Things I don't want to see in GT5...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shimist
  • 123 comments
  • 9,309 views
I'm not sure how or what you consider unrewarding. I guess what I'm trying to ask is with the little or no experience at any of the two (from what I've seen at least)you have, how do you consider them unrewarding?

Are you talking real life here? Because IRL, I have no experience of ovalracing, and very little drifting. I´m talking in game.
And unrewarding as in "it gives me nothing" and it´s not money I´m talking about, but more feelings-wise. I don´t get the same kick out of drifting or ovalracing as I do setting a really fast lap around a roadcourse.

It´s simply a fact that I don´t see where the fun is in some forms of racing, IE drifting, ovalracing and dragracing. And that´s playing in a game. I´m perfectly happy to attend dragraces IRL.
 
I dont want to see 1 generic parts supplier and even though that was not the case with GT4 but they were not different prices or power differences. Also the lack of tuning companies for the european cars. Another thing more detailed tuning in FI and in engine compartments.
 
One thing I thought of... I hate how GT4 welcomes you on the map by saying in the corner: Welcome to Gran Turismo World "Ethan"

I hate it when people put my name in quotes. It's rude :p
 
Last edited:
I love when they place my name in quotes... after all life is not really "exact" ;) hehe
 
I don't want to see three different variants of one model year Skyline or Supra while European, Australian, and American manufacturers barely have a presence in the game. That was the feeling I got from GT4. Waaaaaaay too much JDM love IMO.
 
Well, it is a japanese game after all. lol
 
^ If you were in Kaz's position, would GT be all Porsches, BMW's, and Audi's? I'm not saying get rid of all the Japanese cars, or belittling the Japanese car culture, I just think the game would be better if there was more balance in the car lineup. And if you're gonna give us a ton of Japanese cars, at least let us rice them out for a good laugh.:dunce::crazy::sly:
 
Well no, because i dislike most German cars.
But its also huge advertisement for japanese manufacturers.

And actually, without Gran Turismo, i wouldnt be such a huge fan of Skylines, Supras, Evos etc. and it also introduced me to the JGTC/Super GT. 8)
 
quote gtace...
since the first GT i've started love japan cars.. and for me, jdm cars are the best racing stock cars in the world..
it's for PD that today i have an evolution 9 in my garage:sly:
 
sxy rider 39 does have a point. We've got hundreds of Japanese cars... many, many classics, moderns... just look at the used car halls! Look at all the dreadfully normal Japanese cars in there...

I think it'd be fine and dandy if they keep all the Japanese cars in, and put more American/European/Australian cars in, to the same level. So we get as many classics, moderns, and tuners as the Japanese makers.

Just look at the Japanese car list in Arcade Mode in GT4, on the manufactuer select screen... the list of Japanese manufactuers far outnumbers any other.

That being said, I do rather love my little blue Lancer 1600 GSR 👍
 
I agree but you also have to bear in mind that licensing japanese cars is far less ecpensive for a japanese company, that you have to please the japanese crowd and that you have to please the japanese car manufacturers.

Its all a business thing and it has nothing to do with Yamauchis taste.
If that would be the case, we could drive Porsche since GT1. lol
 
One thing I don't want to see, is the same track in the same condition every freaking time I go there, "hey, there's that guy from last time, still there..., doesn't he move ?"

I'd like to see the track change a little every now and then, make Tsukuba's grass nice and green during spring, then show it starting to dry up and die when its mid-summer, maybe show tire path's in the grass from someone who crashed there recently, change something !, you know track's don't stay in perfect shape forever !
 
I agree but you also have to bear in mind that licensing japanese cars is far less ecpensive for a japanese company, that you have to please the japanese crowd and that you have to please the japanese car manufacturers.

Its all a business thing and it has nothing to do with Yamauchis taste.
If that would be the case, we could drive Porsche since GT1. lol

I suppose - but if I were in a manufacturer's shoes, I would let PD include my cars in a heartbeat - not only because I love Gran Turismo, but because of the advertising potential, and the possibility that some people may purchase a real car because of the game.

Look at RAVELLRON - he said he purchased a Mitsi Evo 9 because of GT not two or three posts ago. I myself am considering buying some of my GT4 cars one day - I truly want to own a real life version of my modified 2005 Mustang, and I practically lust after a silver '69 Corvette Stingray.

Granted, it is rather old, but it's still a real car and I'm considering buying one - one day - because of my experience with it in GT. I, personally, think that this game has more advertising potential than any billboard. I'm surprised the manufacturers aren't queing up.
 
im thirty....
older i know...
i spent my past play gt, i really loved my old time spent play gt...
all the night, all the morning, i really loved it...
after gt2 release i really thought that PD is the best game productor of the world... they think like us, and after they put into ideas in new game version...

gt3 i hated really...

gt4 i loved...but my feelings weren't like the first GT or GT2....

