"This should be a premium" cars & missing GEMS

• Thread starter TurismoBad
  • 26 comments
Italy
Italy
So you probably also noticed some well known, often iconic or famous cars that aren't premium or aren't in the game at all.

Ill start with :

Jaguar E-type, Toyota Supra, Pagani Zonda, DeLorean, Saleen S7 - all standards :grumpy:

In GT6 PD also added 100+ new premium cars (some of them could be easily skipped) but "forgot" about cars like Ariel Atom V8, Ferrari F12, Ferrari F50, Ferrari Testarossa, Mini Morris, Koenigsegg Agera, Veyron SS, Chevrolet Bel Air, Aston Martin DB5...maybe some Gallardo variant?

...and I'm sure there's more but you get the point - ALL of this are famous cars and if you call yourself "a car's lover" like Kaz is calling himself you simply can't give me a Ford Focus ST and Punto Abarth instead of these gems - hell take away 5 premium sedans and hatchbacks and give me ONE of these.

Priorities

Also 15 (counted :lol:) Hondas 2000 should be counted as ONE as well as different racing livreries - just give us an option to choose the car's variant or paint - but don't count them separately.

What is it with these standard cars...

Take the time it takes and make them ALL premium, or don't advertise your game has 1200+ cars...

Also, I'm surprised at how we have 20 Miatas, 20 Skylines, 20 Lancers, but missing so many interesting cars everyone wants to drive. Honestly, we have NASCARS? We have a bunch of custom cars I've never heard of? But no 2014 Mazda3, Mazda6, Mazdaspeed3, mk6 GTI/GLI, Jetta/Golf/Passat 2.5/TDI, B5.5 Passat W8, Corrado G60/VR6, mk2 GTI, mk2 Golf Limited...

More Caterhams (with interior views of course) would have been nice. I'm just not sure how they choose the cars they want to add to the game, or why they even put standard cars in the first place. One thing is for sure; I'm going to count the number of "real" cars that are in the game, and ONLY purchase those.

So you probably also noticed some well known, often iconic or famous cars that aren't premium or aren't in the game at all.

Ill start with :

Jaguar E-type, Toyota Supra, Pagani Zonda, DeLorean, Saleen S7 - all standards :grumpy:

In GT6 PD also added 100+ new premium cars (some of them could be easily skipped) but "forgot" about cars like Ariel Atom V8, Ferrari F12, Ferrari F50, Ferrari Testarossa, Mini Morris, Koenigsegg Agera, Veyron SS, Chevrolet Bel Air, Aston Martin DB5...maybe some Gallardo variant?

...and I'm sure there's more but you get the point - ALL of this are famous cars and if you call yourself "a car's lover" like Kaz is calling himself you simply can't give me a Ford Focus ST and Punto Abarth instead of these gems - hell take away 5 premium sedans and hatchbacks and give me ONE of these.

Priorities

Also 15 (counted :lol:) Hondas 2000 should be counted as ONE as well as different racing livreries - just give us an option to choose the car's variant or paint - but don't count them separately.

When you have as many cars as GT does it's easy to notice what isn't in there whereas a game with only 100 cars you can be more forgiving. It's psychological not that the game actually lacks lots of great cars. If they had those cars you mentioned, there'd be another list you'd have conjured up that they should have added.

Anyway I agree that there are cars they should add but I'm sure they'll add a lot in DLC before they drop support for it.

worth_fixing
...so you'd rather not experience any of these cars and have 19 useless replicas of the same car?
Replica? You have no clue about GT-Rs. There is a big difference of a Skyline GT-R R34 from 1999 and an R34 V-spec II N1. Just because it looks similar it doesn't have to be the same thing.

...so you'd rather not experience any of these cars and have 19 useless replicas of the same car?

The only cars of your list that offer an "experience" are the G60 and maaaaaybe the Limited. All others are mere transport appliances. Your fanboyism towards VW doesn't help, really.

Woh, lets calm down now. Fanboying or not, it doesn't matter. As with all racing games, there are some people who are going to endlessly complain about a certain make or model of a car that didn't get in. I feel the same, (no Prelude in NFS? or Forza? get out...., wait GT6 put it in! :) ) but I think PD should have simplified the whole car selection process.

