This game sux. graphics fugly

• Thread starter Bushido007
  • 48 comments
Netherlands
The Hague
BigVinZ007
Honestly, got it for ps3 so I could go online.
It looks worse than my 2010 xbox version.

I'm talking real bad, like ps2 to hd updated graphics.
Some of the menus improved but the entire experience like interviews: are even worse or exactly the same.

I'm a big fan of F1 but this feels a quick cash in.
Could anyone clarify if 2010 on the ps3 looked just as bad, I'd like to know if they lazy this year or its a 360 ps3 thing.

I have F1 2010 on the PS3. Whilst not a good visually as Xbox, it is better than 2011 PS3 from what I've read.

People have complained about it going backwards visually forwards physics wise.

Can't really understand CM. They done an acceptable version once.

this game is more technical with the tire wear, kers, drs, etc then F1 2010. but the graphic are ok but it is an improvement

You are correct about the decline in PS3 graphic quality for F1 2011 from the first game! My friend ran F1 2010 and F1 2011 on his PS3 and the 2010 version does have better and sharper graphics!

I was going to buy F1 2011, but I have changed my mind.
:yuck:

the gameplay is the best considering F1 cars, newest collection, very nice tracks, but yah the graphics suck, gameplay is what matters to me, but still it won't take my time like gt5

Firstly, may I remind the op to read the AUP. Any moderator can point you in the right direction.

Secondly, The graphics may be slightly worse, but the game is far better. There's more to life than graphics.

So, wait a minute...this game "sucks" because of the GFX?

Right, you'll miss out on great games because their gfx "sucks. :P

So, wait a minute...this game "sucks" because of the GFX?

Right, you'll miss out on great games because their gfx "sucks. :P

Agreed, Grand Prix Legends... Viper Racing... Any old Gran Turismo...

All excellent games (Especially GPL) and bad graphics.

be happy they didn't make good graphics...

they're already at the lim it of the ps3. if they made good graphics the game will froze the whole time, and your ps3 wouldn't work normal if you play the game...

please stop with "this game sucks" you are all playing it and you have fun otherwise you aren't playing it...

Gt5 has very good graphics, but a very worse AI level, if they made both, it wouldn't work well...

Agreed, Grand Prix Legends... Viper Racing... Any old Gran Turismo...

All excellent games (Especially GPL) and bad graphics.

Racing Simulation 2 - the GFX were godlike back then.

Foto+Monaco+Grand+Prix+Racing+Simulation+2.jpg

13712.jpg

I think the game is amazing

the graphics I think is 6.5/10

the cars 8/10

the new menu is 3/10 it was so much better in f1 2010

this is wat i think and the SC isn't in F1 2010

Yes, the ps3 graphics are less than stellar for sure. I feel in a racing game/sim that the gameplay is what matter most. F1 2011 has pretty darn good gameplay. Graphics are a bonus in my opinion.

All games has a downside, no games is going to be perfect, I enjoy this game allot it is the best cm has made (I think it is) you can say the game suck but that is not true

I think the graphics in this title have been simplified rather than worse. Last year's game had some really weird lighting and filters that made it look very unrealistic.

Personally I think F1 2011 looks better, maybe it's a PC thing.

I can accept a lower detail IF the frame rate doesn't suffer. I've heard this F1 2011 has some bad frame rate issues, so my question is how can it be a good game without a good frame rate?

Yep, I'm only talking about PS3 version.

This is the only F1 game I have played for about 3 hours tops and then put down. I hate to say it but I couldnt get over the poor fps, lack of AA and pixelated graphics. Really poor compared to Xbox

Good graphics dont necessarily make for a good game, so then the opposite is also true.

However, honestly, deep down, in my totally unbiased opinion, being an F1 fan, having played the initial launch title years ago, and also having just recently started to play GT5, i was genuinley dissapointed in F1 2011 when i fired it up. It really is terrible. I'm sure F1 Championship Edition was far slicker than this, and just as enjoyable. This is all on the PS3 by the way.

Even with an appreciation that poor graphics dont necessarily make for a poor game, i was just completely distracted by how poor this game's visuals are. I just couldn't help but feel short changed. The actual game felt far more challenging initially than say GT5 did and i'm sure if your willing to overlook the graphics it should be immense, but come on, is the argument really true that the sacrifice for having slightly better AI is downgraded graphics. I'm not totally sure thats true. And anyway, in this modern era of gaming, should we be exected to overlook shoddy graphics, especially from this publisher, developer and franchise? It's not as if its their first go at it. i really dont think so.

