This price is too good to be true

  • Thread starter Thread starter SkierPS3
  • 37 comments
  • 2,387 views
As you perfectly said yourself, this is too good to be true. WAY too good. The advertiser is probably phishing for sensitive data, and that is definitely a fake ad. No doubt about it.

Apparently it's a phenomenon:
Story on Jalopnik
 
Two words: Maintenance costs. If you want a car you can realistically live with, you have to set the bar low. Very low.
 
Bummer, how amazing would it be to pull up to school in a Maserati and watch my friends getting out of their crappy little Nissans :)
 
A good rule in life: if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.
 
A good rule in life: if something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

+1 U've gotta be mad to put a Granturismo S at that price.. Unless your a millionare and you don't care about money.
 
SkierPS3
Bummer, how amazing would it be to pull up to school in a Maserati and watch my friends getting out of their crappy little Nissans :)

However they can all afford to get from point a to point b while that car sits if your drive way either waiting for maintenance or waiting for insurance.
 
If that were true I'd buy it, sell it for 50-60k fast, get a 30k 90s NSX and keep the rest for my enjoyment
 
^^^^Yes



When I get my car I'm going to get a clunker, then turn it into a high performance machine. Just for the hell of it.
 
You can get an older model Gallardo for the price that car is actual worth..
 
Maybe the car is a Chinese Fake 💡
 
I think they missed a 1.
Probably selling for $119,900.
Either that, or its completely totaled and your essentially buying a shell.
 
Interesting... I was browsing cars.com at work this afternoon and came across a 1997 Ferrari 550 Maranello.... 12,500 miles... $32,000 dollars and claimed nothing was wrong with it. That was a $200,000 car when it was new...
 
If that little possible con doesn't kill your wallet, then insurance and maintenance costs will.
 
Bummer, how amazing would it be to pull up to school in a Maserati and watch my friends getting out of their crappy little Nissans :)

Depends on the Nissan, not all of them are crappy.
 
When I read the first post I thought this would be a cheap Maserati coupé, which would have to be in totally desperate condition (read - severely wrecked) to be sold for a price like that. Being a Gran Turismo just makes the ad even more fake, since they still are pretty expensive.
 
If you read the carfax, it was in a front end collison and there is probably somthing wrong with the engine... I dont know though.
 
If you read the carfax, it was in a front end collison and there is probably somthing wrong with the engine... I dont know though.

It was only a 3k bill, I don't think there was any engine damage, this looks pretty legit, though the price is just confusing,because it can't be that they forgot a 0 since that would make it cost about the same as a new one
 
Not to mention I don't think an insurance company will take a risk on a 16 year old with a Maserati.
 
^This. And maintenance, and gas, and blah blah blah. Most young drivers do SOME sort of damage to their first car. A dented fender in a Maserati would cost more than the supposed $19K asking price. And you CAN'T drive a dented Maserati, Ferrari, Lambo, etc...
 
Most drivers do SOME sort of damage to their car. A dented fender in a Maserati would cost more than the supposed $19K asking price. And you CAN'T drive a dented Maserati, Ferrari, Lambo, etc...

Fix'd
 
Though technically true, I'm going to say he was right the first time.
 
Interesting... I was browsing cars.com at work this afternoon and came across a 1997 Ferrari 550 Maranello.... 12,500 miles... $32,000 dollars and claimed nothing was wrong with it. That was a $200,000 car when it was new...
That also sounds too good to be true.

Maranellos have dropped quite a bit price, but not enough to be worth $32,000 for a model that's done roughly 900 miles a year. That example can still fetch $80-85,000.
 
One word as to why it's so cheap...
Automatic! :P
Realistically though I'd stick with the "Scam" option. Since used Maserati GT S' are on sale for a minimum of 50k. $19,000 (about £10,000) is WAY too cheap.
Plus, the fact it's spelt GranDTurismo is quite niggly .
 
I think that they forgot a couple of 0's
 
If that were true I'd buy it, sell it for 50-60k fast, get a 30k 90s NSX and keep the rest for my enjoyment
Exactly. A young teenager trying to drive a car that expensive would need a loan just to pay for insurance. Obviously its fake but you are right, selling it and putting the money toward a much cheaper car would be a wise decision. Maybe even put the rest toward college. 👍
But as stated, its fake.
 
Back