Theyre not sliding! falcon skyline and wrx problems.

hey peoples, i recently bought a falcon skyline and a wrx imprezza and when i try to drift them they dont slide.(i have them up to spects with drift settings from people.if you want me to post the settings i will.)i have all driver aids off.n1s even though they say n2s or n3s.and 200 pounds all the way in the back.i also put max camber on the subie and still nuthing.well i shouldent say nuthing because there is a little bit of slide but not enugh to do anything with. please help.

EDIT: what is Racing I/C? does it have to do with the slide of the car? and were is it located in the tunning place(dont know what its called.)

thanks in advance,
GT4_drifter7

First of all, you just cant start instantly, it takes a couple days to get the hang of it, then weeks or even months to master.

You should also put the power adjuster (I cant believe i forgot its name) to 10 in the front. No weight movement is necessary either. same with the enormous camber :yuck:, for one it makes the car look ugly, and its completely unnecessary. you should also use n2's to get the hang of it, then move on to n3's for more grip, depending on how much power your using.

Like I tell everybody, DON'T USE OTHER PEOPLES SETUPS. people are unique, you need to find what works for you. I used to try and use other peoples setups and it got me nowhere. You just need to take some time, and mess with the settings on your own. It only took me 2-3 days to create a setup that i still use in every single one of my 4wd's with no problem.

sorry if you actually know how to drift, but from the way you are talking, it sounds like your a noob to awd drifting

AWD yes. FR, no...well im a newb time wise but i think im gettign the hang of it very quick.and your right i shouldnt use other peoples setups.infact i just created my own setup or a TVR that i will be posting soon.and i just put the camber to see if it will slide more.

hey peoples, i recently bought a falcon skyline and a wrx imprezza and when i try to drift them they dont slide.(i have them up to spects with drift settings from people.if you want me to post the settings i will.)i have all driver aids off.n1s even though they say n2s or n3s.and 200 pounds all the way in the back.i also put max camber on the subie and still nuthing.well i shouldent say nuthing because there is a little bit of slide but not enugh to do anything with. please help.

EDIT: what is Racing I/C? does it have to do with the slide of the car? and were is it located in the tunning place(dont know what its called.)

thanks in advance,
GT4_drifter7

read the stickies and practice. i would say start with a FR and not AWD. they are imo easier to drift if your starting out.
and if you read the description, it will tell you what it is/does.
and its located right behind the front bumper.

You should also put the power adjuster (I cant believe i forgot its name) to 10 in the front. No weight movement is necessary either. same with the enormous camber :yuck:, for one it makes the car look ugly, and its completely unnecessary. you should also use n2's to get the hang of it, then move on to n3's for more grip, depending on how much power your using.

Like I tell everybody, DON'T USE OTHER PEOPLES SETUPS. people are unique, you need to find what works for you. I used to try and use other peoples setups and it got me nowhere. You just need to take some time, and mess with the settings on your own. It only took me 2-3 days to create a setup that i still use in every single one of my 4wd's with no problem.
Well, using other people's setups is handy because it shows that person's style but also, it shows how a drift would be like. I went that way but everyone is different though. That is why we have the FR drift guide, it has a setup ready for the Honda S2000

Like many others have said or have Diablo said, don't always use other people's setups. Its good to find a style of drifting but not really starting off. We recommend the FR guide made by Swift and BL and don't starting drifting AWD till you are ready.

Like many others have said or have Diablo said, don't always use other people's setups. Its good to find a style of drifting but not really starting off. We recommend the FR guide made by Swift and BL and don't starting drifting AWD till you are ready.

One of the best posts you've ever made. 👍

Make up a universal setup? I cant drift well so i stick with one rather simple spring setting setup on jsut about all AWDs.

Spring Rate: 4.5 / 4.5
Ride: 10mm above min.
Bound: 5/ 5
Rebound 6/ 6
Camber: 3 / 1
Toe: -1/ -1
Stabs: 2/ 2

Don't treat this setup as the ONLY answer. I have mentioned this is something I use as a base setup to start off, I fine tune later. Maybe you can jsut let 1 understeer go by? It doesn't slow your car down too much nor does it really affect anything esle for that matter.

To add to what TeamDiablo3 said,Don't use staggering tires, unless it's cars like Spec C and Evo XIII. N2's a good choice for a lot of AWDs, but the most commonly preferred AWDs are somewhat better with N3's. These allow a bit of grip to the road so do massive feint / power-over drifts are more easily achievable, as well long wide drifts are achievable as well. I personally am all about long drift when it comes to these AWDs. PM me if you need help on that.:)

thanks for the advice. i recently bought a imprezza 22b and i can drift that really easy(without crazy settigns). i dont know why i can drift the newer imprezza.mybey tonight ill try a Trico Pro's settings on it and go from there.👍

thanks for the advice. i recently bought a imprezza 22b and i can drift that really easy(without crazy settigns). i dont know why i can drift the newer imprezza.mybey tonight ill try a Trico Pro's settings on it and go from there.👍

The newer Impreza is just weird, I have created a community project on it and the first technique or way that would work is like creating a small misfire fire in a row( ALS type but without the actual letting go of the pedal but downshifting ) to break the rear traction in the rear for a few seconds. also with the help of the Ebrake to keep it there.

STi Project?

The newer Impreza is just weird, I have created a community project on it and the first technique or way that would work is like creating a small misfire fire in a row( ALS type but without the actual letting go of the pedal but downshifting ) to break the rear traction in the rear for a few seconds. also with the help of the Ebrake to keep it there.

STi Project?

i just watched that vid(my dad has faster internet then i had before).very interesting. it seems like your really close. what i did was hit the e-brake and the gas at the same time and it spun out a little bit but then it would just regaine traction.

the settings are from individual drifting styles. yours might be difforent. thanks for the heads up though...i was going to start drifting the falken skyline(my fav)but if it is hard i will no that its not me its the setup.:cheers:

hi,im quite new here.....i see that its quite hard to drift a falken skyline and
a wrx impreza?well,i could drift with both cars....maybe you need to use
the right tire and tcs & asm setup<br>

(sorry if the image is too big....)

setups:

Tire:
Front:N3/N2
Rear:N2/N1

Spring setting:
spring rate:75%
ride height:0%(lowest)
Shock bound:6
shock rebound:10
Camber angle: Front:4.5
Rear:2.5
stabilizers:2

Other settings:
Downforce: Front:75%
Rear:25%
ASM(over):0
ASM(under):10
TCS:2
Weight distribution:-15

well that was the setup i use to drift....but i dont know if it works for everybody....

well....basically its for every car (i got this setting from gamefaqs)but for awd cars, the tire setting is important.try to put a harder (or weaker) tires for the rear than the front.and about the wrx impreza,i didnt rezlize you were talking about the 2004 model.but i did try to drift with it.....yeah,it could slide but its harder to control the slide then the 22b.but anyways,i will upload the pics soon enough.....

idk about the wrx but the Falken Skyline i can help u on. Put on N2s in front and N1s in the back...u can also put on N2s in backk and N3s in front...or N3s in front and N1s on back. all u have to do is have a gripier tire set in the front than in the back.

They all work But N2s in front and N1s in back seemed to work out the best!

Hey no prob, im just giving you a hard time. i know that you knew that i helped. (man that was hard to type):scared: But if you find any really good settings for the skyline let me know cuz its my fav car.

Im just glad that i could help, im starting to feel like im no longer a noob at this YEA.

Back