They got the xB all wrong!

  • Thread starter Thread starter typhoon
  • 46 comments
  • 4,251 views
Messages
6
First, they only have 4 gears.
and even if it was based on the atomatic, they made the gears on the transmission way too long.

My box cruises on the freeway at 70 mph in 5th @3500 rpm. GT4 has it in 4rd gear at 70 doing 2750 rpm

My xB redlines in 2nd gear at about 50 mph. in GT4 the have it redlining at 70 mph. My 3rd redlines at around 70-80mph. In GT4 it doesn't even get fast enough to get out of 3rd.

GT4 seems to have the box drag limited up around 110mph. It'll do 120 no problem. (..from what I understand)

In short, they did not do the xB justice in terms of acceleration or top speed.
 
speed and rpm per gear are not really considered in the game as much, they focus more on trying to get the performance as accurate as possible, It sounds like the number of gears may be a fluke, or they used an arly version of the car, but they try to get these cars as close as possible, but there may still be some slight inconsistancies.
 
Firstly, check the tires you used in GT4. Try the same thing with economy or comfort tires and see if it makes a difference.

And secondly, who really cares if they don't accurately represent the xB? It's not exactly a speed demon. Or much of a looker for that matter.
 
how many people actually use the xb on the game in a regular basis....thats what i'd like to know
 
im using it right now for the pro compact race series.. erg i've spent like 80 grand on it :p i think they're neat cars got a spoiler and new wheels and whatnot.. still having a hard time winning though
 
i thought the japanese one has 5spd?!
 
I don't know why they gave it only 4 gears, but I think all the low end cars are geared more for top speed than they are in real life so you aren't forced to buy a new racing transmission just to compete.
 
First of all .. the car shouldn't really be in the game in the first place - its a box on wheels and has no historic value.

Just keep it in your garage and don't use it. Thats my suggestion. I'll be better there.

:lol:
 
Jeez it's not 100% right on. You need to remember this is not a simulation. It's a videogame no matter what the stupid slogan is.
 
Wait... in America it has a 4 speed manual?

Also, keep in mind that they simply rebadged the bB the xb for the NA release. I'm sure there has to be differences between the two.
 
kiwee
the thing only has like 95hp anyways......
That's a non-issue. It matters to the thread starter.
 
Dont forget that your transmission probably isnt tuned the same as the in game car. Or rather, it isnt the same. even if the ingame had 5 gears
 
Omologato
Wait... in America it has a 4 speed manual?

Also, keep in mind that they simply rebadged the bB the xb for the NA release. I'm sure there has to be differences between the two.
Nope, it comes with either a 5 speed manual or a 4 speed auto. PD ignores whether or not a gearbox is manual or auto in the game.
 
My only disappointment about Scion in GT4 is about not having the Scion tC in it. While the xA (my least favorite Scion) and the xB (my second favorite Scion) are really imports of the Ish and Bb from Toyota Japan, the tC is exclusive to the Scion brand. I haven't seen many, but it's about the sportiest Scion you can ask for, and damn is it lovely! That's okay, though. I can deal with the other Scions.

From the Houston Auto Show, I have the Winter 2005 Scion magazine. I'll read up some specs on the xB, and maybe those of you with GT4 can use it for comparison.

LEGEND: (S) - Standard; (a) Available; (O) Optional

Transmission: (S) 5-speed manual (A) 4-speed electronically-controlled automatic
Horsepower: 108hp at 6,000 RPM
Torque: 105lb. ft at 4,200RPM

So, there's some of the stuff I read up on.
 
i got the 2005 xb, in the game its 2003 there was never a 2003 scion xb...
 
OK, I see we have some haters out there.

I heard that the xB sold in Japan in '03 as the bB and ONLY came with a 4 speed auto. Here in America it has the 5-speed manual. In my estimation that makes a big difference in real world performance.

It does appear the box has a top speed around the 110 mark, so I guess the game is accurate in that.

If you want to virtually test drive the xB in the game just drop in the 6-speed manual, that feels more like the real thing.
 
Scion stinks anyway, as these things are lunchboxes on wheels. Spend your cash on a worthy ride, and take the trash out!
 
I like it. Especially when it's black with gold rims and it has been lowered with a racing suspension. 👍

Four gears only? Who cares. That's twice more than what you get with the 54 Corvette automatic, and four times more than the Toyota Triathalon car.
 
excuse me but WHAT IS AN xB??????????????
 
Sorry if it's been mentioned above, but I think it might be just the difference between the American and Japanese versions of the car.
 
strik3out
excuse me but WHAT IS AN xB??????????????

Its the Scion xB

If your not sure what that is then just try and spot a box on wheels down the road that looks like a mini van. In other words, try and find that really ugly car. :)

(no offense to xB fans)
 
To those posting things like "the xB is crap, why drive it?" please remember that not everyone here wants to drive only the fastest cars in the game. Some of us like to drive everything from the slowest on up because we like to experience everything the game has to offer.

Current cars in game:
'97 Daihatsu MIRA TR-XX Avanzato R ~73hp
'64 Ginetta G4 ~130hp
'79 Autobianchi Arbath(?) ~70hp

Yes I lose a lot but I'm having a blast!!!
 
This is the Box. Stylin' baby.
398563_30_full.jpg
 
Stylin?

Where's the flowing lines? The individuality? The rims are even lame.

Come to think about it my little brother drews something like that yesterday. It looks functionable, it looks live-with-able, but damn, it ain't good looking.
 
The Xb was the first car I bought in the game, and it has 5 gears!
 
what a horrid car, its a mar on the good name of toyota, at least some fools dont realize its them...

uggh, who gives a crap if its not represented accurately, I would rather have another lancer or skyline (thats saying a lot). jeez!
 
fastcatsi
To those posting things like "the xB is crap, why drive it?" please remember that not everyone here wants to drive only the fastest cars in the game. Some of us like to drive everything from the slowest on up because we like to experience everything the game has to offer.

Yes I lose a lot but I'm having a blast!!!
Tell me about it. That Mazda Carol nearly killed me!:p
 
The xB is the coolest car next to the Mini Cooper S, and thats only to speak of cars in that hp range. Cars like that are very good for getaway cars in Europe. Not so much in America since there are more open roads and they would get overtaken by any police car. If someone gave me some Daewoo or Kia for free, I would scrap it for the money its worth. If someone gave me an xB, I would keep it. The xB at least trys to be cool at an affordable price. It seems to me like they have succeeded. You can even customize your xB with upgraded sound systems and other features like that. But, I would take the Mini Cooper S over the xB because of better stlying, more options, better speed, more luxury, and the fact its make in the UK. Also, at certain distances the xB might be mistaken for a mini van if not next to some other car so you can relate them.
 
The Nissan Cube is going to kick the xBs butt in the US. :)

I thought about a Scion for a while. Didn't fit in the xA which was the one I really wanted. Didn't fit in the tC, which was the only one that seemed to have any performance. Kinda felt like a corolla...'cause it was. :) The xB was the only thing I fit in. The stlying...ahem... "styling" wasn't for me, but there are a few out here that like it. It has lots of room, but the poor thing moans like a 12 year old at the Neverland Ranch when you try to get it to go anywhere fast!

They didn't get the MINI Cooper S right either. Oh well... in the beginning there's a big disclaimer that the vehicles in the game are not necessarily representative of blah blah blah.

Close enough. :)
 
Back