This looks better than GT Sport, but I don't want it to be, is it?

• Thread starter SeerreuS
  • 160 comments
United States
Maumee OH
I been a fan of GT my whole life. For the last week I've listened to people tell me how great cars 2 is and how the physics are far superior to GT Sport. If this is true I want to buy cars 2, but only if it is ground breaking and ahead of its time. Is it worth switching?

If you're going for multiplayer: buy GT Sport

If you're going for just physics: buy Assetto Corsa

If you're going for offline singleplayer: forget the PS4 all-together

If you're going for the most amount of content: buy Project CARS 2

Personally, I'd give all of them a shot. I play GT Sport and Project CARS 2.

you don't have to follow any of those, just my opinion.

As an old GranTuismo fan, I'm almost sad to let you know the truth. Project Cars 2 is far superior in handling and physics. Especially if you own a wheel. I even struggle to play GTSport now, because there's so much feedback missing. I just don't get a good sense of when the car's on the edge of traction in GTSport. Not that I'm the fastest kid on the block, but I much prefer the driving experience in Project Cars 2.

Assetto Corsa may be a bit better in feedback, but only slightly - barely even. But PCars 2 has sooo much more content. Definitely worth trying PCars 2, I don't think you'll be disappointed. However, there are still a few bugs to be corrected on the PS4 version. But GTSport is also dealing with its share of bugs too.

Last edited:
If you're going for multiplayer: buy GT Sport

If you're going for just physics: buy Assetto Corsa

If you're going for offline singleplayer: forget the PS4 all-together

If you're going for the most amount of content: buy Project CARS 2

Personally, I'd give all of them a shot. I play GT Sport and Project CARS 2.

you don't have to follow any of those, just my opinion.
I'm playing gt sport, not sure if I can play both. I know that sounds silly, but I want to compete and dedicate what little time I have to one racing title. With that said I think I'm going to give it a try as it just looks to good. I'll never know unless I try it myself. Im just trying to find who is on the right path to perfection in sim racing without buying a pc. ty

As an old GranTuismo fan, I'm almost sad to let you know the truth. Project Cars 2 is far superior in handling and physics. Especially if you own a wheel. I even struggle to play GTSport now, because there's so much feedback missing. I just don't get a good sense of when the car's on the edge of traction in GTSport. Not that I'm the fastest kid on the block, but I much prefer the driving experience in Project Cars 2.

Assetto Corsa may be a bit better in feedback, but only slightly - barely even. But PCars 2 has sooo much more content. Definitely worth trying PCars 2, I don't think you'll be disappointed. However, there are still a few bugs to be corrected on the PS4 version. But GTSport is also dealing with its share of bugs too.
You sold me, I can feel your pain, lol. I got the t gt wheel specifically for gt sport but I will enjoy it with pc2 also, thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

This sums it up.
I bought GT Sport, played it for a few days then sold it back to Gamestop for $25.
I was honestly utterly disappointed.
My love affair with Assetto will continue, but Project Cars 2 is my go to daily sim.

XXI
This sums it up.
I bought GT Sport, played it for a few days then sold it back to Gamestop for $25.
I was honestly utterly disappointed.
My love affair with Assetto will continue, but Project Cars 2 is my go to daily sim.

I totally agree, same feelings for me too, I played with all GT versions but now GTSport compared to Project Cars 2 I give the feeling of a flat guide, much more gratifying the guide to Project Cars 2 for me, GTSport I put it on the shelf and I think it will take a lot of dust-

FFB in GT Sport is so numb...really pales in comparison to PC2 and can make the game a bit dull. AC still pips it though but the content on offer in PC2 is second to none.

I been a fan of GT my whole life. For the last week I've listened to people tell me how great cars 2 is and how the physics are far superior to GT Sport. If this is true I want to buy cars 2, but only if it is ground breaking and ahead of its time. Is it worth switching?
It's not like you're divorcing your wife or something. It's fine to enjoy multiple titles. ;)

If you wanna have some easy to go, fun experience after a day of work, buy GT
If you wanna get really fustrated because all the thing you have too account when going to the track buy PC2.
If you want realism pick 2, if you don't pick 1? :lol: Don't think that's representative for either title. Also, if the realism of managing tires, etc. is too much for you, it's perfectly fine to just turn off tire wear and/or damage. ;) After that you can just mistreat the car and tires as much as you want. :P

AC, rFactor2, iRacing, R3E, GTS, Forza, pCars2, all are great racing simulator games and all have some flaw but in the end all are playable. Recommend this or that game is easy the question is:
"will you have the same feelings that I have for the pcars2 game?"
Just trying to find out, good luck.

Have to really disagree with that one. Many PC sims have very little in the way of offline single player other than setting up a random one-off race. rF2, AMS, and R3E have no career mode whatsoever and while AC technically has one it's pretty pointless.
Yep.

If you want an off-line career mode then Forza or PC are pretty much your best bet.

Yep.

If you want an off-line career mode then Forza or PC are pretty much your best bet.

I hear F1 2017 has a pretty awesome career mode too. It's available on PC too, of course, forgot about that one. And the Dirt rally games I think have decent career modes too. But of the PC-only sims, yeah, no career mode to speak of (and not much community for online racing either).

I hear F1 2017 has a pretty awesome career mode too. It's available on PC too, of course, forgot about that one. And the Dirt rally games I think have decent career modes too. But of the PC-only sims, yeah, no career mode to speak of (and not much community for online racing either).
I forgot about F1, quite right.

In regard to rally, Dirt Rally has a very small single player, Dirt 4 is better in that regard, Seb Loeb Rally and WRC 7 both also have a significant off-line as well.

If you want realism pick 2, if you don't pick 1? :lol: Don't think that's representative for either title. Also, if the realism of managing tires, etc. is too much for you, it's perfectly fine to just turn off tire wear and/or damage. ;) After that you can just mistreat the car and tires as much as you want. :P
I wasn´t complaining. I race with all the realism I can get, tires, fuel, wheather, you name it. Do you agree with me if i say that Gt is a more user friendly game than PC2? what i was trying to say was that PC2 is a deeper experience in terms of simulation, that sometimes can be a litle fustrating mainly because of the game state atm.

Do you agree with me if i say that Gt is a more user friendly game than PC2?
Yes, absolutely. 👍 Some tutorial mode or manuals would be nice for PC2 (esp. on strategy, tires, tuning, etc.). But I guess it's up to the community to make those. ;)

Wow, that actually looks almost like an actual manual, at least at a quick flip through a couple pages. The Options page even explained what most of the options do, shocking. Much better than that thing that shouldn't have even been called a manual for PC1.

According to the user reviews on Amazon UK, they're both as bad as each other & get only 2.5 stars each. After playing the GTS beta & demo, & seeing P CARS 2 round a mates house, I've decided to buy neither.

Wow, that actually looks almost like an actual manual

Nah, this looks like a proper manual. :cool: :D

IMG_0144.jpg
IMG_0145.jpg

Hmmm. I do race in real life and also think that Project Cars 2 is the most realistic of the games that I have played (Project Cars 1, Gran Turismo 1 through 6, Assetta Corsa, Forza 5 & 6 and iRacing). Pure video gamers may hate PC2 because you need to be more precice with car placement, just like you do in real life. You cannot simply throw the car into the corner, turn the wheel and speed through because you were close enough.

Just think, a couple of years ago, people in this forum accused me of being a GT Fan Boy.

Back