Things I Love...

• Thread starter W3H5
  • 375 comments

W3H5

Premium
Thailand
Thailand
The 'What Grinds Your Gears?' Thread was so full of negativity and whining. Forget that, tell us what you love. Keep it relevant to your daily experiences. I'll go first...

The feeling of using a fresh razor head for the first time in weeks.

Being able to ignore my alarm on a day off work.

That second or so of strangeness right before a sneeze.

The throbbing of muscles right after the end of a tough bit of exercise.

How about you?

Weight lifting.
Being able to pick up and lift weights that are so heavy that you need 4 untrained men at once to move it makes me feel powerful. Weight lifting feels great.

I also have a sadistic love for climbing steep hills with my bicycle, it may sound masochistic but I love the pain of fighting my way up a really steep mountain for several hours.
The struggle, the exhaustion, each brutal mountain feels like an epic battle. Its hard to describe.

Which leads me to my next point: I love cycling in the rain.

Last edited:
Cars, Porsche in particular, girls, skiing, fitness, jogging, watching TV (series and docu), eating .....

Popping a fresh, cold beer after a long journey. It's the little things that do it for me...

Cars, Porsche in particular, girls, skiing, fitness, jogging, watching TV (series and docu), eating .....

I'm talking about the little things in life that brighten up the day, like when your favourite song come on the radio right when you're not expecting or when you suddenly find money you didn't know you had in the pocket of an old jacket.

It's a little odd, but reading car magazines from a while ago and reading the articles that they got wrong. Not to go "haha they got it wrong" mind.

Popping a fresh, cold beer after a long journey. It's the little things that do it for me...

I'm talking about the little things in life that brighten up the day, like when your favourite song come on the radio right when you're not expecting or when you suddenly find money you didn't know you had in the pocket of an old jacket.
These are the little things in life I really like.

Let me downsize it a little bit:

a smile from a beautiful girl

the opportunity to drive a 911

the rush in my brain when jogging

the taste of my favourite food in my mouth

Sun shining on my face

going downhill at a rather high speed on skies (is also a rush and a special feeling)

When I see a new promising serie on TV

waking up and remembering a beautiful dream

receiving good news, whatever the news is.

getting a "like" on gtp :D

getting a compliment

A glass of fresh OJ followed by black coffee and a cigarette in the morning.

Seeing the fluid temps climb and subsequently feeling that turbo-torque push me into my seat, never gets old.

A shower after a long walk or a workout.

- Being able to turn off the alarm set for the morning
- Design and editing with good music
- Cruising with @Doog

A glass of fresh OJ followed by black coffee and a cigarette in the morning.

I love that feeling of taking the first few drags on a cigarette after a long sleep. I prefer to have a chocolate milk or orange rather than a coffee though*.

A cold Coca-Cola from a glass bottle.

That my be my single favourite daily experience now that I've cut down to one Coke a day.

* I cannot explain the enjoyment I get from making a fresh cup of tea, not 'English' tea mind, a proper, loose leaf brew with top quality Chinese tea. No milk, no sugar, just the anticipation of waiting for the boiling water to cool so I can enjoy the tea really lifts my spirit.

The glass bottle tastes so much better than the plastic bottle Coke. I never understood this.

In rank order, for me:

Coke from a soda stream (ice dependant)
Coke from a glass bottle
Coke from a can
Coke from that shady guy on the corner
Coke from a plastic bottle
Any binder of Pepsi

But just now, the thing I love, taking a leak after a few pints have built up in my bladder. Ah, the relief.

When I think I'm out of pop, but find one last one tucked in the back of the fridge.

When I find out I have no homework :D

Engaging 2nd (final) gear in my 50cc motorcycle, it's just so satisfying

Doing sport. If I had a bad day I just hit the gym and/or go for a jog or play football and I forget everything and I feel really relaxed and feel really good

I love playing football (soccer) in the rain. There's something about it that satisfies me.

Listening to instrumental music (with no vocals). Again it relaxes me and shuts me off from the outside world and sometimes that's so good.

In rank order, for me:

Coke from a soda stream (ice dependant)
Coke from a glass bottle
Coke from a can
Coke from that shady guy on the corner
Coke from a plastic bottle
Any binder of Pepsi

Cold Coca-Cola from a...

Glass bottle
Drinks tower
Can
Glass cup
---
Dog bowl
Wellington
Sock
Wringed out of an old towel
---
Plastic bottle

That's not to say I don't drink coke out of a plastic bottle. But it is nowhere near as satisfying.

I think I've only ever experienced the glass bottle once when abroad.

This isn't a thing I love.

Edit: a thing I do love is waking up naturally, not from an alarm clock or someone telling you to.

Back