This Week’s Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: M3 GTS Turns Up The Winter Heat

700 PI Trial. Much better then last week's S2 madness. Although we lost the second race, because a team mate decided to use me as a brake and there were only two of us that actually tuned our cars and didn't come with 620 PI stock :confused:

1. The M3 GTS in FH4: no Alcantara leather wheel, no rollbar (what you get in the chassis upgrade is quite different and badly textured), no shift lights, no base 3-Series parts (which were in FH1), no colors other than Inca Orange (I think very few not from Individual were built in other colors but not sure).

Playground on the M3 GTS: "AMG LOL"

If I was Daimler-Benz I'd be phoning Microsoft the exact second after this video was first uploaded.

My God, why do I even care. After I saw in the General Discussion thread the Corvette ZR1 shipping with Z06 wheels and gauges being treated as a "minor bug" (which came to no surprise considering who said that), all hope is lost for this game.

Turn 10 needs to look at FH4 very closely and do EXACTLY the opposite if they wish FM8 to have any kind of success. That is, attention to car detail and sounds, and fair access to each and every car in the game. Making Forza great again involves sanitizing and/or purging every aspect of Forza Motorsport even remotely related to the mess Forza Horizon has become. Because Forza Motorsport's competition is Gran Turismo and, starved of content as they are, they do treat the bits they get with utmost respect after all. Meanwhile, Forza becomes the laughing stock of the community with Legos and bugs that would make Black Box, Criterion and Ghost Games blush.

And yes, I'm angry because I wanted this car really bad, and, in its current state, it sucks.

I mean, that is kinda annoying that it doesn't have the GTS interior, despite being either a buffed FH1 model or worse, it was remodelled and phoned in. Would have been nice to have the base 3-series parts with such a low key interior.

Only a matter of time PG may update the interior, but who really knows at this point. I couldn't care less about it since I'm more so focused on collecting EVERY additional car in the game.

It's thanks to people like you and a select few here that this game is in the gutter. You'll eventually kill a game I love (used to?) with your attitude.

Yes, one of the people who liked your silly post was the one who said the Corvette ZR1 having the wrong wheels was a "minor" issue. Luckily, other people have different thoughts and we were able to get PG to fix it (it was paid content after all).

There were a few cars with bugged suspension upgrades and the only ones fixed were the 300ZX on popular demand and the AMG GT 4-Door, meanwhile the bugged cars in the 007 pack which is paid content remain unfixed since release. Countach lacks red lenses around its taillights since release. I could go on and on but, in light of such things, ridiculing people who point out the bugs only helps PG move even more into their comfort zone and hurts the product overall.

12 million players in FH4. Of course, it costs $1 to sub to Game Pass, how would so many people not try it? Just stop being childish. Part of the enjoyment with the game is the feel you're driving the actual car and these glitches break it for many.

It's thanks to people like you and a select few here that this game is in the gutter. You'll eventually kill a game I love (used to?) with your attitude.
:lol:

Please answer me one question, what was my emoji killing and how? What was it disagreeing with within your post? You wont be able to answer, because you're just throwing things out to make yourself feel better about whatever you said. I'm all for fixing bugs, never said I wasn't. You're making an ass out of yourself trying so hard to make some sort of connection there.

Yes, one of the people who liked your silly post was the one who said the Corvette ZR1 having the wrong wheels was a "minor" issue. Luckily, other people have different thoughts and we were able to get PG to fix it (it was paid content after all).
Who cares who likes who's post? Oh, there's definitely something silly here, that's for sure.

There were a few cars with bugged suspension upgrades and the only ones fixed were the 300ZX on popular demand and the AMG GT 4-Door, meanwhile the bugged cars in the 007 pack which is paid content remain unfixed since release. Countach lacks red lenses around its taillights since release. I could go on and on but, in light of such things, ridiculing people who point out the bugs only helps PG move even more into their comfort zone and hurts the product overall.
You're not being ridiculed for pointing out bugs. It's your asinine assumptions about a game, and quite simply, your massive overreactions and how hard you grasp to make connections like this:

Meanwhile, Forza becomes the laughing stock of the community with Legos and bugs that would make Black Box, Criterion and Ghost Games blush.
And then also bringing up a game that has its own share of bugs and modeling issues, as if it solidifies your point for whatever reason. It just sounds outright dumb saying things like this.

12 million players in FH4. Of course, it costs $1 to sub to Game Pass, how would so many people not try it? Just stop being childish. Part of the enjoyment with the game is the feel you're driving the actual car and these glitches break it for many.
Yes, please, stop being childish.

Last edited:
If Sony managed to sell over 90 million combined copies of 6 games that didn't have a single car sound the way it should, I strongly doubt one car having the wrong steering wheel texture is going to kill a franchise.

You're not being ridiculed for pointing out bugs. It's your asinine assumptions about a game, and quite simply, your massive overreactions and how hard you grasp to make connections like this

This.

And for the sake of being pedantic, it's not Inca Orange, it's Fire Orange.

Ah yes, I'm definitely to blame for killing a game that I'm not even playing that much anymore.

