There is only one car you need to race with in this game...

Topic title is:-

There is only one car you need to race with in this game...​

How do you use the Tomohawk in races requiring less than it's minimum BHP level?
How do you use the Tomohawk in the Manufacturers Cup races?
How do you use the Tomohawk in races that are specified one make races, that aren't the Tomohawk?

So I guess you do need other cars to race with.
I stated races that are worth the money. Not those that offer pin money!

Probably a question for another thread but is there a way of getting the speed achievements with a 'real' car and not the Tomahawk?

I don't like at all.
This is GT, not wipeout
Couldn't agree more and glad I am not the only one who thinks this. I bought the Tomahawk just yesterday for the Tokyo race thinking I'd do the race at least twice and if nothing else, it car would pay for itself.

So, I was true to my word and did the race twice but basically hated every lap of it. That "car" is ridiculous and there was not much I could do to keep it off the wall. Some of that is me, as I need to learn it, but I don't really care to learn it as it's basically goes against everything 'driving' is about.

Go too fast, it tracks out into the wall; go too slow it tracks out and hits the wall (lack of down force); get the right speed but turn the wheel 1* too much, hit the inside wall and bounce off the outside wall. Made it too to lap eight before I made it a whole lap without a penalty; the worst one was like 35 seconds.

Then, because it's so fast, you lap the AI so may times they get in the way and the odds of touching one and losing the CRB is very high.

If you're using the "car" to grind that's one thing but if you're using it to race you don't get the point of this game especially, since it's a glitch that even makes most of this possible.

Hi, You know what, everyone pays the purchase price for this game, however much that is, that entitles them to play the game as they choose IMO, unless online racing where rules ect apply. Just my opinion which applies to all games people buy to play on their own platforms. unless competing with others online. Back many years ago, in GT2, people where always modding with cars and giving them stupid HP ect

Last edited:
I don't know...I didn't like the Tomahawks in GTS...I don't like the looks and I don't like how they drive and basically I find them boring...and I don't plan to buy one in GT7...if I win one in the lottery it's ok with me, but I am not gonna spend any credits on one unless I have already most of the other cars in my garage

My biggest problem with the Tomahawk is that it's a fantasy car, it does not exist in real life. But I think the same can be said about all of the Gr3 and 4 cars in the game.

I tried it on WTC600 Tokyo and found it no fun at all. Car slides out so easy and the playstyle of taking corners slow and carefully while nailing the throttle on the straights cause the car has OP speed is not satisfying at all.

Not defending the car at all, I'd rather grind Sarthe in the X2019 Jnr, but I've never found the Tomahawk to slide. If you're braking before the corner and back on the throttle lightly while cornering, the active aero should kick in and prevent any kind of slide.

Back