There is only one car you need to race with in this game...

Hong Kong
Hong Kong
...the Tomahawk X built down to a 600pp setting.
It can do everything that's worth racing in for the money. It's eminently driveable at this setting, no problems.
It cuts through all the problems and issues that GT7 has with it's grip levels and...earns you money in the quickest time.
It quite literally makes a mockery of the whole game, for what game there is.

GT7 really is about car collecting now...and never really needing to use what you've collected.

...the Tomahawk X built down to a 600pp setting it's not for fun, it's for grind.
I have won the 4th time an hour ago using F1 GTR. And it was too easy. I enjoyed by beautiful sunrises, sunsetsm but there wasn't any big fight in all 5 races.Tomahawk X can ruine all plaeasure. I don't like Tomahawk X since Sport.

It can do everything that's worth racing in for the money. It's eminently driveable at this setting, no problems.
It cuts through all the problems and issues that GT7 has with it's grip levels and...earns you money in the quickest time.

GT7 really is about car collecting now...and never really needing to use what you've collected.

It's a tool to earn credits, but is it really fun?

I had enough of it after 1 race on Tokyo.

I don't see the point in it beyond a tool to grind with.

I use it so I can collect cars, but equally I use the AFK script so I don't feel guilty doing low payout social stuff when I can actually play

One of the most difficult races I've found so far is the Mini Cooper race at Goodwood. Tomahawk not permitted. 🙂
The prize money is not really worth racing for...... but it's a lot of fun!
The trick with the Mini race is to use as many Performance Points on power as possible. Its limited to 350 PP and the AI that starts last (S.Brown in a red Mini) will come like a rocket towards the end of lap 2.

So dont waste PP on neddless things such as brakes, better tyres or suspension. Ignore the handling and add more power :D go for the worst possible tyre (SH) and a Med rpm Turbo. I think I used a sports air filter and silencer as well. Then add Ballast to bring it back under 350 PP.

S.Brown in his red rocket will still be on you by the end of lap 2 if he doesn't get too held up coming through the field and he will go for a lunge into the chicane but if you run a clean race you should be able to stay ahead.

Last edited:
One of the most difficult races I've found so far is the Mini Cooper race at Goodwood. Tomahawk not permitted. 🙂
The prize money is not really worth racing for...... but it's a lot of fun!
With enough practice and tweaking the setup, I won the Mini race by over 20 seconds.

I tried it on WTC600 Tokyo and found it no fun at all. Car slides out so easy and the playstyle of taking corners slow and carefully while nailing the throttle on the straights cause the car has OP speed is not satisfying at all. It's a hack and I don't enjoy it all. Rather race Le Mans or Sardegna.

...if you want the most boring experience possible.

Is that the game of this thread? We all post how we think the sentence ends? How fun! Keep it going guys, I'd love to see yours.

I tried it on WTC600 Tokyo and found it no fun at all. Car slides out so easy and the playstyle of taking corners slow and carefully while nailing the throttle on the straights cause the car has OP speed is not satisfying at all. It's a hack and I don't enjoy it all. Rather race Le Mans or Sardegna.
It’s possible not to break at all apart from hairpins. With practice of course, just lay off the throttle a bit at corners and traffic.

Last edited:
grinding credits with the tomahawk x vgt on tokyo 600pp definitely gets a bit monotonous after a while, and its not as if the race itself is competitive. with that being said though, i still find it fun to try and optimize my gameplay and get as fast times as possible, not only to improve the effectiveness of the credit grind, but also to give me some kind of goal and challenge to work towards to keep things interesting.

my current fastest race completion is ~15m30s with a lowest lap time of ~1m6s. treating it as a time attack with the other cars being dynamic obstacles to avoid has been fairly amusing.

Last edited:
I should send that spaceship of a "car" around the same track again and again just so I can, what? Buy cars that I don't care about? 🤷‍♂️

Yeah... no thanks. I literally have every car I desire now, until an update brings a new vehicle that takes my fancy.

