This Week’s Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: DeBerti Leaps in to Winter

I do feel the Horizon format is getting tired now, how do you think they could mix it up for the next one

I was going to say the same thing. They've done a great job keeping the replay value of this game, but it is starting to feel stale. I missed the last season altogether, and I don't think I'll participate on this one.

I feel like what this game could use is not only a change in format for season events, but also a refresh on its blueprint creator and maybe a map expansion. Although I doubt that will happen. Not when this game is a yearly release.

I don't know... maybe it's because I;ve finally got all my unicorn cars.

Didn't we already do an event with the Cayenne and the Macan last series? For the same exact prize? In winter, no less? In fact, here's the week it was in:

https://www.gtplanet.net/this-weeks-forza-horizon-4-season-change-macan-the-most-of-winter/

And I do agree that this is getting somewhat tiresome. I don't even bother with the Forzathon Live thing anymore.

I do also feel like some of the individual events are sometimes slapped together in a haphazardly way with not much thought behind them.

Didn't we already do an event with the Cayenne and the Macan last series? For the same exact prize? In winter, no less? In fact, here's the week it was in:

https://www.gtplanet.net/this-weeks-forza-horizon-4-season-change-macan-the-most-of-winter/

And I do agree that this is getting somewhat tiresome. I don't even bother with the Forzathon Live thing anymore.

I do also feel like some of the individual events are sometimes slapped together in a haphazardly way with not much thought behind them.
The post is wrong, it's not Porsche, it's 900 PI Track Toys. I did it yesterday.

Even with the error in the post, I feel like there's not a lot of thought going into these events. Who's bright idea was it to have not one but two Street Scene events in winter with S+ class cars? Winter is the time for Cross Country racing. :)

Even with the error in the post, I feel like there's not a lot of thought going into these events. Who's bright idea was it to have not one but two Street Scene events in winter with S+ class cars? Winter is the time for Cross Country racing. :)

Poorly thought out events have unfortunatly become a staple for the horizon since FH2 when cross country events were first introduced. Why they insist of using sports and super cars for offroad events has always confused and annoyed me.

I was going to say the same thing. They've done a great job keeping the replay value of this game, but it is starting to feel stale. I missed the last season altogether, and I don't think I'll participate on this one.

I feel like what this game could use is not only a change in format for season events, but also a refresh on its blueprint creator and maybe a map expansion. Although I doubt that will happen. Not when this game is a yearly release.

Turn 10 and Microsoft are using this as a Cash Cow, this is their COD, FIFA, Battlefield, et al EA and Activision im finding it harder and harder to want to play for longer periods of time, I gave up on Destiny 2 along time ago I will prob only go back if the DLC is dirt Cheap or Free.

Its' really sad that we no longer have PGR and Motorstorm in the Racing arena for this generation, and OnRush on paper sounded great when you think of who made it and the team history but was possibly too niche and just did not sell well or play well either and when it was given away on PS Plus its a bad sign too.

I have to say im really enjoying Wreakfest, ok it lacks some polish of AAA games but the Physics is great fun easy to get the back end out and the car deformation is topnotch their just is a lack of content for it but hoping its supported.

Sorry I just ranted :gtpflag:a bit, Happy Friday All:bowdown::gtplanet::dunce:

As someone who has collected all the cars in the game, and has 116 million credits, I'm fine with PG making same-y events if it means collecting these new cars every month. I don't need anything spectacular. Just keep me entertained and I'm all for it.

Besides, I have other games to play at the mean time until the next Forza Motorsport (which I'm really hyped up for) and the new Xbox are announced at next year's E3.

At least I know what to expect when PG releases new events on the playlist.

Horizon isn't an annual franchise. It has been bi-annual up to now, but even that seems like it's going to change with Forza Motorsport giving at least 2019 a miss. So you're likely looking at 2021 at the absolute earliest, for FH5.

Additionally, if an open world car game is just starting to feel stale after a year, I'd call that pretty good value?

I really liked the S2 $2m+ street race in winter. It has a certain decadence to it that definitely fits the game.
Being able to use the Centenario for it is a plus too. I'd like to see more synergy between the 'car of the week' and seasonal races.

I really liked the S2 $2m+ street race in winter. It has a certain decadence to it that definitely fits the game.
Being able to use the Centenario for it is a plus too. I'd like to see more synergy between the 'car of the week' and seasonal races.

