Third Porsche Pack for Assetto Corsa Teased, Releases December 20 on PC

GTPNewsWire

Contributing Writer
United States
GTPHQ
Kunos waited PDI to drop their hype trailer and released third pack teasing. Good marketing move.👍

Kunos waited PDI to drop their hype trailer and released third pack teasing. Good marketing move.👍

I think it's less a 'marketing-move', and more just a coincidence. Kunos don't need to market Porsche, the name alone does that, especially in such a small, 'niche' hobby like sim-racing.

Kunos should give all console players a freaking break and just give us the other two packs in the next update, before PC if need be. This game has been such a hard one to stand by.. teasing is fine but this is more like trolling.

I tend to agree. It's almost as if they're shoving it under console players noses and saying "Lookie here, mmmm....more Porsches for PC, not that you'll be getting it yet"
By all means, announce release dates but leave the screenshots out. I can imagine how pissed Xbox players must be in particular..

So..... did the devs just think console players will forget about the Red Pack which we still dont have?

Kunos should give all console players a freaking break and just give us the other two packs in the next update, before PC if need be. This game has been such a hard one to stand by.. teasing is fine but this is more like trolling.

You're totally right, I'm sure all the cars and features are completely done and ready to be released but Kunos is just holding them back to be dicks to the console players. Makes total sense.

Don't you have enough cars to play with in the meantime boys? I doubt most that are complaining about being teased or having to wait another month for new content even tried all of the existing line up.
We do but we can always use mooooore.

We do but we can always use mooooore.
Yeah me too, but no reason to act all butthurt about having to wait for them whilst there are 100+ cars in your garage in the meantime, that all handle and feel pretty much like the real thing.

I tend to agree. It's almost as if they're shoving it under console players noses and saying "Lookie here, mmmm....more Porsches for PC, not that you'll be getting it yet"
By all means, announce release dates but leave the screenshots out. I can imagine how pissed Xbox players must be in particular..

No reason to treat the PC community differently because AC has joined the console world. To be honest, these PPV3 teasers do not even come across to me as something that applies more to one platform than the other. It will come eventually and it probably won't be an enduring wait now that consoles have come a long way to close the gap.

Just in time for the holidays, you got that right.:cheers:

To all console gamers, the sooner you treat yourself to a PC the sooner you get all the perks of the superior PC race. :P
If you prefer console,good for you, but for god sake stop whining.:irked:

Don't you have enough cars to play with in the meantime boys? I doubt most that are complaining about being teased or having to wait another month for new content even tried all of the existing line up.
I grew up on Gran Turismo, I'm really good at waiting. But I've never had to live with a broken, de-contented Gran Turismo while people with nice PC's went on with life playing their polished game. I totally get why console is behind and am cool with it, but the widening gap in the content and their continued console stumbles should be reflecting in how they deal with this content.

You're totally right, I'm sure all the cars and features are completely done and ready to be released but Kunos is just holding them back to be dicks to the console players. Makes total sense.
I don't doubt that all of this content is still work in progress! I'm just saying they're falling way too short on console to be maintaining course as they are. Shift resources around, prioritize console development for Gods sake, give us a break. People will be driving the 911 Cup cars before Christmas and we probably won't see a 962 until 2017 if history teaches us anything.

Particularly now that console and PC code is "aligned" with 1.09, I have trouble picturing what technical hurdles would necessitate a large gap between PC and console content release. They said as much, so hopefully we will actually get Pack 2 (and be able to use the cars...) before Christmas. Considering the console patch approval process, I could understand Pack 3 arriving early Janjuary given the Dec 20 PC release. It still burns.

That excuse never really held water with GT, why would it with a game with less than a tenth of the number of cars (especially if we take into account the number padding done over in Lotus)?

for god sake stop whining.:irked:
Easy to say when everything is rosy on your side of the tracks!

That excuse never really held water with GT, why would it with a game with less than a tenth of the number of cars (especially if we take into account the number padding done over in Lotus)?
I wouldn't even be whining at all if Pack 1 included 911 GT1, a 962, 911 GT3 RS and new mid-engine 911 cup car :sly:

Because of the quality of each car, perhaps?

Maybe.

This may come as a surprise for some though: there are people out there that aren't interested in driving every single car in Assetto Corsa, but are quite excited to drive the Porsches. Telling them they ought to drive cars they don't care about while waiting for ones they do isn't going to change that.

Remember, there have been constant comments from Kunos that the gap between consoles and PC's would be closed. Also, at the initial announcement, the first Porsche pack was earmarked for September. It barely slid in under October on PC, and just squeezed into November on PS4. Xbox players? Yeah, we're a week into December now with no release date: it's entirely possible the whole set will be out before XB1 sees even the first one.

It is not about one side being more rosy, or do you also believe the grass is greener on the other side?
It is about living with the choice that have been made, it is always a compromise, if you believe PC guy's have it so much better, what are you waiting for? Surely playing on console must have its perks as well.
When we started with AC on PC it took us almost 3 years to get the content and features that the console guys started with. I get it, you are looking for the additional content and are exited about it, but the constant complaining ( not you in particular, more like in general) is really annoying. See PC guys can be whining to, how does it feel?

Last edited:
I have trouble picturing what technical hurdles would necessitate a large gap between PC and console content release.

