Things I would like in the next GT

• Thread starter FuryX21
  • 47 comments
The main thing I want in GT4 is improved AI. Lets face it, the AI in GT2 and 3 haven't been good (the AI in GT1 was though). The computer never drives their cars to their full potential. Take the Like the Wind race in the Professional League for instance. The Zonda C12S goes blazingly off the line, but it reaches 150mph and tops out, going around the track the whole race constantly maxing out at 150mph. This tells me that the computer didn't bother to tune the gear ratios. The same is the case for a lot of the other cars in that race too, except they top out going faster than 200mph. The cars in the Like the Wind race should be a lot faster than the ones used. The only competitor is the Viper, which can get up to about 260. But the challenge goes out the window when the Viper pits every 5 laps, when you don't even need to pit on the Test Course.

Besides more cars and tracks, another thing I would like to see in GT4 is more tuning options like in real life, like the ability to slap turbos on N/A cars. Body kits and racing modifications would be nice too so the cars could look more interesting. Drag racing would be nice. I would like a straight stretching for about 10 miles. That could replace the max speed test since you can never really get up to max speed because of the turns. They could record 0-60 times, 0-100 times, and 100-0 braking times. They could also implement changing weather conditions in endurance races. For instance, say you enter an endurance race and the race starts at the break of dawn. As you race, the sun would gradually rise above the sky making it appear that the day is actually progressing. Also, rain (not just a wet track), fog, and snow for rally races would be nice.

They could cut down on all the different types of one car. For instance in GT3, we have the Lancer Evolution VII RS, Lancer Evolution VII GSR, Lancer Evolution VII Rally Prototype, Lancer Evolution VI RS, Lancer Evolution VI GSR, Lancer Evolution VI Tommy Makinen Edition, Lancer Evolution blah blah blah (do you see my point?), and so on. We don't need 20 different types of one car. Thankfully, they got rid of most of the slow, under 100hp cars from GT2. But they also took out some of the nicer cars. I hope they bring back a lot of the cars that are missing from GT3.

Polyphony says that with the colors of the car, they tried to keep it authentic and only offer colors that actually come with the car. Well they could do the same for transmissions. Say you buy a car that only comes with a manual transmission in real life, like the TVR Tuscan Speed Six. In the game, if you bought this car, you would be forced to drive a manual whenever you drive that car. That would make it more realistic. An event generator mode would be nice too, where you could customize an event, letting you choose the course(s), number of races, opponents, opponents difficulty setting, and the mods of their cars.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention damage. If they could get permission from the manufacturrs, I wouldn't want just any kind of damage. Cracked windshields, broken windshields, bent fenders, popped hoods, and all sorts of other damage models would be welcome. I'd like it to be where if your car sustains too much damage, or if your car flips, you can't complete the race. In non-endurance races, at the end of each race, you could opt to get your car repaired. If you do so, it would cost money. The amount of money it would cost would depend on the extent of the damage. You could also opt to only partially repair the car, for a reduced damage bill. If you do decide not to repair the car, the car wouldn't perform nearly as well as it would if there were no damage. Turning abilities and top speeds could be shattered. In endurance races, it would be a little different. If your car sustains damage, you could choose to pit in and have your crew repair it for you, but you would be losing precious seconds.

One other thing I would like is spins. I'd like for the AI cars to spin on their own every once in a while, but mostly I would like it to be like real life, where if you tap a carjust a little too hard, you would send that car spinning, causing a whole pileup if it happened at the front of the field. This could really be nice in endurance races, where there could be up to 10 AI cars. You could buy used cars for cheaper than their regular price, but they would already have a random number of miles on the car and there may also be a little damage to the car when you buy it.

you'd have to be able to choose what you wanted repaired. If I was driving, I think it would kick ass to have the back windshild still out, never replaced, or for convertables, if some of the chairs would actually tear out once Poly lets use do some barrel rolls...