I'm going to give it a few more goes and if it doesn't suck me in, it's going back.

F1:CE was were it ended for me, that was an excellent title and being developed in house they knew how to get the most out of the PS3. Codemasters handing of the franchise has been pretty meh, everything is average. Year on year titles means its, for the most part, a reprint with different liveries.

thats why i play on PC..the graphics look just so AMAZING and everything looks just so nice:tup:

^^This^^

What do you expect out of the dinosaurs we have for consoles. You play games on a console, you run sims on a PC.

Graphics were a lot better in 2010. F1 2011 should have just been 2010 with updated teams and rosters and tracks. DRS and KERS were great too but they messed with it too much. THe only changes I'd Keep are DRS KERS Safety Car Teams and Tracks. They should have made like a $19.99 DLC update.

^^This^^

What do you expect out of the dinosaurs we have for consoles. You play games on a console, you run sims on a PC.

I just bought it for PC and the game is a whole new experience. With the improved graphics and ability to mod the game, it's the best F1 gaming experience I've had. Currently using mods for: realistic visual tire wear, realistic cockpit view, realistic damage, and all 2011 driver helmets. Still waiting for a realistic look to apex mod. There are a couple out there now, but they're too dramatic, imo.

Graphics were a lot better in 2010. F1 2011 should have just been 2010 with updated teams and rosters and tracks. DRS and KERS were great too but they messed with it too much. THe only changes I'd Keep are DRS KERS Safety Car Teams and Tracks. They should have made like a $19.99 DLC update.

Like any game that comes out every year. And maybe we just should have gotten DLC for Safety Car and Bahrein 2009/India 2011

Have CM even said explicitly that the graphics are going to be improved on the PS3 version? All I read was that there would be improved 'performance' and framerate. I'll be gutted if the don't sort the graphics out.

Have CM even said explicitly that the graphics are going to be improved on the PS3 version? All I read was that there would be improved 'performance' and framerate. I'll be gutted if the don't sort the graphics out.

In a way yes as they said they will for all platforms. I care more about the frame rate though personally. After playing GT5 at 60FPS, first impressions were awful of F1 2011 frame rate but as I get used to it, it is becoming more tolerable. The update hopefully will make it much better all round.

See here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=230603

or

here:

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2011-general-discussion-1403/472966-patch-status-thread-updated-02-11-11-a.html

What worries me is this part:

Fixed an issue where in career where the "on the bounce" achievement was awarded after 11 race wins instead of 9.

There is nothing wrong with it after getting the trophy yesterday and it happens on the 10th win as expected, not the 9th or 11th they think it should happen or is happening on retrospectively. Hopefully the lack of care is not gone to other parts of the update.

Yes , ps3 version looks bad compared to last year´s version , but my problem with this game it´s the framerate ...really awfull.
I think it never hits 30 fps , always 20/25 or even less in tracks like Monaco .

I've enjoyed F12010 for the PS3 - nice car control (G27) and some good AI racing (except Spain) but the framerate slowdowns are very annoying - Monaco is boarder line unplayable particularly sector 3 when racing. The PC version is buggy - I cannot get more than 30fps and a lag between steering wheel and onscreen action despite tuning the game - which is a fault that random people seem to have (others can have it maxxed out and its awesome.)

I prefer playability over GFX.

How is Monaco in F1 2011 (PS3)?

Been playing both 2010 and 2011 on PS3 for some time now. Both are decent games in there own perspective but they both have major flaws.

Preface - I was really excited when I heard in 2009 that Codemasters had picked up the F1 game license. I had been playing ToCa 3 in the past and was in love with it. So I thought this was a match made in heaven. So here's my thoughts.

2010 - The first thing that I noticed about this game was that the graphics really impressed me. But I was quickly turned off by how bad the physics were (was really disappointed because that was ToCa's strongpoint IMO). Certain things stood out to me, like how you spin if you knick a curb or trail brake. Made me really mad because I know that this should not be. Still a fun game despite that though.

2011 - honestly this game is pathetic in my opinion. Graphics are a joke. Physics got even worse in my opinion. Just makes me thinks that they didn't really care about this game at all.

In sum. I love complete games. But most important to me is physics. And both of these games fail. In fact. Even most sims fail when it comes to F1. But it's good compared to most.

Back