They got the xB all wrong!

  • Thread starter Thread starter typhoon
  • 46 comments
  • 4,251 views
re1987
The xB is the coolest car next to the Mini Cooper S, and thats only to speak of cars in that hp range. Cars like that are very good for getaway cars in Europe. Not so much in America since there are more open roads and they would get overtaken by any police car.

As a small number of British police forces have these, it would have to be one very quick Cooper S

UK_Police_1.jpg


And the Police in Norfolk use this (just for publicity)

8274-112028-1.jpg


All that aside, one of the most popular getaway cars in the UK is the Impreza WRX, no wonder the Police forces have Evo's.
 
I have an xA and was disappointed in the US version of GT4. I know it's not the most attractive or fastest car in its' class, but I bought it in GT4 for novelty. The xA/xB have some minor cosmetic changes from the ist/bB...bumpers, licenses, etc...

Anyway, for the US version, they put the Japanese Toyota ist (xA) and bB (xB) in the US section under the Scion name. They are tagged as US cars. This means they can't be used in the Japan events. However, you race xAs and xBs in the Japan events. I ended up having to buy a Vitz RS for the Compact Car Cup. I think it's a half-ass region change on Polyphony Digital's part...

Also, the 4speed transmission info is probably based on the Japanese counterparts... The ist/bB don't have a manual transmission as an option... Also, the xA/xB are geared shorter for faster acceleration.
 
I only say they are good getaway cars because of the Bourne Identity and the car they used there was the old Mini car. It was junk too, but it still did the job. Also, what do you think would make the best American police car? I was thinking maybe a fleet of Cadillac CTS and STS? Of course it wouldn't be possible for most cases because these cars are expensive.
 
Who cares, the XB looks like a toaster. That thing should have never made it in the game.
 
WJHMH
Who cares, the XB looks like a toaster. That thing should have never made it in the game.

honostly. who cares about those buckets anyway
 
Not you two ignorant guys I guess;)
 
re1987
I only say they are good getaway cars because of the Bourne Identity and the car they used there was the old Mini car. It was junk too, but it still did the job. Also, what do you think would make the best American police car? I was thinking maybe a fleet of Cadillac CTS and STS? Of course it wouldn't be possible for most cases because these cars are expensive.
Err the New Mini is totally differnet to the classic model, it should be called a medium cause of its size.
 
I dunno, I don't like the xB all that well, but at least it's not overpriced.
 
Someome made just about the best point all thread long. Maybe some people don't want big, gas-guzzling, turn-on-a-dime sports cars. Take me. I like all sorts of cars, and one of my favorites is the Mini Cooper. In terms of Scion, I kind of thought it would be great to have the Scion tC in the game, because as I say, if you don't like the xA and the xB, you MIGHT like the tC. But with the xB in the game, okay. This car may look extremely boxy, but speaking as an art person, the xB actually has a mean stance to it. Think of it as a baby SUV crossed with a minivan. According to the PS2 game "Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero," it's a small minivan. It's so distinctive on the road. And above all, it's unique. So what's not to love about "a box?" It doesn't have serious horsepower or performance, but then, you could probably say the same for... I don't know, the Mazda Demio?

With the xB in the game, I think of it more as a road racer or a rally machine. Every car is good for something in the game. The reason why I don't attack the xB is that it has unique style and is actually pretty mean. What's wrong with being original? I guess that's why I'm for the xB. I just don't like the xA, though.

Kind of wished the tC was in the game because it has 160hp and 163 lb. ft of torque. Its only weakness would be its weight of 2,905 for the manual and 2,970 for the automatic. Would have been a big hit for Scion fans playing GT4. Other than that, I can deal without it.
 
Scaff
As a small number of British police forces have these, it would have to be one very quick Cooper S

UK_Police_1.jpg


And the Police in Norfolk use this (just for publicity)

8274-112028-1.jpg


All that aside, one of the most popular getaway cars in the UK is the Impreza WRX, no wonder the Police forces have Evo's.

Just to further the point... the police also have some Subaru's too...

Reckon you know you're ruined your day if a police Rally car screams up behind you with it's lights flashing!!

C.