Last edited:
Sounds boring. The only reason I bought that car was for the 600 km/h trophy. It's now a dust collector. Ferrari Group 4 and Mazda 787B is what I'm driving mostly.

If the tomahawk X wasn't so fast, I'd totally nab it.

I keep thinking someone from Namco snuck into Dodge's design studio and pulled something from the Ridge Racer archives, lol

Press mute, listen to a podcast and grind the trophy for an hour. Difference is, I'm grinding to buy other cars that I will usd. Once PD sort out private lobbies myself and mates will certainly do races where we can utilise all car types including the JEEP.

If I had a choice.
The Tomahawk X or my Suzuki Swift Sport Gr4 for the WTC700 at Circuit De La Sarthe
I would pick the Swift every single time, its more fun as somethings I dont come first due to weather catching me out or me making mistakes.

The Tomahawk doesn't really need to pit even for fuel, even if you use fuel map 1 as their is a trick to make the Tomahawk run upto 300km/h without fuel.

I did a few runs of the Tokyo WTC600 with that Tomahawk X.. so dull.

Meanwhile I've done at least 20 runs of Sardegna WTC800 with the McLaren F1 GTR and that never gets boring. It may take 5-8 mins longer, but it's so much more rewarding (mentally).

I read about the Tomahawk this morning, I'll have to give it a shot.
At this point I'm bored with the offline races and get more joy out of photographing my favorite cars, so when my friends can't join me online that means I'm just collecting credits to collect cars anyway, and anything that speeds that up is a win.

this is a funny one. if someone only drives one car, why would they need the money? Id have to really love a car to drive it more than two races in a row.

Saving 5-10 minutes to set up to intentionally be uncompetitive, to run the same race over and over again, to buy cars one will never drive or learn to tune… Sounds like hell.

I’ve ran the Tokyo race twice, I think. Meanwhile I’ve run Sardegna and Le Mans about 100 times each, with about 20 different cars. That’s 20 cars I’ve optimized, while enjoying myself, while earning the same amount of money per race. That Tokyo circuit is simply not fun after 5 laps, in any car, no matter the payout.

some day they will fix the PP, allow for tuning online, and it won’t matter how many of the $20,000,000 cars a person owns.

Last edited:
I tried it on WTC600 Tokyo and found it no fun at all. Car slides out so easy and the playstyle of taking corners slow and carefully while nailing the throttle on the straights cause the car has OP speed is not satisfying at all. It's a hack and I don't enjoy it all.
You need to trust the aero on the tomahawk, after the 3rd lap on WTC600 Tokyo (because of the wet track) you can do the whole lap, all except the first 2 corners & the hairpin, flat out full throttle, no lifting, you just need to trust the car, have quick respones & use minimal steering inputs.
I actually enjoy the challenge of doing a fast lap the best I have managed so far is a 1:12s with no traffic & around 1:18s with traffic.

Haven't tried it yet. Will probably mix it up with Le Mans and Sardegna.
That’s the best way to do it for me too. After the Tomahawk I do Sardegna and Le Mans. Breaks the monotony and I love the Sardegna course. Group4 for Le Mans and a GT 500 or Group 3 for Sardegna. I find the group 4 Alfa the best for Le Mans, can get almost 190 mph on the Mulsanne straight with the chicanes.
Hope they give us an hour or two race for group c in the future. Nissan is definitely fastest for me but the 787b sounds so good through a surround system or my platinum Sony headset. Highly rec that headset if anyone is looking for one. Get them for about £100 nowand if you play cod or anyFPS the 3d sound is excellent. Have had headsets costing way more but would never go back to the other brands now as they are no better apart from the top Astros or Turtlebeach pro is pretty good but it’s wired.

Topic title is:-

There is only one car you need to race with in this game...​

How do you use the Tomohawk in races requiring less than it's minimum BHP level?
How do you use the Tomohawk in the Manufacturers Cup races?
How do you use the Tomohawk in races that are specified one make races, that aren't the Tomohawk?

So I guess you do need other cars to race with.

Back