I'd like:
- damage - sadly never going to happen, and fine, I accept that
- the ability to roll - even if you can't damage the car, you should at least be able to roll over
- now that we've seen the drivers (in the F1 cars), can we please race with the tops down in the convertibles.
- decent AI!!! Please go and play TOCA Touring Cars and see what decent racing AI is about and how a computer controlled car CAN make a clean pass, and how the AI can develop a grudge if you hit it. Also, what the story with pit strategy?!? Who pits at the start of the last lap?!? And stop the AI racing like a complete wimp
- variable weather effects
- some of the old tracks back please
- some of the old bangers back please (Toyota 2000 GT, the original Skyline GT-R and the one from the mid-80's, the first RX-7)
- more Le Mans cars - like the BMW car and the Audi from the past couple of Le Mans races
- where's my XJR15?
- where's my big limos - I miss the 7 series BMW from GT2
- pit crews and realistic pit-stops
- driver name on the rear side windows please (have a look at the Tickford Falcon)
- a proper rally section - you should have the rally of Tahiti with three different stages, not just the same over and over again, and they should be made up of six cars starting at 10-20 second staggered starts (like a real rally)
- different surfaces (like snow and mud) plus water crossings in the rallies
- rally sections should not be fenced - half the fun of computer rally games is hitting actual stuff (like trees, rocks and houses), not some clearly defined 'fence'
- some older rally cars, like the infamous Group B Audi Quattro
- points and money for pole and fastest lap
- there are two full grand prix length races at Cote d'Azur - 1 is plenty

All I can think of for the moment...

Anyone else remember the IMSA series races of the late 80s and early 90s? Those cars (particularly the Porsche 962 and Electramotive Nissan) had the biggest freakin engines, you could fit a midget into one of the blowers. I wish they would add these 900+ HP beasts into the game. They would have to get the sounds right though...

Welcome to GTPlanet Charge!!:) I hope you enjoy it as much as we all do!! :D If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them for you!!

Originally posted by vat_man
I'd like:
-now that we've seen the drivers (in the F1 cars), can we please race with the tops down in the convertibles.

Um, there is ONE Miata that does do that I think...

There ain't no way I'm reading everything that was put, so forgive me if this has already been said. The one big thing I wanna see is Chrome rims. Imagine how much better the cars would look(some of them anyway);)

No, none of the convertables in GT3 race with the tops down. Some don't even have the tops down in the garage.

It would be so easy to make the cars drive top down. I think that if Sony kept the game for another 2-4 weeks, they could have done it.

Originally posted by Saleen Man
There ain't no way I'm reading everything that was put, so forgive me if this has already been said. The one big thing I wanna see is Chrome rims. Imagine how much better the cars would look(some of them anyway);)

No - I didn't put chrome wheels in - each to their own. Not a fan.

I doubt that there is a open topped Miata in the game, but if anyone finds it let me know - I'd love to see it.

There is no open Miata that you can drive! Come on people! Everyone should know this!

The 1st gen miatas have the top down in the garage, while the RS doesn't, but the LS does.

And you all call yourselfs GT people. :rolleyes: J/K :D

Originally posted by cbarge
Anyone else remember the IMSA series races of the late 80s and early 90s? Those cars (particularly the Porsche 962 and Electramotive Nissan) had the biggest freakin engines, you could fit a midget into one of the blowers. I wish they would add these 900+ HP beasts into the game. They would have to get the sounds right though...

Ah - the heady days of Group C sports cars. How about some of the following:

- Sauber Mercedes C11 - the really good looking Silver Arrows from 1990
- Jaguar XJR9 (the Le Mans winner)
- Porsche 962
- the late 80's Nissan IMSA GTP car (don't know the model)
- the insane WM Peugeot P88 that cracked 400kmh down the Mulsanne Straight at Le Mans IN THE RACE in 1988 (I loved that team - the whole reason it existed was to crack 400kmh down the Mulsanne Straight, and when they did it early in the Sat evening of the race they packed up and went home)

Then they could do a 24 hour race! :rolleyes:

Autosaving records for tracks and cars, so you'd have "Best lap this race", "Best lap for this car" and "Best lap for this track (any car)". "Best lap this race" would be in competition with the AI, too.

Rolling please.

More interesting Rally competition. The one in GT3 was dull dull dull.

Love to see the Nations cups back from GT1. Also, more cars and stricter car categories, so there would be a race where you could only enter big saloons, for example.

