it plows in to the turns. The first couple laps are a bit of a joke with how little turn in the car has. After that it gets better but its still not anything really special. If I could tune the car to have more front end bite it could probably drop another couple seconds per lap.

Nice acceleration and the tires last the whole race, but that poor front end response makes this a car that isn’t something I see myself coming back to. I’m more excited about the livery on it than the actual driving characteristics.

IMG_1529.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally beat this race legit. I used a Cayman GT4 with SM tires and 455hp for a PP of 599.06. I left it in fuel map 1 and pitted at the end of lap 6, after having just overtaken the RE Amemiya RX7. As with the other times I've done this race, as SOON as I passed that car, it starts lapping significantly faster. However, I managed to start this battle with that car on lap 7, and he drove the absolute wheels off the car the rest of the race...which meant that his tires were gone by lap 12, and he pitted just before the final lap. By that time I was about 5 seconds out in front. As soon as the RX-7 pit, I threw it into fuel map 4 and cruised home, taking it by 20 seconds over Gallo in the NSX. The Cayman is able to consistently lap 2:12.xx after lap 2 and I managed a 2:10.xx lap towards the end when I was battling the RX-7.

I previously tried to run the whole race on one set of SM tires, but I found the performance significantly down on the last 3 laps, so it didn't seem worth it to try that. I finished 2nd in that attempt. I don't think I could stretch the fuel to do a no-stopper, but I haven't tried.

I was really close to winning this race with a STOCK Jaguar F Type on SM tires, but the RX-7 just ran away from me on the last 2 laps.

I previously tried to run the whole race on one set of SM tires
If it was the front tyres you are worried about, you can mix-match them.
Whole race on one set of tyres (as I couldnt change them anyway at all), just adding 4 laps of fuel:
1709419823882.png

1709419881652.png

Potential for going faster by using a better gear ratio, but I didnt want to watch my hairpin throttle and simply adjusted it to accelerate from 3rd instead of being gentle.

Full setup:
wide body
wide tyres
front a
no wing
side and rear default
1709420182631.png

1709420212163.png
1709420237034.png

LS7 swapped GT-R:
IMG_1530.jpeg

Ehh, not bad. 212 mph on the straight but not a lot of aero to track through the fast turns with as much pace as other cars. Thirsty too. Had to run on FM3 the whole time to get through the race on one stop.

Overall, I think I liked it better than the Audi TT which basically ran the same time. This car at least had some front end grip on it where the Audi felt like it wasn’t even connected to the road.

Last edited:
Porsche 962 gimped down to PP600 cannot win this race. It can easily do a no stopper as its fuel economy is great...but it has zero grip on the comfort hard tires required to get it down to the PP requirement.

It does smash the LeMans 700PP race though.

Last edited:
LS7 swapped GT-R:
Ehh, not bad. 212 mph on the straight but not a lot of aero to track through the fast turns with as much pace as other cars. Thirsty too. Had to run on FM3 the whole time to get through the race on one stop.

Overall, I think I liked it better than the Audi TT which basically ran the same time. This car at least had some front end grip on it where the Audi felt like it wasn’t even connected to the road.
Thats almost the same time of my current GT-R no swap run, so doesnt really fit for the 600 it seems.
With the new TT I am slightly (6 seconds) faster but I agree the GT-R feels better, yet both cars were boring.
Granted that wasnt optimized setups, just had a look and decided what propably fits.
Boring + average time = no interest in finding them limits.

Porsche 962 gimped down to PP600
That is to be expected, high downforce wastes PP.
But
1709459031520.png

Dragging the brakes, late braking, high acceleration, and of course, no stop.

Though this one was more fun:
1709474874139.png

Last edited:
Thats almost the same time of my current GT-R no swap run, so doesnt really fit for the 600 it seems.
With the new TT I am slightly (6 seconds) faster but I agree the GT-R feels better, yet both cars were boring.
Granted that wasnt optimized setups, just had a look and decided what propably fits.

But
View attachment 1333536

View attachment 1333646

Yeah, some of the engine swaps I’ve been trying lately haven’t been that impressive.

Have you tried the Miata engine swap? That car is a monster on this track. It makes no sense how a Miata can handle 700+hp so well, but it does. I think it has a sub-25 minute run in it.

Last edited:

But
View attachment 1333536

View attachment 1333646

I am impressed. I don't think I even got a top 10 with it. Whats your setup & typical lap time?

Last edited:
Have you tried the Miata engine swap?
PP has changed I guess, I cant replicate that setup.

Whats your setup & typical lap time?
2m14s.9
Not much of a setup to do:
1709537817414.png

1709537766657.png

Edit:
I didnt ever bother, but watching AI on a replay shows them using very strange shifting points.
Some of them rev up to the limit, others will do shift at much lower RPM even though all of them are using "automatic" transmission on the replay information.
Why is this different from what the players will experience when using the same setup?
PD doing some trickery there with 2 types of automatics ....

Last edited:
I just checked it last night and it still works for me. It may be the aero choices I have that got the PP to where it needs to be. I’ll check the tune again tonight and post the details.

I just checked it last night and it still works for me. It may be the aero choices I have that got the PP to where it needs to be. I’ll check the tune again tonight and post the details.
Maybe I installed a wrong part. I just had a fast glance over it and compared it to a car that I had available but couldnt get anywhere close.
Mine was sitting at 640pp with sports mediums.

Found it.
Bad:
1709560471063.png

Better:
1709560541389.png

Fits:
1709560627163.png

And then of course there is also wide body or tyre selection:
1709560793853.png

Last edited:
Maybe I installed a wrong part. I just had a fast glance over it and compared it to a car that I had available but couldnt get anywhere close.
Mine was sitting at 640pp with sports mediums.

Found it.
Bad:
View attachment 1334020

Better:
View attachment 1334021

Fits:
View attachment 1334022

And then of course there is also wide body or tyre selection:
View attachment 1334024
Okay, here’s the tune:

Engine swap, wide body, 17” wide/wide wheels, Type B/B/A aero with custom low wing, hood pins and no front plate. No roll cage.

IMG_1531.jpeg

IMG_1533.jpeg

IMG_1532.jpeg

2m14s.9
Not much of a setup to do:
View attachment 1333962

View attachment 1333961

Edit:
I didnt ever bother, but watching AI on a replay shows them using very strange shifting points.
Some of them rev up to the limit, others will do shift at much lower RPM even though all of them are using "automatic" transmission on the replay information.
Why is this different from what the players will experience when using the same setup?
PD doing some trickery there with 2 types of automatics ....
I'll have to review what I set my 962 up with, because I don't think I had that much power nor that much tire :lol:

edit: Ahh, it's probably the downforce, I left it stock on mine, and you seem to have reduced it to the minimum. That makes sense.

Last edited:
Okay, here’s the tune
If you manage to do this on softs, you are doing 2 stops?

I used mediums, though even those barely survive 6 laps.
1.st "pass" fastest lap

After that I changed gear ratios to avoid dropping into 2nd.
Using 3rd for those low speed corner traction was better suited to me, also sticking to 4th for the sweeping corners.
5th matched to shift before the uphill on the long straight.
1709585359135.png

1709585221329.png

I agree, sub 25m would be possibly - if I could manage to lap my fastest more consistently + shaving off just a bit around the edges.

Last edited:
Back