Things we saw but didn't make it in the full game.

• Thread starter GT Sport
  • 48 comments
Greece
Earth
Dstinct_Marti
Heeello :gtplanet:,

I know it, you know it, and we all know and remember things we saw in previous versions of the game, either in the Alpha version or the BETA.

So, I'm creating this thread because I want to gather everything I can remember and maybe find the reason why some things didn't make it into the game.

• Safety car in Sport mode.
In the very first Season back at 2016, we saw a BMW Safety car ahead of all the players before the beginning of the race.

IMG_20180527_155003.png

The safety car is still visible some times in Sport Mode (most likely the AMG version) when the leaderboard shows up before the beginning of the Final.
But, it's not ahead of everyone in the Final and doesn't make the one lap thing.

• Tuned version of Mazda MX-5
Seen only in the first versions of the game, the Mazda MX-5 with a wing and white tyres didn't make it into our garages.
IMG_20180527_160613.png

• Special designed tracks for the Finals.
In the Gran Turismo Sport unveiling livestream we noticed some blue stripes on the left and right side of the track with the Playstation logo and a big blue banner ahead of the start/finish line.
IMG_20180527_161108.png
IMG_20180527_161229.png
IMG_20180527_161353.png

• Fireworks, confetti, flags and applause.
Although the following scenes are available in the opening movie of the Final game we didn't see them in any kind of race.
It would be an amazing feeling, finishing a Nations Cup race and seeing all this while crossing the finish line.
Yep, fireworks are visible when you go for the final lap in some Mission Challenges, so why not having these effects in online too?
IMG_20180527_161936.png
IMG_20180527_162003.png
IMG_20180527_162017.png

Another 2 cars which were never seen again for no reason.
hqdefault (1).jpg
35633BEC-0AE9-452E-AF28-AA3BB3BEA07B.png

Racing Etiquette was meant to have 10 challenges; not just 2 useless videos.
i183QQ9CG7dbr.jpg

• Volkswagen GTI Supersport Vision Gran Turismo Gr.B Rally Car (from @oinksnork)
Although it would be too low for an off-road car, a Gr.B version of the Volkswagen VGT was introduced. Too fast to compete with other Gr.B cars? Too low for an off-road car? Maybe that's why we didn't see it in the final game. Here it is:
GranTurismoSport-6.jpg
GranTurismoSport-7.jpg

Another great feature which we got in the BETA. No clue why it got removed.

There may be a lot more forgotten things which I may have missed.
I would really like to see if we can find more things that didn't make it in the game.
I will keep updating this thread if there's something new!

New additions.

• Sporting History.

Sporting History was an available option in the Alpha version of the game which would let you see a detailed progress of your Sport mode performance.
This option didn't make it into any open version of the game (BETA Phase 1 and 2, Demo, final game) and the only way to track your Sport mode progress today is to use a website or a mobile application.
IMG_20180801_103605.jpg

• Live speed counter.
Same as the timer above, there was also a live speedometer in the top of the car ahead of you and under their name which would let you know the speed of the car in front of you. Closing the gap between you and the car ahead (under 0.300 secs), would make the speedometer change into a live timer.
IMG_20180801_104423.jpg

• Live distance counter from the car ahead of you while racing.
As mentioned above, this time difference calculator was placed in the back of the car ahead of you and would calculate the difference between you, and the car ahead of you every second (or less).
IMG_20180801_104446.jpg

• Special tournaments for Sport mode.
Introduced in Sport mode but never see in the final version of the game.
HS6i7sg.png

Seen in the BETA phase but never into the Final game.
true.jpg

Reminds me of the GT4 version.
Polyphony_Digital_Cup.jpg

Last edited:
There definitely was fireworks in the nations cup race. I haven't done FIA races in months yet on Tokyo there was all kinds of fireworks in the last lap on the way to the finish. Unfortunately the fireworks were off in the replay.

More cars in VR

The tracks in the beginning of the video were from Driveclub gameplay.

Hmm we didn't know a lot about that too, but I think that's something similar to the Mission Challenges we already have.
It is indeed similar to gymkhana layouts from the driving school, but it's connected to the oval course. Basically an Infield+Oval open playground.

The tracks in the beginning of the video were from Driveclub gameplay.

Yeah I noticed, hence why I deleted the second video. That first trailer is no GTS VR footage either yet they talk about it like that's what it's going to be like. It's just someone moving the right thumb stick around in in car view.

• Fireworks, confetti, flags and applause.
Although the following scenes are available in the opening movie of the Final game we didn't see them in any kind of race.
It would be an amazing feeling, finishing a Nations Cup race and seeing all this while crossing the finish line.
img_20180527_162003-png.738955
img_20180527_162017-png.738956

I've seen the pit crews and flags at the end of some races, maybe only in FIA races? Not sure.

I think I've put my response in the wrong thread.

I mentioned the Official Trailer showed Multi-class racing at the Nurburgring. Another member made a point PD could just say that was the Custom Race part of the game. Thing is, what I thought was just the Audi R18 among Gr. 3 cars, there are actually two Gr.1 cars in the mix in the trailer @1:15

Also the 458 Italia GT3 had an official AF Corse livery.
Looks like It has the basic decals of the AF Corse livery, but without logos. Maybe It was never a thing in the final game due to Hublot (watch maker like TAG Heuer) being one of the main sponsors.
It's also a 2013 model, not the 2011 model we have now. What does the (S) stand for as well?
Maybe Sprint (as in higher downforce aero package vs. Endurance/LM), but it's a wild guess.

Back