I think what PD was trying to do, was purposely overwhelm you, give you that "wow" factor when you clicked on the Nissan or Honda marque, and scrolled through 6-10 pages of cars, letting you know about how many cars PD modeled.

Just my opinion, but that feels cluttered, what PD should have done, is set it up like a dealership, where you select a car, but as IRL, you can select options, engines, trims, specs, wheel options, etc. So instead of Honda S2000 US,EU,JP, 1999,2000 etc, it could be like the different specs of it. Same thing with Skylines, you could select the R34, and be brought up to selecting either the base model, or the Nur version of it. It would give to me a bigger impression on more personal customization, and it would declutter the whole dealership. Sure they would have to change the adverts on 1200 cars, but they could change it to like 800 cars with over 400 different spec options, that would knock other competitors off their high horses.

We need a Premium (or at least Semi-premium) Skyline RS-X Turbo. Generally speaking, I wouldn't mind having more vintage JDM cars - there are some real gems hiding in there, but they're all boxy and pixel-y and eugh, ugly by this gen's standards (even through they were beautiful in GT4).

I don't get why people are so angry at what they call "duplicates". It's not like having two different versions of one car can take anything away from your experience; however, it may add to someone else's. I personally love having so many different versions of a car to toy with, I only wish they did things the proper way and Premiumized versions of a Premium car instead of having, say, one Premium and five Standard (actually Semi-Premium) Skyline R33 GT-R.

And I don't get why people believe they are entitled to say, "remove this car and add another". I'm not referring to anybody in this topic, but it's a behavior that is sadly seen quite often in these forums. Gran Turismo is a game for all car lovers; each and every car is important - and yes, that includes things like the Midget or the Honda Life Step Van.

I'm hoping GT7 will see a de-cluttered, reorganized, fully Premiumized car list and a better organized dealership menu. Until then, I'll be waiting for GT6 DLC with hopes that it may add more cars of all shapes, sizes and ages.

Also, I'm surprised at how we have 20 Miatas, 20 Skylines, 20 Lancers, but missing so many interesting cars everyone wants to drive. Honestly, we have NASCARS? We have a bunch of custom cars I've never heard of? But no 2014 Mazda3, Mazda6, Mazdaspeed3, mk6 GTI/GLI, Jetta/Golf/Passat 2.5/TDI, B5.5 Passat W8, Corrado G60/VR6, mk2 GTI, mk2 Golf Limited...

Right! I can't believe the lack of 12/13/14 MY cars when we have all the crap in standard form from previous games.

There's been some really interesting cars launched in the last few years I would expect to see - Citroen DS3, New Polo, Audi A1, A5, New Mercedes A-Class just a handful from Europe. Ok they're not racing machines yet we have all the old crappy versions of these cars to deal with! Honestly, Xsara, old polo, 1996 Audi A4, Mk1 A-class (not even Mk2!) - who cares! If you're going to have these kind of cars in the game, at least have the latest model.

The amount of Mazda MX5 / Miata / Roadster is plain ridiculous. It'd like 6 pages of the
dealership.

Where's the F-Type?!?!

What I dont understand is why they put a base model supra in GT6 and not giving a single look at the standard supra. They could've atleast make it semi-premium. Thats just sloppy in PD's department.

Priorities

So that other compain afterwards? Why not simply add cars?

Okay I find your list of forgotten cars really good (would give a more varied content to the list), but PD didn't have the same priorities, PD can make the game as they want.
They have their preferences, which are not necessarily the same as everyone. And you probably already know that.
Please show more respect to the tastes of others (As me prefer an Hot Hatch (Opel OPCs, V40...) rather than an overprized Veneno).

the only thing stupid about mazda is that they put the demio sport instead of THIS
Large%20Image%20(optional).jpg

I find it funny how they've put in extra work for the AMG Vision GT, yet it doesn't even have a real dashboard. It's supposed to be premium but the interior is black.

