"There are no cars which comply with the regulations" message on race entry

• Thread starter MDJCM
  • 14 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
It's very strange, I found no results for this on google or in this forum. Am I the only one encountering this?

I bought a new Alfa 4C again just to see if it was that, but got the same message. No instruction on what to do next. :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_8005.JPG
    IMG_8005.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 74
It's very strange, I found no results for this on google or in this forum. Am I the only one encountering this?

I bought a new Alfa 4C again just to see if it was that, but got the same message. No instruction on what to do next. :confused:
What's the event you're entering?

As it states on the screen, the car required is the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car, in the N500 class. You need to buy that, from Mileage Exchange, not the Alfa Romeo 4C in the N200 class...

As it states on the screen, the car required is the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car, in the N500 class. You need to buy that, from Mileage Exchange, not the Alfa Romeo 4C in the N200 class...

Thanks, will do.

But I'm not insane in thinking:

1. It's REALLY dumb that there isnt a button under the error message that takes me directly to where to buy the car.

2. There is no clue that the car is obtained from the mileage exchange. I had no idea you could even get cars from there. I thought it was for paint and wheels etc. Literally there is no mention of "Mileage exchange" in the 2 screenshots I provided.

3. All Gr.3 cars I've seen so far have had racing decals on except this one, which inexplicably looks extremely similar to the regular plain coloured 4C but is apparently much faster.

1. It's REALLY dumb that there isnt a button under the error message that takes me directly to where to buy the car.
Maybe, but it does tell you exactly what car you need. You didn't have it, and bought a different car...
2. There is no clue that the car is obtained from the mileage exchange. I had no idea you could even get cars from there. I thought it was for paint and wheels etc. Literally there is no mention of "Mileage exchange" in the 2 screenshots I provided.
The Mileage Exchange has had two cars in it every day since the game came out. Actually since about four days before the game came out. They're the first things you see in the Mileage Exchange.

GTPlanet's news page tells you what the cars (and everything else) in the Mileage Exchange are every week, when it's updated.

3. All Gr.3 cars I've seen so far have had racing decals on except this one, which inexplicably looks extremely similar to the regular plain coloured 4C but is apparently much faster.
It's not a Gr.3 car. It's a Gr.3 Road Car - it's called "Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car". It's not in the Gr.3 class, it's in the N500 class, for road cars which have between 450PS (444hp) and 549PS (541hp).

The Gr.3 Road Cars (and the Gr.B Road Cars) are homologation-style road cars - what the racing car would be like if the manufacturer had to make them road legal. That means they get the large bodykits, vents and ducts, and about 460hp.

Last edited:
No it is really stupid, the race screen should tell you where the car is from.

One should not have to go online to find this out, it is a very poor piece of interface design/messaging. Once you know that the required car is usually mileage exchange then its no problem, but for new players it is silly and completely unintuitive.

It's not a Gr.3 car. It's a Gr.3 Road Car - it's called "Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car". It's not in the Gr.3 class, it's in the N500 class, for road cars which have between 450PS (444hp) and 549PS (541hp).

The Gr.3 Road Cars (and the Gr.B Road Cars) are homologation-style road cars - what the racing car would be like if the manufacturer had to make them road legal. That means they get the large bodykits, vents and ducts, and about 460hp.

Thanks for the explanation, that is helpful.

BUT

Gran Turismo invents a term called "Gr.3" then expects everyone to know what it is and see these subtle differences. I've been playing GT for 20 years. What chance have new players got when even I trip over this stuff?

Thanks for the explanation, that is helpful.

BUT

Gran Turismo invents a term called "Gr.3" then expects everyone to know what it is and see these subtle differences. I've been playing GT for 20 years. What chance have new players got when even I trip over this stuff?

Seems like you're the only one who has had this issue. It isn't PDs fault that you haven't explored the mileage exchange and bought the wrong car. The name of the car is on the screen.

When you view a car in your garage, or Brand Central, or in Mileage Exchange, it has a badge that tells you what class it's in. Gr.3 cars, like the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3, are in the Gr.3 class. The Alfa Romeo 4C is in the N200 class. The Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car is in the N500 class.

And it has a different name.

Seems like you're the only one who has had this issue. It isn't PDs fault that you haven't explored the mileage exchange and bought the wrong car. The name of the car is on the screen.

There's no rock solid way to know who has had this issue, in my experience it just means 100 other people have stared at the same screen confused then gave up. And just I bothered to make a thread about it. Happens all the time.

It's bad design, the messaging is weak. "There are no cars which comply..." does not explain what to do. It should be "This race requires {full name of car}, visit the Mileage Exchange to obtain it."

When you view a car in your garage, or Brand Central, or in Mileage Exchange, it has a badge that tells you what class it's in. Gr.3 cars, like the Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3, are in the Gr.3 class. The Alfa Romeo 4C is in the N200 class. The Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car is in the N500 class.

And it has a different name.

Thanks. Yep I had a grasp of most of that except I had t come across Gr.3 road cars. To this point I'd only seen Gr.3 class. In my head that's all that existed.

The game does a weak job of explaining early on "Hey player, here are the X number of car classes and what the hell it means. Press X to continue."

Yeah, basically, I will say this much...even if it's a day or two late.

PD really should have done a better job at communicating where to get the appropriate car. Simply stating "There are no cars which comply with the regulations" tells me very little on what to do short of buy the car. All it tells me is I don't have that car; it doesn't instruct me on where I can get that car.

There are a few things I can think of to make this less of a problem:
  • Link directly to either Brand Central or Mileage Exchange depending on the vehicle in question.
  • Advise the player to go to either BC or ME to purchase the car.
  • Allow the player to purchase the car directly, or explore the appropriate class of cars (Gr.3 and Gr.4 especially).
GT Sport isn't very good at informing the player of what to do or what things do, some of the time...

Back