GT5 i think will give me the same feelings like the first GT... i'm sure......
 
Last edited:
im thirteen....
older i know...
i spent my past play gt, i really loved my old time spent play gt...
all the night, all the morning, i really loved it...
after gt2 release i really thought that PD is the best game productor of the world... they think like us, and after they put into ideas in new game version...

gt3 i hated really...

gt4 i loved...but my feelings weren't like the first GT or GT2....

GT5 i think will give me the same feelings like the first GT... i'm sure......


I hope GT5 will give me that feeling that GT1 gave me when i first played, its unexplainable...(i just bought Gt1 again too)
 
I hope GT5 will give me that feeling that GT1 gave me when i first played, its unexplainable...(i just bought Gt1 again too)

yes.. for me it'll do that feeling gt5, cuz there will be innovation:sly::sly::sly:
 
I don't want a track creator.
 
It would be good to see all of the "normal cars" that are in GT4 ,such as the big sedans,mini vans,and old clunkers replaced with fun cars or more racing cars.
 
But why, when that's one of the aspects that makes the series so cool? You can drive a Corvette or Skyline in all the games nowadays (including GT), but what other games allow you to race in a Nissan Cube, Daihatsu Midget, or Citroen 2CV?

Now as far as adding more "fun" cars (and not removing the "normal" cars), that I do agree with (though I would like some more "normal" cars from Europe and the US, but that's for another thread!)
 
I don't want to see penalties inflicted on me for other drivers mistakes, also i don't want to see body kits and big spoilers that are not available to the actual car in the real world, and i do not want to see the grass areas being used as part of the track.
That happens because the computer isn't able to process it as your fault or not because it can't read your mind.
 
Drifting - it goes against the idea of racing altogether. More show than go, form over function:yuck:

B-spec most every single race. You shouldnt be able to beat over 75% of the game without racing a single car. Or maybe have Bspec as a different objective. That would mean in-race saves for endurance races, something I dont think is too far from reach.

If B-spec is included, no prize cars for winning! Just like you dont get any a-spec points, you shouldnt get any prize cars. There really shouldnt be an auto-win option in any game.

No make-a-gajillion-dollars-in-fifteen-minute races. Prizes need to be given according to the difficulty and length of race. You get a 743,749cr car for DTM but only a 213,499cr car for the GT world Championship? That seems off.

Mission 34:grumpy:
 
I do agree on the monetary issue - by the time I purchased my first car, I had about 30-40,000cr because I won and sold cars from the license tests. This shouldn't be. You should be saving and scraping a lot... in fact, you shouldn't be able to win cars at every event.
 
I do not want to see CAR AWARDS. I like the idea... at first.. but then after few events completion you have few cars in you're garage that you never wanna drive so you sell them. You get money and then you quickly get MUCH money. I like to take SLOW progress. Winning cars just spreads up the whole progress. Winnable CARS should only be available in Endurance racing only.
 
I do not want to see CAR AWARDS. I like the idea... at first.. but then after few events completion you have few cars in you're garage that you never wanna drive so you sell them. You get money and then you quickly get MUCH money. I like to take SLOW progress. Winning cars just spreads up the whole progress. Winnable CARS should only be available in Endurance racing only.

yes.. i like your thinking... i wanna be able to take it slow...
 
I don't want to see faulty descriptions of the car modifications. The description of the third stage of weight reduction says "replaces the car's body with a carbon fiber one." Either give us visual conformation of this, or change the description of the mod. Another one would be the addition of visible front end aero components. When you add a wing in GT4, it allows you to add front end downforce, but there are no splitters, or canards, or anything like that which are visibly changed on the car. This brings up the point that I don't want to see the same dismal selection of visible aero mods. Highly modified go-carts and buggies have aero mods for Christ's sake.
 
Drifting - it goes against the idea of racing altogether. More show than go, form over function:yuck:
Considering that "removing" drifting would require making the physics highly unrealistic, I say leave it in.
 
Considering that "removing" drifting would require making the physics highly unrealistic, I say leave it in.

He means drifting as a sport, not that a car can do slides. And I agree with him!
 
Drifting - it goes against the idea of racing altogether. More show than go, form over function:yuck:

Exactly what idea of racing is it going against? Its still requires skilled driving as much as Racing does. It seems like most of the people who hate drifting don't know alot about it.
 
Plus PD kinda support the D1GP... i love drifting, keep it in and expand it more...
 
Back