TheDrummingKING's Photomode Gallery (ceiling_fan's & JDMKING13's request)

I like your new format. It'll take me a while to digest all these photos though - that's a good thing btw. :D

Great shots!
You show a whole bunch of talents and it's fine
to go public with your work.
I really enjoy your gallery - especially the Audi R10 range...

audir10tdistock4small.jpg

Photoshop Competition Tutorial

Before you start: You will need Google Sketchup, Kerkythea for rendering, (including an exporting tool for Sketchup, and materials for the 3D models), and obviously photoshop! :lol:

Step 1:
Take a picture in GT5 (you all should know/be able to do that! :sly:)

Step 2:
Open the pic in photoshop. Incase you didn't know. :sly:

Step 3:
Open Sketchup. (I should note, by now you should have Sketchup installed, along with the plug-in to export the models to Kerkythea. That said, you should have Kerkythea installed as well as any materials you have downloaded. If you can't figure out how to do this, I'm sure there are tutrials on the Kerkythea site.)

Step 4:
Go to sketchup's 3D warehouse. (This is one option, you can create the model yourself if you'd like, but this is quicker.)

Step 5:
Search for what you want.

Step 6:
Find a model you like and download it.

Step 7:
Make necessary modifications to the model and position the camera to match your GT5 photo, then export the model (you should be able to find the button. :P) In my case for modifications I had to shorten the frame.

Step 8:
Open kerkythea.

Step 9:
Open the exported model (will be a " .xml " file) and apply the needed materials. Also, what you will see will be a wireframe mesh of the model. In order to see what I have (solid rendering) press: >View >Adjust >Solid Rendering.

Step 10:
Render the model. (Use the settings I have unless you are an expert! :lol:)

I know it says custom settings, but I'm fairly certain that that is the default.

Step 11:
Save the rendered image.

Step 12:
Using the pen tool (well that's what I use at it is the best for this), select what you will need from the car, and fix the background.

Step 13:
Add the rendered image and select/delete what you need/don't need. (I used the magic wand tool for this. Changing the tolerance may be required.)

Step 14:
Finalize all the layers.
The red is a layer I added to compensate for the removed wheels. Also, for the shadow, make that a separate layer and change the blending mode to multiply and fiddle with the opacity.

Step 15:
Finish! :dopey: Edit the picture however you like. :)

My finished product.

This is also how I made this entry:

Hope you guys find this helpful! :)

Last edited:
biiig thx for the tutorial mate .

just need to install all that stuff :)

No problem! :) I honestly felt it was a bit cheep if I only I did that because it does feel like a big advantage.

Oh and I forgot to say ALL the things I said to download are free!

No doubt – you're The King.
Considering your age and skills and that outstanding talent I'd dare to forecast a great career as a designer or artist.
Do you have an idea what you will do after having finished school?

Last edited:
No doubt – you're The King.
Considering your age and skills and that outstanding talent I'd dare to forecast a great career as a designer or artist.
Do you have an idea what you will do after having finished school?

Thanks. :) And I've been working on 3D modeling and graphic design. My friend and I might be going to a graphic design school (forgot the name, it's post secondary), but I'm going to continue making 3D models in the hope of one day making them for racing games! :dopey:

Win tutorial! 👍 I never thought to use anything outside photoshop. :dunce:

Thanks. :) I hadn't either until the theme "killer rides" for the photoshop competition. :P

^ Sketchup in my opinion is easier for actually creating the models. I'd say it's more user friendly. And I believe Blender doesn't have a 3D warehouse thing.. So you'd have to make your own models.

I though doing that would almost unfair, but seeing as how it's almost the same as finding an appropriate google image I guess I can really step up the quality of my entries now!

I though doing that would almost unfair, but seeing as how it's almost the same as finding an appropriate google image I guess I can really step up the quality of my entries now!

I had thought the exact same thing. It is really just like getting an image, but now you can do better quality! :) And because I made the tutorial, everyone can. :)

Alright. Inspired by TVR&Ferrari_Fan (and wanting to hopefully get some more traffic on my thread :P), I've decided to take five request from the next five people who post. I will do my best to produce quality pictures! :)

Do you mind shooting standard cars? If not I would be super thankful if you shot a picture of a Nismo Fairlady Z S tune. Can you shoot it as if its someone's car parked outside waiting for them to return.

Do you mind shooting standard cars? If not I would be super thankful if you shot a picture of a Nismo Fairlady Z S tune. Can you shoot it as if its someone's car parked outside waiting for them to return.

If I have that car, I will. :)

Amazing Tutorial.
Well explained and all.

Top Notch! 👍

Thanks. :)

Wow, great work. Thanks for the tutorial. I love the close-ups you did on the last page as well. :)

Also thanks! :P

Great pictures. 👍

Cheers. :cheers:

I'd like to see the Mustang Mach 1 at Toscana. :)

I assume that's not the dirt one? ;)

I can send you mine and when your done you can send it back I love that car. Im so jealous of the pics you took for Nato, they are beautiful. :drool:

Wow, a lot of great stuff in here! :eek: Don't even know where to begin, but the ZR1 shots in the (epic) first post are amazing! Also like the ghosted Mark IV. Nice idea!

I can send you mine and when your done you can send it back I love that car. Im so jealous of the pics you took for Nato, they are beautiful. :drool:

Just add me (TheDrummingKING) and I'll borrow it. :P

Wow, a lot of great stuff in here! :eek: Don't even know where to begin, but the ZR1 shots in the (epic) first post are amazing! Also like the ghosted Mark IV. Nice idea!

Thanks! :D The ghosted mark IV was hard to pull off because for most pictures (once exported), the car lost its colour.. :confused:

I'm still taking requests if you'd like? Maybe I'll just take some shots of the car you gave me. ;)

Back