Replica? You have no clue about GT-Rs. There is a big difference of a Skyline GT-R R34 from 1999 and an R34 V-spec II N1. Just because it looks similar it doesn't have to be the same thing.

I'm not denying the fact that there are differences between each Skyline model, I'm saying the differences are so minute, I'd much rather experience other cars altogether. Different sounds, different power bands, different drivetrains. Have 4 or 5 different Skylines, not 20. But the Miatas are far worse in my opinion anyway. Don't tell me you'll be meticulously trying each one, appreciating the time and effort PD put into the distinctions of each...

The only cars of your list that offer an "experience" are the G60 and maaaaaybe the Limited. All others are mere transport appliances. Your fanboyism towards VW doesn't help, really.

Drop the fanboyism crap. I'll be driving a Mazda in a few months anyway. The point is I love many different types of cars and would like to see them in the game. I feel Volkswagen has built some great pieces of engineering and don't get enough recognition for it. I would gladly trade 14 Miatas for 14 other cars.

Let me offer you some statistics, derived from The Complete GT6 Car List...

Number of different variations per model:
  • 44 Nissan SKYLINE
  • 35 Mazda MX-5 Miata
  • 32 NASCAR Cars
  • 29 Mazda RX-7
  • 27 Subaru IMPREZA
  • 24 Honda NSX
  • 23 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo
  • 20 Mitsubishi GTO - 3000
  • 18 Honda S2000
  • 16 Nissan GT-R
  • 16 Nissan SILVIA
  • 13 Honda CIVIC
and on the other hand, we have:
  • 0 Alfa Romeo 4C '14
  • 0 Audi RS5
  • 0 BMW M1 (E26) '81
  • 0 BMW M1 Coupe '11
  • 0 BMW M3 E30 '92
  • 0 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
  • 0 Ferrari La Ferrari
  • 0 Ford Fiesta ST '13
  • 0 Ford Focus RS '10
  • 0 Jaguar F-Type '13
  • 0 Lotus Exige
  • 0 McLaren P1
  • 0 Nissan GT-R NISMO '14
  • 0 Renault Clio Williams '95
  • 0 Subaru IMPREZA 22B '98 (Premium)
  • 0 Porsche
OK, they have an excuse for Porsche (Electronic Arts license), but for rest, there is none!

Without going deeply into the whole bit about too many near identical cars I could care less about thing I have been keeping a list of cars I really want in GT6. Keep all 98 Miatas and 49 Evos in the game but throw me a bone on a few of my guilty pleasures. Nobody will force you to drive an 1984 Daytona Turbo Z if its in the game and they wont have to trim the list of WRX's to only 57 to fit it so please keep the venom to a minimum if you hate my cars.

This is not a list of the best, most amazing machines ever type thing. I actually prefer driving realistic cars that I could obtain (or had) in real life to supercars, concept cars and race specific cars. I own ZERO Evo, WRX, Skyline/GT-R, Mx-5/Miata, S2000 models in the game...well, I might have won some, but never driven them as they are just beyond boring for me after 6 versions of GT and I know that puts me in a minority but this is a driving sim, not an everyone do the same thing sim right?

There is a LOT of room to put in the (few) gems those of us getting our licenses in the '80s remember, just because they are not in the same league as todays rides is irrelevant. At the time some of these were as good as it got for american kids, we had posters of some of them...

Oh, and not all of them are hoopties...there are a few good runners that are just absent for no reason. E30 M3 or '87 Conquest/Starion anybody? For a game that is so Japan heavy I am shocked they left that out.

BMW:
M1 the old one
M3 first generation

Chevrolet:
91 Beretta GTZ
86 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe
88 Camaro IROC...why do we have the stupid concept one that nobody in the trailer park ever drove?

Cadillac:
CTS
ATS
XLR

Pontiac:
89 Turbo Trans Am...ah hell 79 Turbo Trans am too while we are at it.
88 Trans Am GTA or Formula 350
89 Grand Prix Mclaren Turbo

Oldsmobile:
95 Aurora

Lincoln:
98 Mk VIII LSC
74 Mk IV

Ford:
85 Mustang SVO
90 Mustang GT
89 Taurus SHO
88 Probe GT
88 Thunderbird Turbocoupe

Merkur:
85 XR4Ti

Chrysler:
87 Conquest or Mitsu Starion...I like the Conquest looks better.