I agree on the point about synergy between the car of the week and the seasonal races. To bad I finished all of the Centenario tasks before I noticed this :)

Poorly thought out events have unfortunatly become a staple for the horizon since FH2 when cross country events were first introduced. Why they insist of using sports and super cars for offroad events has always confused and annoyed me.

I'm sure that's the point. They habitually set up challenges that seem crazy on paper like it's some deliberate twist. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Horizon isn't an annual franchise. It has been bi-annual up to now, but even that seems like it's going to change with Forza Motorsport giving at least 2019 a miss. So you're likely looking at 2021 at the absolute earliest, for FH5.

Additionally, if an open world car game is just starting to feel stale after a year, I'd call that pretty good value?

The value definitely isn't bad at all. I think its just that since this will be the first time we wait longer for the next installment to arrive, people are starting to feel disappointed assuming that these will be the type of events we will still be doing for that much longer, especially when they said that they plan to put more effort into the replay value because of the longer time.

A year later, it's gonna get stale, no question. And Playground's plan for the game amounts to... cars, cars and more cars. All of which with crappy requirements to get. Doesn't help matters.

But this is a rut FH4 is stuck on and can't get out. Since map additions are not integrated to the main map, more cars is really the best Playground can do. There was talk of more bodykits, but they're gone silent for a while and stuck to cars. Paintable brake calipers were officially canned. A sign that support won't last as much as people think.

Give it one more year and we'll see EoL for it like with FM7. The current formula has been exhausted in FH4. While I don't particularly care, as it suits how I play the game, the casual mass will need something new and shiny to keep coming back.

Personally I'm scared of this new generation. Everything is being diluted to appeal to a mass of people who simply are not into games. FH4 had hints of this development and these are the worst parts of the game by far. Whenever FH4 wants to be a game and not a social phenomenon, it's brilliant.

Turn 10 and Microsoft are using this as a Cash Cow

Playground handles Forza Horizon. Turn 10 only publishes it.

A year later, it's gonna get stale, no question.

I have only been playing for a few months, so my personal opinion on it doesn't count, but I saw a lot of people on the Forza forums who were very happy with last winter's playlist. So it does seem possible to still make it relatively fresh and exciting for players who've been playing for a year.

I'm sure that's the point. They habitually set up challenges that seem crazy on paper like it's some deliberate twist. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Yeah, in case someone didn't get it, it's a tuning challenge. 900 PI Track Toys on snow roads? Well get a Continental FE with snow tires then, you will leave AI far behind without a problem. Playground games with 900 PI Track Toys? Clio FE with offroad tune has worked perfectly. Too bad you get saboteurs into your team with a default Porsche, Aston Martin or similar road car.

Good truck. Gets a 10/10 from me, even though I suspect its physics isn't very realistic.

Seasonal events are all **** and almost completely unrelated to what you did in FH3. What a way to celebrate the game that consolidated FH's position as the leading arcade racing franchise...

I have only been playing for a few months, so my personal opinion on it doesn't count, but I saw a lot of people on the Forza forums who were very happy with last winter's playlist. So it does seem possible to still make it relatively fresh and exciting for players who've been playing for a year.

Usually it's like this: we get a streak of good months then out of the sudden we get a really, really bad month with uninspired events, as if the person picking the races wasn't even trying.

I most certainly believe the people planning the Playlist have the misguided idea that the Playlist needs to be "difficult" or at least "grindy". Meanwhile, I just want to burn through it the quickest I can so I'm able to play the game at my own pace or go do other things.

Forza is lucky both NFS and The Crew suck, otherwise they'd have to try harder to win us over.

Last edited:
Seasonal events are all **** and almost completely unrelated to what you did in FH3. What a way to celebrate the game that consolidated FH's position as the leading arcade racing franchise...

What else could have been done to mimic FH3 besides the Centenario Forzathon and the Holden championship? I’m out of ideas.

Kinda random, but one thing FH3 did every now and then was to hand out Forzathon challenges that involved the Ebisu Style skill. This skill also exists in FH4, but I cannot remember it being part of any FH4 challenge ever. Maybe I haven’t paid proper attention.

