This game ruined GT Sport for me

United States
United States
I’ve had a PS5 since launch, and I haven’t played a second of any racing game besides 90% ACC and 10% AC. I decided to re-download GT Sport yesterday, and I only made it 15 minutes before I deleted it. GT Sport looks way better than ACC (on console), but once you experience the physics on an AC title, it’s hard to go back. Even if GT Sport was more realistic (I know it isn’t), ACC just feels so much better that I struggled to enjoy GT Sport. I have played every GT game to death, so it’s not like I’m an AC fanboy only. I’m still looking forward to GT7, but if I could have the ACC ps5 update today, I would take that over GT7. ACC saved me thousands of dollars, since I was very close to building a gaming PC for iRacing.

Same for me. Right now there´s no going back to GTS.

Very exited for GT7 though - especially given the realistic possibility that it will be a PSVR2 title.

Also really excited for whatever the future of the AC franchise will be. I´d assume AC2 before ACC2.

Either way - exciting times to be into racing (games).

ACC on a PC is even better choice. But overall on consoles ACC shines very much. For beginners it has GT gamepad assists so you can feel advanced physics with easy GT gamepad approach - much better than GTS. I don't think GT7 can offer anything against it in terms of driving.

And I agree with good racing times. It's like living a dream :D

Last edited:
I know exactly what you mean OP.
Played a lot of GT Sport (and previous GT games), and then I made the 'mistake' of playing ACC once :D
Haven't touched GT Sport since.
Just like you I play on console (PS4 Pro at the moment, waiting for PS5 to be available in stores) so I'm not getting the
full experience like on pc but it sure is a lot of fun! I did however, upgrade my rig and racing equipment for this
game (Playseat+T500 RS > SimLab+Fanatec FormulaV2+V3pedals). As for now I don't see myself going back to GT
anytime soon. Heck, I'm not even sure about buying GT7.
This game has ruined Gran Turismo for me as well I guess :sly:

Last edited:
Like I have said before we all want a sim that has the Physics of AC/ACC, the Sound FX and variety of cars and tracks of PCARS 1/2/3 and the graphics, smoothness and online of GTS.

So what do we have now? ACC with superb physics, clunky graphics and a game that has more crashes than a demolition derby, PCARS 3 that is just a joke and GTS that is to sim racing that McDonalds is to fine dining >:-(

Like I have said before we all want a sim that has the Physics of AC/ACC, the Sound FX and variety of cars and tracks of PCARS 1/2/3 and the graphics, smoothness and online of GTS.

So what do we have now? ACC with superb physics, clunky graphics and a game that has more crashes than a demolition derby, PCARS 3 that is just a joke and GTS that is to sim racing that McDonalds is to fine dining >:-(
Not sure what you mean about ACC having more crashes than a demolition derby? In my experience, the AI drives perfectly every lap, and rarely if ever even try to pass anyone but the player themselves.

He's referring to game crashes, not ingame car crashes.

Yep, what he said ;-)

It is a shame that when you finish a career there is no final pic of your car and team because I would have loved to have posted it. My team was called 'Far Q D3T". I feel a special animosity towards these people and there extremely poor porting job of ACC >:-(

Why would you want the sound FX from pcars when nothing comes close to ACC sounds ( other than Race room )?

Why would you want the sound FX from pcars when nothing comes close to ACC sounds ( other than Race room )?

All my comments relate to PS4 and IMHO Pcars has a slight edge over ACC. And if that is the only point you will pick me on I must be pretty close to the mark ;-)

All my comments relate to PS4 and IMHO Pcars has a slight edge over ACC. And if that is the only point you will pick me on I must be pretty close to the mark ;-)
Well I cant pick you on variety of tracks and cars because that's an undeniable fact ( quality though is another matter ). The sound FX however , pcars not even in the same ballpark.

Last edited:
If you get AC on PC, it's basically GT/Forza car/track list + 90% of ACC physics ;)

GT games always have a special place in my heart though. The menu atmosphere and presentation isn't something you can get anywhere else. Also the format of the online championship is just so easy to dive into, without all the $$$ required for iRacing.

Jumping on this bandwagon. I've been a very loyal fan to Polyphony and the Gran Turismo series of games since GT3 but as GTS gets a little older and the dailies don't appeal to me as much, I've been doing a bit of ACC (PS4) and, man.... What a refreshing look at what a more accurate sim based on a real life series can be!

For a long time I only had a Thrustmaster T80. That was fine and I loved it for playing GTS but that wheel isn't compatible with ACC. Last month I got a Thrustmaster T300 and finally got to be able to properly dive into ACC.

GTS is great for so many reasons but ACC is fantastic! I've only been playing ACC for about 3 weeks and it's blown me away! The tracks are very accurately reproduced. The sounds are fantastic! The AI is actually competitive (or not... It's adjustable... from way slow to pretty dang fast. Why hasn't an AI with adjustable skill and aggressivness happened in GT is beyond me... I digress)

Now I know I have a Corvette in my Avatar but I'm a HUGE Porsche nerd and being able to drive a proper 911 GT3R in races is a thrill for me. Pretty safe to say I'll never race one in real life but driving one in ACC is so fun!

