Things I Love...

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 375 comments
I did this yesterday!

I cleared about 5kg of old shirts and slacks from my wardrobe, and what was left was easily arrangeable.
The shelves also had a load of tat so I filled a bin with recyclables.
My game collection was then relocated to the shelves now free of tat.

Not content to get everything I own into one wardrobe, I went to town on the kitchen and optimised the cupboards and fridge freezer, also purging a large amount of recyclables.

My shed has been well organised for a while but my rear car seats take up a lot of the space. Perhaps I’ll take that on today.

In between organising the house, I cleaned and maintained my motorcycle, daily hypermiling hatch and 3 bicycles.

I’ve been keen to clear and organise my daughter’s bedroom but that means throwing out 90% of the junk and she isn’t ready to part with it yet.

I’ve have a huge Pokémon card collection that I share with my students, and sitting down with some tunes to curate it once a week is like meditation.

I think I’ll do the garden today once I’m high as **** again.
It's a great feeling that's also rewarding when you finish. My brother also does the same with his Pokémon card collection and we go through our storage room every now and again to tidy things up. I wish I didn't feel so burnt out mentally after work to not be productive at home often and could just spend time doing these sort of cleanups. There's times I'd use my time off to just do that for a staycation.

I love eggs anyway, but I really love a warm egg with a runny yolk on top of a chilled salad. It's the temperature and textural contrast, plus the runny yolk oozes down and mixes with the dressing. Seems to work best with a salad that isn't leafy, if only because leafy salads get soggy before they can be properly chilled.

Soup season. I don't like the cold, but a silver lining is that soup or stew is always appropriate. The sweet spot is early soup season when it's not too cold yet.

Driving into work on a snowy morning
with brand new confidence inspiring snow tires
glancing in the rear-view mirror and unexpectedly seeing a huge rooster tail of snow

Homemade mayo. It tastes better than anything you get in a plastic jar and it's easier to make than it is to peel the seal off of that jar.

Back