PS Altho driving down the motorway a lot recently I notice that there are a lot of Police Mercs... Some M-classes and some E or C (I'm not sure)-Class estates knocking around... Reckon I wouldn't be too scared of the M-Class!! Unless it was in the school rush!!
 
ExigeExcel
Stylin?
Where's the flowing lines? The individuality? The rims are even lame.
Come to think about it my little brother drews something like that yesterday. It looks functionable, it looks live-with-able, but damn, it ain't good looking.
Yeah right. No individuality. You see this design every day. And they're not rims. they're steelies with stainless steel trim rings. Perhaps you would slap on some dubs, idiot.

Nemo
what a horrid car, its a mar on the good name of toyota, at least some fools dont realize its them...
uggh, who gives a crap if its not represented accurately, I would rather have another lancer or skyline (thats saying a lot). jeez!
Bite me. At least I actually own a car someone at PD thought was cool enough to put in the game. What do you drive? a rusted-out '91 taurus. Yeah I'd love a skyline too, and they only run a hundred grand.

JRizEJ6
honostly. who cares about those buckets anyway
You cared enough to not only read the thread but post to it.

The point of this thread in the first place was to point out to other gamers an inaccuracy in the game simulation, from someone who actaully drives the real car. I would want someone else who owned a Golf or a Civic to share the same info with me & I wouldn't rip on their ride.
 
yeti
Just to further the point... the police also have some Subaru's too...

Reckon you know you're ruined your day if a police Rally car screams up behind you with it's lights flashing!!

C.

PS Altho driving down the motorway a lot recently I notice that there are a lot of Police Mercs... Some M-classes and some E or C (I'm not sure)-Class estates knocking around... Reckon I wouldn't be too scared of the M-Class!! Unless it was in the school rush!!

Northamptonshire Constabulary have, as a motorway pursuit car, an unmarked, red Ferrari 360 Modena (on a private plate).

I'd love to see the Scion that could get away from that.


And let's not forget that every police force in the UK has a helicopter. It's scrambled for chases and can reach the scene less than five minutes after the pursuit started. The slowest one in the UK is the South Yorkshire one, which only reaches 165mph. In a straight line, not following the curves of the road.
 
typhoon
First, they only have 4 gears.
and even if it was based on the atomatic, they made the gears on the transmission way too long.

My box cruises on the freeway at 70 mph in 5th @3500 rpm. GT4 has it in 4rd gear at 70 doing 2750 rpm

My xB redlines in 2nd gear at about 50 mph. in GT4 the have it redlining at 70 mph. My 3rd redlines at around 70-80mph. In GT4 it doesn't even get fast enough to get out of 3rd.

GT4 seems to have the box drag limited up around 110mph. It'll do 120 no problem. (..from what I understand)

In short, they did not do the xB justice in terms of acceleration or top speed.

Automatic gearboxes are almost always longer than their manual counterparts. Also, because the gear ratios are taller acceleration is not as fast, and if there is not enough power, it won't be able to overcome the tallest of the ratios, in this case 4th. There are some cars in the game that are not accurate, but I think you're mistaken about the xB -- I think they modeled after the automatic transmission version.
 
Famine
Northamptonshire Constabulary have, as a motorway pursuit car, an unmarked, red Ferrari 360 Modena (on a private plate).

Sweet... Glad that it's in Red... A ferrari in any other colour isn't a Ferrari (IMO)

(Note to self... don't speed in Northamptonshire!)

C.
 
First off, Scions are UGLY. They're slow, too. I hate the fact that the tC wasn't included in GT4, as that's the only car from that line that i like. It has great value, too.

Also, i read somewhere earlier in this thread that they actually bought, spent 80 grand, and then used this car in the compact race. Why in the flippin' world would you do that when you have a perfectly good Mazda Kusabi in your garage? It's 3800mm, 150hp, and isn't half-bad looking to boot.

Unless you didnt get all silvers (or better) in the Domestic B license testing, you would have this car. It's a MUCH better vehicle when compared to the friggin' Scion. Bleugh.
 
I want to drive that car because it's a nice car but I read on an other thread about the auto-save and GT4 saves automatically after buying a car so you can't buy him for fun and then reload to continue your game.
 
Back