Third Porsche Pack for Assetto Corsa Teased, Releases December 20 on PC

Stefano also said dont take it as official, unfortunately.

Screen Shot 2016-12-06 at 11.44.27 AM.png

By the way this is the way that rear wing works on the 908, found this on the AC forum by Gary:

"looks like rear wing angle is based on rear axle/wheel travel. Rear end goes down, the wing does down> Rear goes up, then so does the wing angle. Quite cool!"

This is the car I've been most excited for in these Porsche packs, glad to hear they have the wing working as it does in real life. I think I'll have to save this one until last, so the other cars at least get driven once. :D

This page has some more information on the history, how it works and some pictures and videos for those who are interested.

That excuse never really held water with GT, why would it with a game with less than a tenth of the number of cars (especially if we take into account the number padding done over in Lotus)?
How can you possibly accuse AC for "number padding" when speaking about Gran Turismo, the undisputed heavyweight champion of the numbers padding world? I'd bet money that if you pulled all the duplicates from GT it wouldn't be one-tenth. GT still crushes them in car count, but it's still funny to see someone accusing Kunos of padding their car count when making a comparison to Gran Turismo.

Wait until you see all the controls/button mappings for the hybrid race cars. ;)

I think a lot of you guys would be shocked to play AC on the PC, it's not that much better than what you have on consoles. The only real differences that I can tell are that you guys can't select specific grids, can't adjust track conditions, don't have as many on-screen widgets, can't map your controller buttons, and don't have access to private rooms online. Adding those things to consoles will make it slightly better but it won't turn it into some miracle sim. The PC version of AC pales in comparison to 5-10 year old PC sims. We don't have a working flag system (or animated flag men), we can't pick our liveries online for pick up races, no built in livery editor, no safety car, no reverse grids, AI gets confused by pitstops or slow cars, no spectator mode, no rolling starts, no mechanical failures, no custom championships....the list of things it's missing is longer than the list of things it has and at this point it doesn't seem like a lot of those things are going to be added. Despite all that, it can still be fun and what it does do it does fairly well.

I wrote a lengthy post about the controls for the Ferrari SF15-T just about a week ago. I can't even think of a reason besides the difficulty porting the Ferrari with all of it's crazy systems to the console. But, this is just a guess. To be honest, it's actually surprising that Kunos hasn't come out and said what the reason is. They've been very forthcoming in the past when certain delays or roadblocks have appeared.

Brandon speaks the truth in regards to the PC version versus the console version. Don't get me wrong, I would hate to lose those extra capabilities that we currently enjoy. As far as a complete racing simulator goes -- I think Assetto Corsa would be better off being referred to as a great "Driving Simulator" that includes some racing capabilities. I'm sure if Brandon spent the time he could have come up with several other things that the PC version is currently missing, hurting the racing aspect of the game. If Kunos had 5 or 6 more years of development under its belt it would probably be on a new engine that supports night/rain, have all the flags, rolling starts, etc... As long as Stefano doesn't go postal one day or just never show up for work again :lol: I think Kunos is in this for the long haul. Only time will tell.

Yes, it is pretty much the same experience. But you have full VR support on PC, which is a pretty big thing. There is also a Showroom-Feature and a Photo Mode. Both aren't great but at least they're there. I would also like to point out that you can play with more than 30 people online on PC (dont know the limit) and at least with 23 AI cars in free mode. On consoles, there are only 15 AI cars and performance sometimes struggles with this... so i prefer to play with 9 - 14 AI cars.

The bottom line is that this game is flawed in so many aspects. You named a lot of features that are missing even in the PC version. You should expect that a dedicated RACING SIMULATION features dynamic weather, safety car, rolling start etc. My experience: even the pit stops wont work properly with AI drivers (AI goes bonkers at least on PS4 with fuel consumption on).

HOWEVER. This is the game that offers you such an incredible driving experience, the AI acts more life-like that in any other sim i have played so far. I can only speak of console games but Project Cars, GT6 and Forza 6 simply can't deliver the same thrilling driving experience that AC offers. They feel a bit plain and lifeless in comparison. Despite it's missing features, everytime i do a race weekend in AC it just feels... so right. So real. That is the greatest thing about this game and that's why i will stick with it for a long time to come.

I share the same sentiments. I used to think GT6 was incredible. Actually, I do still think it does a lot of things really well. However, the actual driving of the vehicle aspect - the cars and the tracks/roads - is head and shoulders above GT6. That's just my opinion...I know a lot of people who feel the same way and i also know others who don't.

One last thing... If I'm not mistaken, didn't Stefano say that Custom Championships will be appear very soon?

I wrote a lengthy post about the controls for the Ferrari SF15-T just about a week ago. I can't even think of a reason besides the difficulty porting the Ferrari with all of it's crazy systems to the console. But, this is just a guess. To be honest, it's actually surprising that Kunos hasn't come out and said what the reason is. They've been very forthcoming in the past when certain delays or roadblocks have appeared.

One of them (maybe Stefano) made a comment some time ago that it was the SF15-T rocket ship controls that was causing some delay. It's taking them quite a while to sort that out though...

One last thing... If I'm not mistaken, didn't Stefano say that Custom Championships will be appear very soon?

Yes, he hopes to have them ready for the December update with PP3. But he also hoped the Red Pack would release to consoles between PP1 and PP2 which is now not happening, so take it as a "maybe" and not a "definite".

Back