Downloaded the GT4 pack yesterday and that has a lot of fun cars too. That Camaro! Sounds so awesome! I've seen that car race quite a few times in the World Challenge series for Blackdog Speed Shop and for as beastly as it sounds in real life, I think they did a great job replicating that sound in the game. I can say that for all the cars while driving them. The replay audio isn't that great but the in car sounds are very immersive.

I'm really looking forward to doing a lot more racing on ACC!

I played ACC today for the first time. I’ve been a Gran Turismo fan since day 1 and have been playing GT Sport on my PS5, but this is my first taste of any of the genuine sim racers.

I can already feel a difference compared to GT Sport. I’ve literally only played the practice session on the Nurburgring so far, but man was it satisfying to play. I’m absolutely itching to play more.

My concern is that I literally bought my PS5 for Gran Turismo! If I develop a taste for ACC and stick with it, it could mean the PS5 was a bit of a waste!

I played ACC today for the first time. I’ve been a Gran Turismo fan since day 1 and have been playing GT Sport on my PS5, but this is my first taste of any of the genuine sim racers.

I can already feel a difference compared to GT Sport. I’ve literally only played the practice session on the Nurburgring so far, but man was it satisfying to play. I’m absolutely itching to play more.

My concern is that I literally bought my PS5 for Gran Turismo! If I develop a taste for ACC and stick with it, it could mean the PS5 was a bit of a waste!
Not at all! ACC sucks on ps4 (I had it before I got my ps5)

Many people here thought how consoles are cool until they tried PC sim racing :D Few months ago I loved GTS because of many good stuff there. Currently I don't think I need it to play day 1. Probably don't need it at all. But we'll see what Kaz brings in 2025.

So glad I’m not alone. :)

GTS is not ruined for me, but I have to admit, since I’ve been driving ACC for the first time on my PS5, 3 weeks ago, I played GTS just one more time, then deinstalled it.

Already ACC teached me so much about driving, got me so immersed and hooked to wanting to know more...! It’s unreal.
Consider me infected to Sim Racing. :D

Looking forward to the PS5 version!

Last edited:
AC/ACC didn't ruin GTsport or the GT series for me, GT5/6 and PDI did. It doesnt have to have super realistic physics, just be enjoyable.i played the crap out of GT4 while I had GTR2 which was superior on various aspects.
If you get AC on PC, it's basically GT/Forza car/track list + 90% of ACC physics ;)

GT games always have a special place in my heart though. The menu atmosphere and presentation isn't something you can get anywhere else. Also the format of the online championship is just so easy to dive into, without all the $$$ required for iRacing.
PDI should do a pro version and team up with kunos. Let Kunos handle all non visual aspects, except the track mesh, who wants glass smooth surfaces with realistic physics? Though I dont see that benefit Kunos if they had an AC2 on the horizon.

Not at all as ACC is coming out on PS5 and will surely be better.

Oh yeah the PS5 patch will be a big enhancement I’m sure. What I meant was that GT7 was ultimately why I picked PS5 over Xbox, or over upgrading my PC, so I could have got another machine instead if I end up preferring Assetto Corsa more - what with ACC being available on all 3.

It’s a bit of a non-issue though. There are aspects of GT that I still enjoy and I’m really looking forward to GT7. The actual on track experience in ACC though is just superb.

Last edited:
GT Sport has the community, weekly races, and FIA Nations and Manufacturer's Cup races...that's it. The visuals are amazing, replays are fun to watch, but the gameplay is too arcade like for me. GT is what made me get a PS1 and I've played every title. It doesn't compare to either PCars2 or ACC....they're just superior in being an actual sim racer. It's the closest you'll come to a PC Sim racer :)

It hurts me to think I actually dislike GT Sport

On with Pcars2 and ACC leagues I go :)

GT Sport has the community, weekly races, and FIA Nations and Manufacturer's Cup races...that's it. The visuals are amazing, replays are fun to watch, but the gameplay is too arcade like for me. GT is what made me get a PS1 and I've played every title. It doesn't compare to either PCars2 or ACC....they're just superior in being an actual sim racer. It's the closest you'll come to a PC Sim racer :)

It hurts me to think I actually dislike GT Sport

On with Pcars2 and ACC leagues I go :)

I’ve never played Project Cars 2. Where does it sit in terms of GT Sport and ACC?

Like I said above, the ACC driving experience is just extraordinary. I can’t believe how much more visceral, engaging and exciting it is to simply drive. I’ve put about 20 hours into ACC so far and I haven’t done anything other than drive around the Nurburgring and Monza yet just getting a feel for the cars and trying to nail laps.

Is Project Cars 2 similar to ACC then in terms of being more of a sim than GT?

Really? I find the track surface way more detailed in ACC whereas it feels very smooth and featureless in GTS
Yea that's exactly what I meant. Let Kunos handle all non visuals, except the the visuals between the white lines and the physical data. I should have explained it better initially.

Is Project Cars 2 similar to ACC then in terms of being more of a sim than GT?
PC2 is great game. It's not ACC at all but it's different and if you can't play AMS2, PC2 is very good choice. Some people say PC is arcade physics but it's their problem. It's very interesting physics. I like PC1 more because of gamepad controls but PC2 should have improved physics. I haven't played GTS on a wheel but my guess is PC2 is more fun to drive.

Back