Things I would like in the next GT

• Thread starter FuryX21
  • 47 comments
Sadly, this will never happen, for the same reasons as no damage, but I'd love to see mechanical failures (especially if you'd been naughty and been leaning on your competitors).

Nothing better than stepping on the brake pedal and nothing happening....

...or turning the wheel and nothing happening....

Tire blowouts, going down the last hill before the strait at Trial Mountain, you hit that little hill on the right side, you fly at a 45 degree angle, land on the back tire hard, and BAM!!!, your lite is shreaded, you're sliding on the rim, with sparks.

They should atleast give us bird turds and bug splats. ;) :D

I reckon fibreglass bodies would be sweet, so then you could be tearing down the strait on Test Course, go too low and get a wheel on the grass, go into an uncontrollable slide toward the high wall, slam the wall at 200+ and have the part of the body you impacted tear off at the next high speed. That would be COOL!!

Also a section of the game set aside for drift racing would be very very sweet. You could modify the car so it is consistent with real life drift racing. VERY nice.

I want there to be a difference between doing all the races in a series individually, and doing them all together.

I've just done the Pro GT World Championship in an Oreca Viper, and here are a couple things I would like fixed in GT4 based on my experiences doing this:

In a series race, I want to be able to change my oil halfway through. I was dragging the Viper round with the oil light on from like the 5th race of ten.

In a series race, the AI should learn about pit strategy. The GT-One race car always went into the lead, then pitted around halfway, and always came third. Who would be stupid enough to do this in real life? It should be that the AI players can change their pitting strategy in successive races, to optimise it over the series.

Ten laps of the Test Course: :sleep: Can't wait to do this in the Vitz races. No, really. I plan to do this while eating a meal.

And while I'm on the subject of the Test Course, I would like no races there at all, except something like "Like the Wind", which was fun. But more != better on this track!

HOLDENS!!!!!

the ablility to drive in an actual town, like driver but you had to drive to the car dealers, petrol stations, tune up joints, and that kinda ****. it would be sweet.

not really for getting cars or money, but just the performance of the game. Like saying, where the computer has different cars for races than the default ones, or if you hit a wall during a race you automatically lose. Now THOSE would be some cheats they should look into. Maybe if you could unlock them if you beat the game....:odd:

Manuel too hard?! Come on man. You can't go through racing always with an auto.....

I dont know if anyone has already mentioned this.....
but I wanna have like 20 cars running the RALLY EVENTS!

And one more thing... RALLY races in are so easy my 7 year old cousin could finish 1st almost all the time... but he can't even win 3rd in MIDFIELD...

Make the "AI" cars in RALLY more aggresive and do I have to say this... FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rally races should be stages, like the WRC. A circut rally track just isn't it.

Rally stages is a good idea, though I don't know about 20 rally cars racing at once.

BTW, I'd like to also see road race stages (more cars would work in this sitiuation). The stages would make for greater interest, and would allow the cars to tackle new geography - We need more hillclimbs! I'd love a race where you start in a small town and ascend a mountain along twisty roads- first to the top wins.

I'd also like to see another event synthesiser, where entire championships are generated, so we don't have to race a Sunday Cup on the same few tracks. These randomly generated events could constitute the 'meat' of the gameplay...

Okay I've come to the conclusion that the following is all GT4 needs to be perfect:

-Bring back Racing Modification
Okay this was the coolest feature of GT1/2 if you ask me! There was nothing better than buying the most POS car you could find, suping up the engine and putting sweet racing decals on it.

-Take out the crappy cars
Okay the Mini was sweet, Im glad for that...BUT THE VITZ?? I remember reading an interview with the creators of GT3 and they went off forever about how they were removing all the crappy cars in the game...so why are there vitzs? Leave the mini as a bonus car or something

-Extended Rally Mode
Rally mode in GT3 rocked! But it was really set up strange. For one thing it was short as hell! Also the courses should had multiple routes to avoid repetition.

-Drag Mode
Please? Please? Pretty please? Programming a drag mode wouldnt be too tricky...just take a long straight course, buy some drag tires, and go go gooooo. NOS is optional :)

-Test Drive
This would just be nice, being able to see if you actually like the car before you purchase it. Sure you can always just not save after you buy a lemon car, but it would just be fun to test it out.

-Turn off replays
Come on...they just get old!

-Repaint cars after you buy them
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

Optional Features
-Better Carreer mode
A more indepth carreer mode, much like that found in Ridge Race 4. Join a team, race for said team, etc... I dont expect this feature because it would be very hard to do, and some people might not like it. It would be fun though!

-Custom Decals
Wow this would be soooo fun! Doing a decal for your own racing team! I'd love this feature! and hey then I could finally put flames on my RUF RGT :)

-Fuel Consumption
I cant decide if I want this feature or not, but since oil consumption and tire damage became a large part of the game, perhaps this feature would make the game more realistic. Like maybe your fuel could just start full at the begining of every race automatically, but on longer races you have to refuel by pitting in.

-Fuzzy Dice
:)

-Some kind of online mode
Even if it was just a cheat-proof time trials mode or something it would be cool.

I cant think of anything else at the moment, Im sure there is more though...hehe

~Slug4prez

Back