Originally posted by MazKid
There is no open Miata that you can drive! Come on people! Everyone should know this!

The 1st gen miatas have the top down in the garage, while the RS doesn't, but the LS does.

And you all call yourselfs GT people. :rolleyes: J/K :D

I'll check it out once my brother gets the disk back from one of his friends. I KNOW that one of the miatas has an open top because I won it from an endurance race! What a waste of an endurance race... :mad:

Not while driving. in the garage, most of the miatas have the top down, but no car in the game drives with the top down. Come on. Are you doubting me? I'm right. I own all of the Miatas, so I would know.

Not while driving. in the garage, most of the miatas have the top down, but no car in the game drives with the top down. Come on. Are you doubting me? I'm right. I own all of the Miatas, so I would know.

What does it matter? Miatas suck anyways, who'd want to drive one, even if the roof was down?

Why do they suck? Cause you know you're wrong?

What car do you like?

IT SUCKS!!!! There, how do you like that.

You Miata haters really are stupid aren't you. You're blind to the potential of the car. You don't know how to drive it to win.

You're just too good for it aren't you?!

You're right, it sucks so bad that it's been a Car & Driver 10 best for several years, was know for reinventing the roadster, and a lot of other awards. Just shut up already. Jeeeeezzzzz!!!
:mad: :mad:

Who'd like to drive one? Me, right here, as a matter of fact, I just got done driving one before I got on the internet, and I have to say that I'm very satisfied with the way it drove, the way it looks, the performance, everything. Think before you speak.

What does it matter you say? YOU were the one that was going to see if a Miata had the top down, YOU were the one that didn't understand what I was saying about the Miata not haveing the top down while driving, and YOU were the one who said that one of the Miatas had the top down. You should have known that no cars in any of the GTs have the top down while driving.

The key denominator here=YOU

Enough said.

And, you post a poll asking iif the Miata sucks AFTER you posted here, so you must have been unsure if you should have said what you did. Actuallly, you posted at the exact same time. If you posted the poll before you posted here, you're still wrong, so far all of the votes say that it doesn't suck, which means you don't value or like other people's opinions, even though you asked for them, and chose to say something that goes against the grain just because you think you're right about this.

I want to have to go fill up on fuel - see my thread about gas/petrol - It would make for really intersting lap times as you could limit the amount of fuel you have and it would take real skill to judge it spot on so you run out of gas just after crossing the finish line !!!!!!
Rolling would be excellent too jw :D :D :D

Originally posted by jaw1
Whats with all this miata stuff?? you guys need to keep cool - Have a beer or something !! jw

I know, these people can't just say they don't like the Miata, they say it all out sucks, which is wrong.

And I'm 15, so I can't, and don't want a beer, but when I eat dinner(dang, almost 8:30 here and I still haven't eaten yet)I'll have a Barq's Rootbeer.....that stuff is good. :P

One way that they could improve the AI is to actually have them TURN THE STEERING WHEEL TO FULL PRESSURE! In GT3 when you watch a replay, turn on the little compass little thing and notice how the computer never turns at full pressure, they always just turn slightly, thus causing them to unnecessarily brake and take corners slower than they should. The computer should be a lot more aggressive as well.

Even though more than likely won't be able to include damage modeling, they could at least incorporate internal damage. If you hit a wall head-on going 120 mph, they could have it where the engine is damaged and you wouldn't be able to continue, and they wouldn't have to show any physical damage to the car either. If you get caught up in a wreck at the Test Course, the aerodynamics would be seriously affected and you wouldn't be able to go as fast as you normally would.

Like the oil change, they could do the same for brakes. Brakes eventually become worn over time, and you would have to go to a shop to get the brakes fixed. You could tell when your brakes are wearing out when you can't get slowed as fast and the brakes squeal.

Just venting anger.....it was fun. The guy hasn't posted yet though.

I mainly check out the forums over at www.bikemag.com. I havn't had a chance to look at my pole yet, I'll have to do that next.

So, um, how 'bout 'dem Bears?

Oh yeah, they should make you pay for additional tires after your set wears out. Otherwise it's not realistic at all, really. Man, I wish I only had to pay once for a set of tire:)

Back