This is the new Audi A6 E-tron concept - Love it or Hate it?

• Thread starter ZEE
  • 24 comments

Do oyu liek the Audi A6 E-tron concept?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZEE

United Kingdom
Nurburgring, Germany
Hey all, here is the new Audi A6 e-tron concept

What do you think of its overall design and ideas, apparently there is some fancy trickery in the headlights too!

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/electric/audi-a6-e-tron-concept

s21studio51006-2.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't really look like an Audi to me...it doesn't have the kind of solidity I associate with Audi. I think it's the edges of the panels. Audi always seems to articulate panel edges in such a way that they look really thick. Then add generally masculine/boxy shapes and linear (rather than swoopy/organic) surface detailing, and you get cars that look really heavy. That concept looks paper thin by comparison. I don't buy it as an Audi.

Definitely doesn't look like an Audi in any way. If that was a Japanese or Korean brand car for the US market, I wouldn't argue.

Bigger mirrors, smaller wheels, wider shutlines, less fussy sill detailing, perhaps some door handles and marginally toned down front and rear lights and this is basically the E-tron version of the next production A6.

I hate the exterior design. It's much too curvy and fluid to be an Audi. German cars, especially Audi, are supposed to be geometric and bland, flat and horizontal with a domed greenhouse, that's just the way it's supposed to be and that's what I like and expect. The design of this thing looks Korean and basically unrecognizable as an Audi.

500362.jpg

2013-audi-a8-l-hybrid_100386341_h.jpg

018561_2010_Audi_A8.jpg

These are Audis. This thing they just came up with is not an Audi. And speaking of Audi concepts, these are also clearly Audis:

2000-audi-rosemeyer-concept.jpg

2001-audi-avantissimo-concept.jpg

audi-nuvolari-quattro.jpg

Hey look at this Audi design that really combined traditional Audi sedan design cues with the sporty features of the TT and also the classic race car features of the Rosemeyer concept:

audi-le-mans-quattro-wallpaper-hd-87592.jpg

It's pretty wild to me how Audi concept and street cars have been recognizable and attractive for 20+ years now and then one day they decide to draw a Kia. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

The key features that belong on an Audi are a lot of horizontal body lines, horizontal and stacked grille/headlight/tail light features, a long continuous horizontal shoulder line that curves around the wheel wells, no fender bulges except used sparingly on sports cars and race cars with very low bodies, and a smooth continuous greenhouse arc with an equal continuous side glass profile with a flat bottom edge and sharp points at the front and rear. It literally takes five minutes to draw an "Audi". There is no need for fluid curves or wavy body panels or anything like that. Just draw a damn Audi, give it graphically interesting headlights, and sell it.

Last edited:
Looks pretty sleek, only issue is the strangely tall front end, but if the production model has bigger headlights, that should be remedied easily.

I will say the next A6 has potential to look far more appealing as a wagon if it turns out like the render in this video:

The whole thing looks bland with a few "future bits" sprinkled on for flair, but that back end just looks ugly. That rear quarter view might be the least appealing angle I've seen on an Audi in a long time, mostly because of the Pep Boys LED strip they slapped across the back of it.

I like electric cars for at least one important thing and that's that there is no local air pollution when such a car is driving. And the performance of course. But, even though electric cars almost look the same as their ICE counterparts, I don't like where the design is going (except for a few exceptions).

Really digging what Kia is up to these days. I thought the Stinger was nice but I didn't expect a full wagon!

The sedan was already stunning, but the avant is sensationally gorgeous, it’s simply out of this world pretty :drool:

Can’t wait for the next RS6, Audi is so far ahead of the rest of the Germans when it comes to beauty and design.

I see lots of huyndai in it actually… that front end gives me Kona vibes…

German automakers continue to raise the bar of how low the bar can be set, For me at least. Interesting to see how split the opinion is… :lol:

Last edited:
I am so confused, how in the hell does this masterpiece look anything like a Hyundai or a Kia, are some of y’all completely blind :confused:

Hyundai and Kia make some great looking cars, don’t get me wrong, but I just don’t see the similarities that some are talking about :confused:

Looks tidy. Hopefully the battery tech will make it a serious alternative to the EQE and upcoming i5.

This is not an official Audi concept, it's an artist's creation, but this is definitely what a modern Audi should look like.

While I didnt accept the Kia comparison with the A6 Avant - that is wayy too Genesis for me. Slap a Genesis badge on it and i'd believe it
Yeah this is a lot more Genesis than Audi to me. Too bling for Audi which has always been fairly reserved/Teutonic.

I don't love the new A6 E-tron design, but I don't think it looks particularly Korean. It just looks generic automotive design school thesis project. Could be almost any European brand - more French than German, IMO.

The car posted in the OP just looks like a tuned up and somewhat larger A5 Sportback to me. So, no surprises in the design department. Very typical contemporary Audi styling if a bit too agressive and sporty in this case.

Anyway, no hopes for a decent range with these EVs. German car makers really need to step it up if we want to make the transition happen. My next car is likely going to be an Audi .... and definitely no EV (yet). :D

Last edited:
Back