Dodge:
84 Daytona Turbo Z/Chrysler Laser
GLHS Omni or Charger

Subaru:
88 XT turbo or XT6
92 SVX Seriously...how is this not in the game, it used to be.

Maserati:
Bora, any year but with euro bumpers

DeTomaso Pantera

DMC Delorian

You can pick apart any car on here but I can also offer a good reason for any of them. At least its something different. I just want to be spared the endless stream of bland Japanese toasters...even if they are 4wd with insanely boosted engines.

The list of 'muscle' cars is a bit lame too. Can we throw in a Buick GS Stage I or 69 Riviera, a GTO Judge and an AMC AMX and Rebel Machine when you have a chance? They all drive like crap so just use the same handling model and use different skins :)

How about a few real buckets? AMC Pacer or Gremlin, maybe the Sporty Citation X11 or Mustang Cobra II.

Variety is the spice of life.

Last edited:
If there's any ONE standard car that deserves - and should have deserved - the premium treatment, it's the Formula Gran Turismo. It's the only F1 car in GT6 and PD made it themselves. They should have the assets to upgrade it to proprer current-gen specs.

1 - 1989 Pontiac Trans Am turbo.
2 - 198X BMW 850 CSI. (It was in GT2, but PD decided that I had my chance)

As well as a car that sould be premium? Both the Chaparral.

• 44 Nissan SKYLINE
  • 35 Mazda MX-5 Miata
  • 32 NASCAR Cars
  • 29 Mazda RX-7
  • 27 Subaru IMPREZA
  • 24 Honda NSX
  • 18 Honda S2000
  • 16 Nissan GT-R
  • 16 Nissan SILVIA
  • 13 Honda CIVIC
  • 0 Alfa Romeo 4C '14
  • 0 Audi RS5
  • 0 BMW M1 (E26) '81
  • 0 BMW M1 Coupe '11
  • 0 BMW M3 E30 '92
  • 0 Ferrari La Ferrari
  • 0 Ford Fiesta ST '13
  • 0 Ford Focus RS '10
  • 0 Jaguar F-Type '13
  • 0 Lotus Exige
  • 0 McLaren P1
  • 0 Porsche
OK, they have an excuse for Porsche (Electronic Arts license), but for rest, there is none!

I really want the FiST in GT6 so I don't have to make my own replica out of the FoST. Also, Forza was able to get a Porsche pack DLC. GT still has no excuse.

• 44 Nissan SKYLINE
  • 35 Mazda MX-5 Miata
  • 32 NASCAR Cars
  • 29 Mazda RX-7
  • 27 Subaru IMPREZA
  • 24 Honda NSX
  • 18 Honda S2000
  • 16 Nissan GT-R
  • 16 Nissan SILVIA
  • 13 Honda CIVIC
  • 0 Alfa Romeo 4C '14
  • 0 Audi RS5
  • 0 BMW M1 (E26) '81
  • 0 BMW M1 Coupe '11
  • 0 BMW M3 E30 '92
  • 0 Ferrari La Ferrari
  • 0 Ford Fiesta ST '13
  • 0 Ford Focus RS '10
  • 0 Jaguar F-Type '13
  • 0 Lotus Exige
  • 0 McLaren P1
  • 0 Porsche
Wow thanks for taking the time to compile that list! I knew there were a lot of MX5,s and RX7's etc in the game but I never realised there were that many bloody hell!

This list should be stapled to the forehead of every PD employee to be honest....it's embarrassing! :banghead:

As for standard cars I would really like to see made premium, the E46 BMW M3 CSL and GTR for sure. :bowdown:
There are loads more to add but those are my top 2...I would also love to see the 2013 BMW M5 in game too, that would be sweet.

[Edit] Some more Hypercars would also be nice, Ascari A10, Hennessy Venom, Gumpert Apollo, Noble M600, Koenigsegg CCX etc....

Sigh...one can only dream. :(

Last edited:
Back