This Week’s Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: Big Power Dominates Winter

The Northbridge Speed Trap is a tricky one. I gave up trying to use the road to complete it, and instead just tore through the snow from the southside.

I could've done it on the tarmac if not for the snow itself. Why playground decided to cover half of the main roads in the stuff for the winter season is beyond me, especially with all the snow plows driving about. Anytime I'm driving something that isn't AWD, I'm essentially restricted to the eastern half of the map where the roads are actually roads.

I happened to win the Ford Crown Vic from a normal wheelspin two days ago. I guess Festival Playlist cars can be won not only from weekly challenges, which is very nice imo.

Fortunately, the Audi S1 will do 155 mph in stock form. I tried the motorway from north to south and couldn't get it but it was much easier going from the south to the north.

That side is slightly downhill, so it definitely helps.

I happened to win the Ford Crown Vic from a normal wheelspin two days ago. I guess Festival Playlist cars can be won not only from weekly challenges, which is very nice imo.

The Crown Vic was initially a wheelspin exclusive car prior to being featured on the festival playlist. Unfortunately it is an exception, other cars like the Porsche 914, BMW M3 GTR, Plymouth Fury, and RTR Mustangs cannot be won through wheelspins, and can only be unlocked through the playlist (for now).

The Crown Vic was initially a wheelspin exclusive car prior to being featured on the festival playlist. Unfortunately it is an exception, other cars like the Porsche 914, BMW M3 GTR, Plymouth Fury, and RTR Mustangs cannot be won through wheelspins, and can only be unlocked through the playlist (for now).

Thanks. I thought something was off when I saw it.

Second week in a row where I got disoriented in one of the community championship events. Last week it was that scramble in between the woods and this week it was the one down in the quarry. Both great ideas with potential, but the lack of clearly visible checkpoints in some spots ruin it.

The first month of community championships was great, but lately it has felt like PG has just chosen random routes without actually checking for craft and quality.

Last edited:
Second week in a row where I got disoriented in one of the community championship events. Last week it was that scramble in between the woods and this week it was the one down in the quarry.

I'm totally with you on the scramble in the woods race from last week -- that was a mess. But I actually liked the one in the quarry this week and thought it was much better than last week.

I'm totally with you on the scramble in the woods race from last week -- that was a mess. But I actually liked the one in the quarry this week and thought it was much better than last week.

It was better, but in some places I had to rely on the radar because the checkpoints didn't always guide the way. And even then it was confusing because the route almost overlaps itself a few times. In my opinion the radar should not play a role during racing.

It was better, but in some places I had to rely on the radar because the checkpoints didn't always guide the way. And even then it was confusing because the route almost overlaps itself a few times. In my opinion the radar should not play a role during racing.

I see. I have to keep the driving line on no matter what -- I never used it in GT, but in FH I can't find the routes without it.

I didn't have too much trouble with it since I tend to make blueprint events like this.
Its just hard to test your own blueprints with others in mind, seeing as you already know the route.
An easy fix for the blueprint's creator would be to include more checkpoints at the tighter corners, just to turn other players in the right direction.

Overall, I enjoyed it. Its nice seeing another creator who appreciates routes that cross over themselves. The Drivatars however, didn't enjoy it as much. They kept getting stuck on one tight corner (the top of the hill you descend before driving down onto the ice pond). It made for an easy win, but not a very rewarding one.

Back