Wait until you see all the controls/button mappings for the hybrid race cars. ;)

I think a lot of you guys would be shocked to play AC on the PC, it's not that much better than what you have on consoles. The only real differences that I can tell are that you guys can't select specific grids, can't adjust track conditions, don't have as many on-screen widgets, can't map your controller buttons, and don't have access to private rooms online. Adding those things to consoles will make it slightly better but it won't turn it into some miracle sim. The PC version of AC pales in comparison to 5-10 year old PC sims. We don't have a working flag system (or animated flag men), we can't pick our liveries online for pick up races, no built in livery editor, no safety car, no reverse grids, AI gets confused by pitstops or slow cars, no spectator mode, no rolling starts, no mechanical failures, no custom championships....the list of things it's missing is longer than the list of things it has and at this point it doesn't seem like a lot of those things are going to be added. Despite all that, it can still be fun and what it does do it does fairly well.

Last edited:
So far I've only driven 3 of the Porsches.
I'd rather they take their time rather than giving us everything at the same time. All it would do is make me overlook some hidden gems.
This is why I'm yet to buy any of the DLC, even the cars i do drive I'm still not close to to getting them on the absolute limit or messed with tuning them.

Maybe.

This may come as a surprise for some though: there are people out there that aren't interested in driving every single car in Assetto Corsa, but are quite excited to drive the Porsches. Telling them they ought to drive cars they don't care about while waiting for ones they do isn't going to change that.
True, but wanting and expecting both Porsche packs to drop now also isn't going to change Kunos work flow and DLC schedule either . The reality is it's no biggy, we're not talking months upon months of waiting and there is nothing to do but wait and maybe try driving those cars of no interest as they may just spark an interest, as the Audi S1 did with me which i ignored for ages.

See PC guys can be whining to, how does it feel?
Honestly, considering all you've been through up til today, you have a good point. Sounds like it's been a long, hard road. I could see how my complaining would be unpalatable to you. Your grass is still greener though. Give me your grass.

Wait until you see all the controls/button mappings for the hybrid race cars. ;)
I've crashed about 6 times fiddling with the 918's couple of settings. Modern technology is the worst!

I think a lot of you guys would be shocked to play AC on the PC, it's not that much better than what you have on consoles. The only real differences that I can tell are that you guys can't select specific grids, can't adjust track conditions, don't have as many on-screen widgets, can't map your controller buttons, and don't have access to private rooms online. Adding those things to consoles will make it slightly better but it won't turn it into some miracle sim. The PC version of AC pales in comparison to 5-10 year old PC sims. We don't have a working flag system (or animated flag men), we can't pick our liveries online for pick up races, no built in livery editor, no safety car, no reverse grids, AI gets confused by pitstops or slow cars, no spectator mode, no rolling starts, no mechanical failures, no custom championships....the list of things it's missing is longer than the list of things it has and at this point it doesn't seem like a lot of those things are going to be added. Despite all that, it can still be fun and what it does do it does fairly well.
Yea, Cote Dazur's post above sorta opened my eyes to that reality - I think I discounted your suffering and overvalued your advantages as a way of rationalizing my frustration, which I don't usually have much of. I quit Facebook to eliminate the Mount Everest of negativity from my life, and it has worked, but I suppose I still need something to get pissy about and somewhere to deliver the piss. I could go cry about GT's engine sounds but that's like an entire football stadium full of people all collectively kicking a dead horse. Though the horse should be alive and well, no excuse for it to be dead at this point.

I think a lot of you guys would be shocked to play AC on the PC, it's not that much better than what you have on consoles. The only real differences that I can tell are that you guys can't select specific grids, can't adjust track conditions, don't have as many on-screen widgets, can't map your controller buttons, and don't have access to private rooms online.

Yes, it is pretty much the same experience. But you have full VR support on PC, which is a pretty big thing. There is also a Showroom-Feature and a Photo Mode. Both aren't great but at least they're there. I would also like to point out that you can play with more than 30 people online on PC (dont know the limit) and at least with 23 AI cars in free mode. On consoles, there are only 15 AI cars and performance sometimes struggles with this... so i prefer to play with 9 - 14 AI cars.

The bottom line is that this game is flawed in so many aspects. You named a lot of features that are missing even in the PC version. You should expect that a dedicated RACING SIMULATION features dynamic weather, safety car, rolling start etc. My experience: even the pit stops wont work properly with AI drivers (AI goes bonkers at least on PS4 with fuel consumption on).

HOWEVER. This is the game that offers you such an incredible driving experience, the AI acts more life-like that in any other sim i have played so far. I can only speak of console games but Project Cars, GT6 and Forza 6 simply can't deliver the same thrilling driving experience that AC offers. They feel a bit plain and lifeless in comparison. Despite it's missing features, everytime i do a race weekend in AC it just feels... so right. So real. That is the greatest thing about this game and that's why i will stick with it for a long time to come.

There is also a Showroom-Feature and a Photo Mode. Both aren't great but at least they're there.

True. But I've never once gone to the showroom and not even sure what it's for or what the appeal is. The photo mode is borderline useless and very frustrating to use, so I rarely use it.

I would also like to point out that you can play with more than 30 people online on PC (dont know the limit) and at least with 23 AI cars in free mode. On consoles, there are only 15 AI cars and performance sometimes struggles with this... so i prefer to play with 9 - 14 AI cars.

I think on most Kunos tracks the limit is 24 cars. But honestly after a lap or two you only really see about a dozen of them so it's not that big a deal. But yeah, more is always better. In my brief foray into iRacing I was in a race that had 60 cars, that was a sight to behold, but I got punted in the first turn and it broke my car so I didn't get to see much of it. :indiff:

By the way this is the way that rear wing works on the 908, found this on the AC forum by Gary:

"looks like rear wing angle is based on rear axle/wheel travel. Rear end goes down, the wing does down> Rear goes up, then so does the wing angle. Quite cool!"

So..... did the devs just think console players will forget about the Red Pack which we still dont have?
They said that the Red Pack will be released between PP1 and PP2. But dont hold your breath. Im on Xbox and we now have Porsche too

Back