This is Audi's New Vision Gran Turismo Car (And Yes, It's Actually Real)

Love driving the two versions of this car. The all electric is so smooth and a bit strange under braking as it all goes very quiet. The hybrid has some serious grunt pulling it out of tight corners and chicanes, you feel like you are only just holding onto it. For me, at the moment, these are the two most interesting cars to drive in GTS. A glimpse at the not too distant future I think.

CJ

Wow, really nice, almost as good looking as the 90, but oh well, literally nothing can beat that. The only thing what is a bit weird is...
A182650_large.jpg

images

Finally Polyphony is realizing that puttong everything in Gr.X isn't a good decision. At least they made a Gr.1 one.

I like it because it's real unlike most vison gt cars but I would like more real cars or just some strange 80s concept cars.

So will the "NO FAKE CARZ" crowd be driving this one since there's an actual physical car or will they find something else to complain about? :crazy:

I'm glad there's another manufacturer that is using Kaz's VGT program as he envisioned it...or at least how I think he did. It may be a less efficient form of R&D what with all the computer modelling for everything nowadays but some of us still like to see the off-the-wall concept cars like you used to see back in the 50s and 60s. For the most part all we get are pre-production models or "sport concepts" with fiberglass bits bolted on and different wheels and colors.

So will the "NO FAKE CARZ" crowd be driving this one since there's an actual physical car or will they find something else to complain about? :crazy:

I'm glad there's another manufacturer that is using Kaz's VGT program as he envisioned it...or at least how I think he did. It may be a less efficient form of R&D what with all the computer modelling for everything nowadays but some of us still like to see the off-the-wall concept cars like you used to see back in the 50s and 60s. For the most part all we get are pre-production models or "sport concepts" with fiberglass bits bolted on and different wheels and colors.

Yeah, and with a 4-5 year development period, you know Audi were taking it seriously so it's a positive reflection on PD that Audi agreed for this project to be part of the VGT program. I doubt it's going to be one of my favourites, but a worthy addition nonetheless. In fact, VWAG have done a pretty good job with diving into this, they the VGT GTi Roadster having a real-world counterpart (albeit a mock-up for the VW fan event), the Bugatti VGT basically showing the world the Chiron - which is quite a big deal really - and now a real racing concept from Audi.

Just a question for Kaz?? What is next after this update? are we getting another monthly update Kaz? can you please at least let us know that we are and what is the future of this game? Have you thought on how to boost your sales in this game? there is a lot of people that haven't bought this game because they are waiting for more cars, we need Hondas and classic JDMs. also a Mustang 5.0 Fox, and for sure a GNX, you know the all time muscles....We don't have a Nissan Silvia or a 300zx Twin Turbo, common Kaz...

Kaz is not, in fact, very common at all!

The car wishlist section is this way. 👍

Can somebody explain this a bit better for me? I think I get it but I'm wading through PR-speak here.

The chunk of bodywork filling the grille will be a body-coloured stand-out for e-tron models. I suppose it makes sense; even the current giant grilles are largely blanked off underneath, so an e-tron would need even less air flow.

This isn't the official GT forum, Kaz (probably) doesn't look here.

He does (as do plenty of other PD employees). :)

Love how this things drives and sounds, the hybrid version that is.

That said, the exhaust positioning doesn’t make sense to me considering the engine is in the rear?

I just had a custom race with the e-tron against the AI on Blue Moon Bay Speedway with 10 time fuel consumption. After a couple rounds my battery was low so i went to the box. but.... nothing happend there. i had to finish my race with 85 km/h. there is a little display in the cockpit view that shows the battery charge (see screenshot) but there is no notification that you are running out of "fuel" or battery.

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180409180801.jpg

I just had a custom race with the e-tron against the AI on Blue Moon Bay Speedway with 10 time fuel consumption. After a couple rounds my battery was low so i went to the box. but.... nothing happend there. i had to finish my race with 85 km/h. there is a little display in the cockpit view that shows the battery charge (see screenshot) but there is no notification that you are running out of "fuel" or battery.

View attachment 728765
No recharge for electric. Did the same with the Chapparal, after awhile the AI just kept cycling through the pits

Not to brag buuuuut:

There's all your real Audis. Ironically as this will be the 4th VGT from a VAG Brand, it will more then likely of course be a "Real Audi" itself ;)

Just sayin..

Anyways, cool stuff. Will get on it once I am Home.

The VGT Gr1 is a Rear wheel drive and not a 4WD . The typical 4WD front and rear fully custom differential is useless.
This VGT Gr1 have a very bad base tune.

Otherwise, the E Tron model , 4WD (33% front 66% rear propulsion) and 50% 50% weight repartition is perfectly balanced and is a promess of hard fun racing sessions for sure.

This will be all over automotive news and even print magazines... only Polyphony is capable of such deals. Perfect example why Vision GT is important.

Digital, absolutely. Print? It might get a quick side-bar or something along those lines. Previous Vision GT projects typically didn't get a ton of real estate in physical form, outside of the honestly-guys-it's-not-the-Chiron-no-really Bugatti.

Didn't expect them to build a runner. Or the hybrid version which is apparently a Group 1.

Back