I'm going to put it to you in this way. Fred already did, but I want to reiterate it:

You're not being ridiculed for pointing out bugs. It's your asinine assumptions about a game, and quite simply, your massive overreactions and how hard you grasp to make connections like this

Not everything is a conspiracy from on high to have Playground as this insidious actor. Alongside this, bringing up a game who's lion share of post-release content was GT6 models uprezzed into 4K (And, should be noted, said GT6 models were sworn to be future proofed by fans of the game) seems a bit disingenuous, no?

For the last time: Is there problems with how the game is being built, the bugs, etc? Yes, I don't think that's very much in doubt. However, considering we have a game with 500+ cars, sometimes car bugs and especially sound, fall through the cracks because Playground has more or less a hierarchy of things to crack down when patching games, with gameplay and dangerous bugs to be most important. Like every other developer in the world who has to keep stewardship of an online game.

You know what really causes people to get tired of you? Harping on the same things over and over, with hilariously overwrought reactions, and a helping of conspiracy theory that, if I'm completely and bluntly honest, really reminds me of some of the stuff written during Forza vs. GT threads in recent history.

Frankly, if you don't like the game, or the direction that it's headed in, I don't blame you in the slightest for thinking that. Different strokes and all. But the way you're doing it now? It wears thin on people.

Too many locked cars. I played The Crew 2 somewhat and despite the grindiness of it (I love grinding. Go ahead and laugh, see if I care.) I think it slaps FH3 and FH4 in the face something fierce yet people give it mixed ratings on Steam.

The M3 GTS interior does seem rather confusing. It has racing seats and a GTS logo on the passenger side dashboard, but no cage and the steering wheel looks basic. How is a half-finished interior model like this even possible?

While there are undoubtedly some inaccuracies with cars in FH4, lets keep in mind that there are no game-breaking bugs affecting wider player base in FH4 (no, I'm not looking at you Fallout76...) and nothing is locked behind paywall or ridiculous grind (no EA, I'm not looking at you either...). Is FH4 perfect? Absolutely not, but things could be a whole lot worse.

While there are undoubtedly some inaccuracies with cars in FH4, lets keep in mind that there are no game-breaking bugs affecting wider player base in FH4 (no, I'm not looking at you Fallout76...) and nothing is locked behind paywall or ridiculous grind (no EA, I'm not looking at you either...). Is FH4 perfect? Absolutely not, but things could be a whole lot worse.

Why should we keep that in mind? No one here is demanding a perfect game, but bold inaccuracies in licensed content has to raise some questions.

Why should we keep that in mind? No one here is demanding a perfect game, but bold inaccuracies in licensed content has to raise some questions.

As far as I'm aware, cars in Forza franchises are not created by T10 or PG themselves, but by third parties instead. Where do these third parties get their source material? Is it directly from the manufacturer? Did they use CAD data or did they scan an actual car? If latter, was it a production or pre-production model? Or did they scan some collector's car? If so, have they made any modifications? Is there any other source material available? And when did they scan it?

There's so much that goes into creating and modeling a car for a game that I do not know, but I'd love to know. And now that I've finally had a chance to take a look at the BMW, I agree that it appears to be quite hastily done. But again, in a game full of inaccuracies, I personally prefer some inaccuracies (although Hot Wheels and Lego are stretching it a bit too far for me) over game-breaking glitches and monetization.

Isn't this what is being demanded though? It doesn't seem like a range of acceptability is wanted, going off these post. The exact issue in this thread is literally stemming from something not perfectly resembling it's real world counterpart, and while it makes sense why the issue is being talked about, what you're saying isn't really the truth. Perfection is literally what's being demanded here, or else they're being labeled as doing the devils work.

Isn't this what is being demanded though? It doesn't seem like a range of acceptability is wanted, going off these post. The exact issue in this thread is literally stemming from something not perfectly resembling it's real world counterpart, and while it makes sense why the issue is being talked about, what you're saying isn't really the truth. Perfection is literally what's being demanded here, or else they're being labeled as doing the devils work.

What people demand is accurately modelled content, and I also think this should be a minimum requirement when said inaccuracies relate to licensed content in a 4K environment.

What people demand is accurately modelled content, and I also think this should be a minimum requirement when said inaccuracies relate to licensed content in a 4K environment.
Maybe that's what you demand, but this is obviously spanning much, much, much farther than an inaccuracy of a certain model(s). Reading the thread should make that extremely clear, or even being active in this forum in general. Either way, yes, it would be nice to get everything done correctly 100% of the time, and it certainly is unfortunate that it happens, but this is very much blowing it out of proportion. Especially if a user is going to go as far as to bring up another game that has it's own issues in that department as well.

That someone would go so far as to attack someone because they didn't like an emoji used, and make up a bunch of BS to associate to that person as if they're the reason the game is being destroyed actually portrays that sentiment. The person goes on a tirade every single time a small bug hinders him some way or another, or that a system is in use that they don't like. That sounds a lot like demanding perfection in every aspect of the game, or else they get stupid comments like
Forza becomes the laughing stock of the community with Legos and bugs that would make Black Box, Criterion and Ghost Games blush.
That's why you should keep these things in mind like it was previously mentioned, in my opinion. Some things take a higher priority, and rightfully so. As long as they continue working towards bugs and issues, I'm fine with that regardless of what they work on, but I don't expect everything to get fixed on a drop of a dime like some here it seems.

Last edited:
Back