Ultimately I will agree this anniversary Season is pretty underwhelming. The tributes don’t feel like anything out of the ordinary, and the four exclusive cars on offer aren’t very special compared to other months. I’m already bored just thinking about grabbing the near-duplicate 720S Spider next week. Bring on the next season.

Kinda random, but one thing FH3 did every now and then was to hand out Forzathon challenges that involved the Ebisu Style skill. This skill also exists in FH4, but I cannot remember it being part of any FH4 challenge ever. Maybe I haven’t paid proper attention.

I'm very happy that Ebisu Style challenge hasn't popped up, because personally, those were (are) the most rage-inducing skills to achieve. Yes, I know how to drift and I know how to jump, and I also know how to drift and jump, but getting that Ebisu Style skill to register was a hit-and-miss. 99% of the time the latter... So yeah, I'm not missing those challenges.

FH4 had a showcase event in a style similar to Horizon in the past, so it might have been fun if they remake it.

FH1: Remake of "Maniac Mini" using Mini Cooper at Edinburgh scramble event. (This is not strictly an FH4 showcase event, but it's a style showcase event that only existed in FH1, and I think it's one of the best for FH4.)
FH2: Remake of "Train In Vain" using Lancia Fulvia at The Flying Scotsman Showcase.
FH3: Remake of "High Rise Rush Showcase" using Lamborghini Centenario at The Delta-Wing Showcase.

Of course, creating these events requires creating a new showcase remix, which is more time-consuming than creating regular events, but they were able to represent a stronger respect for past Horizon.

What else could have been done to mimic FH3 besides the Centenario Forzathon and the Holden championship? I’m out of ideas.

Ultimately I will agree this anniversary Season is pretty underwhelming. The tributes don’t feel like anything out of the ordinary, and the four exclusive cars on offer aren’t very special compared to other months. I’m already bored just thinking about grabbing the near-duplicate 720S Spider next week. Bring on the next season.

I think shuffling around the games would've been neat. Making FH3 in Summer, FH1 in Autumn, FH4 in Winter (only game with a main winter map) and FH2 in Spring. The way it is now, I celebrate FH3 in Winter and there isn't even a proper CC championship reminiscent of Blizzard Mountain. That's puzzling to say the least. The only way I thought it proper to celebrate FH3 in Winter was if they were alluding to the AWD-heavy meta, haha.

I hope the next month is better, with better events. This Winter was one of the worst really, even though the prize for 50% is pretty neat, but, by the time you complete the requirements you just want to sit down and rest.

This was the first season I brought down the difficulty in to clear the event faster. Winning Track Toys championship with an RWD car in the snow wasn't happening. Should've put snow tires in it at the very least, but it still wouldn't have been as fun as driving one of the snow-free routes (there are quite a few in FH4's Winter, actually).

I'm very happy that Ebisu Style challenge hasn't popped up, because personally, those were (are) the most rage-inducing skills to achieve. Yes, I know how to drift and I know how to jump, and I also know how to drift and jump, but getting that Ebisu Style skill to register was a hit-and-miss. 99% of the time the latter... So yeah, I'm not missing those challenges.

15 Ebisu Style in a Holden Sandman... Yeah, not fun at all.

I'm not. Yes, it's a mistery how this skill registers, as many times it should and doesn't. But I didn't have a skill chain at Bamburgh castle with Hoonigan RS500 where I didn't get at least one or two. And that's in two minutes with 10 skill points.;)

Someone needs to learn tuning :D Sand dunes at the airport and AWD were actually fun and easy way to earn ebisu skills at FH3.

I might have needed therapy for anger management issues after that one... :lol:

I'm not. Yes, it's a mistery how this skill registers, as many times it should and doesn't. But I didn't have a skill chain at Bamburgh castle with Hoonigan RS500 where I didn't get at least one or two. And that's in two minutes with 10 skill points.;)

Hoonigan RS200 is the ultimate stunt/skill car. It's relatively easy to 3-star pretty much any PR stunt (excluding some speed traps & zones) with RS200. With that said, I did this week's seasonal stunts with Centenario just for the heck of it.

I still think it'd be really cool if they just announced they were adding the entire FH3 map as a free expansion to FH4. Or even the FH2 map. Along with new multiplayer playlists for all of the events on that map.

Wouldn't be a trivial amount of work, but would hugely refresh the experience for a lot of people who haven't played those games in years, or even at all.

Back