This Week’s Forza Horizon 4 Season Change: Rare Cars Return for Autumn

So I'm baffled by Chapter 3 of the weekly challenge with the M-B Truck.

It says to achieve 3 stars in total from Speed Taps... which sounds like you should be able to get 1 star 3 times or 2+1, or whatever adds up to 3.

But no. After trying for a while, I'm guessing it beating the 3-star target at a Speed Trap. Time to tune my truck.

It says to achieve 3 stars in total from Speed Taps... which sounds like you should be able to get 1 star 3 times or 2+1, or whatever adds up to 3.

But no. After trying for a while, I'm guessing it beating the 3-star target at a Speed Trap. Time to tune my truck.

Go to Fortune Island if you have it, I used the speed trap on a dirt road on southern part of the island

What?!?! Are they serious? I wondered, why after 10 stars there was no completion. But 3 stars in a barely 800 PP car.... Wasn't the 3 street race wins nightmare enough?

Yup they are serious. Just don't do the the trial, it is maddening

What?!?! Are they serious? I wondered, why after 10 stars there was no completion. But 3 stars in a barely 800 PP car.... Wasn't the 3 street race wins nightmare enough?

I read on here that it was requiring 3 stars in one go, as opposed to the way it's worded, so I did the auto upgrade to "A" class and got it pretty easily... Sorry I don't remember the name of the speed trap, but there's one toward the southeast on the main map that only needs about 140 mph for 3 stars and it has a decently straight run up to it from the east. Got it on the first try.

What I have trouble with is the castle danger zone. There's not enough straight run for me to get close to 3 stars (over 100' short), let alone the challenge distance. What do people use there?

I read on here that it was requiring 3 stars in one go, as opposed to the way it's worded, so I did the auto upgrade to "A" class and got it pretty easily... Sorry I don't remember the name of the speed trap, but there's one toward the southeast on the main map that only needs about 140 mph for 3 stars and it has a decently straight run up to it from the east. Got it on the first try.

What I have trouble with is the castle danger zone. There's not enough straight run for me to get close to 3 stars (over 100' short), let alone the challenge distance. What do people use there?

I've read many that used different vehicles fully upgraded and the closest I've got was 50 ft short of the regular 3 star distance, so I said eff it and moved on with my life

I used the Ferrari 599XX at X class and cleared it by 50'. I went to the far corner where the road goes right next to the castle instead of the road further away that lines up better with the road leading to the ramp. I went straight across the grass and through the little metal barriers that line the road and then went straight for the ramp. I had to use rewind a couple of times to hit the ramp correctly but eventually made it with room to spare. Going over the grass is very bumpy but it's doable.

I used a Maxed out Monaco King Cobra. It is ridiculously quick off the line plus it is ultra light, so you don't lose much momentum when you can you control the car when you cut across the grass.

I'm not sure if this has been a thing in the past, but the championship with the M3 GTR as the prize has drivetrain restrictions (front-engine, rear wheel drive only), which I've never encountered before. At least it encouraged me to use an S1 car without AWD in a championship for a change, which is good.

I'm not sure if this has been a thing in the past, but the championship with the M3 GTR as the prize has drivetrain restrictions (front-engine, rear wheel drive only), which I've never encountered before. At least it encouraged me to use an S1 car without AWD in a championship for a change, which is good.

Last week for the DS3 Racing, it was B-Class FWD, IIRC.

I used a Maxed out Monaco King Cobra. It is ridiculously quick off the line plus it is ultra light, so you don't lose much momentum when you can you control the car when you cut across the grass.

Then funniest thing about that championship was that most of the people on my friends list didn't have any cars that were set up with FR, so I seemed to be up against a bunch of cars set up for drifting, which made this a very easy championship to win. I'm happy for another M3 GTR but, I wish that it was for the regular 2005 M3 that is won by doing the drift zones. I would really like to own more than one copy of this car for different classes. I did find someone selling one on the AH but it was already gone before I could bid on it.

I finally understand how all this works, and I finally got one of the cars I've always wanted. The M-B X Class! I was a bit annoyed that the X Class could only be won by winning the co-op event against unbeatable A.I, but it wasn't hard at all.

I used the M-B Unimog with a swapped1000hp semi engine. The problem is that the A.I uses the M-B Actros which is a track vehicle with RWD and racing slicks on a dirt road. The Unimog drives circles around the Actros during this event thanks to the offroad tires and AWD.

Sorry I don't remember the name of the speed trap, but there's one toward the southeast on the main map that only needs about 140 mph for 3 stars and it has a decently straight run up to it from the east. Got it on the first try.

Astmoor...

Screenshot_2.jpg

Talk about a change in luck! In getting the 50% for the Chevy Impala I finally won the Crown Vic from a wheelspin. I still don't like the way PG locks cars like this, but at least that's over with. :cheers:

Talk about a change in luck! In getting the 50% for the Chevy Impala I finally won the Crown Vic from a wheelspin. I still don't like the way PG locks cars like this, but at least that's over with. :cheers:
I know. I hate that common cars are locked away like that. I do think they’ll have all the cars be purchasable at some point like they did in FM7. Congrats on the Impala SS, that’s the car I want for the week. That and the MP4-12C.

I did it on first try at Fortune Island like recommended before. Only 177 km/h (~110 mph) needed there. I use Agera RS for speed traps, One:1 for speed zones, also Mosler and 599XX are good choices. If possible, also for danger signs.

Been having tons of problems myself.

I want that impala so bad. I hope I can get it, as I've never gotten 50% on these seasonal events. I did the Trial (for the first time) though and that boosted my percentage quite a bit. *crossing fingers

That McLaren series is pretty tough.

If you have Forzathon points, get the P1. The car is awful, but good enough to beat the event. On the plus side, you can sell it at auction and it is guaranteed to go almost instantly. Free Cr.700,000.

That McLaren series is pretty tough.
There is a tune for the 650 S Spyder available, it is named McLaren Cup or so. Won every race on expert with ease. Comes with the widebody, which is a plus for me.

In case you haven't gotten it yet, I tuned (and shared/uploaded) mine up to 807. Then, went to a SZ I believe it was WSW of Lady of the Lake, on Fortune Island. Found out the hard way, on GB, that you can't get the credit for one you already have a 3-Star rating for. :/

I just read that Chevrolet plans to discontinue the Impala for good next year. The industry-wide demise of mid-segment sedans is so depressing. :ill:

I get why people want practical estates and crossovers, but in terms of styling they typically fall short when compared to the symmetric shape of sedans.

You guys probably already knew, but I read yesterday they're discontinuing the VW Beetle, again.

Sucks about the Impala... and Plymouth and Oldsmobile....

You guys probably already knew, but I read yesterday they're discontinuing the VW Beetle, again.

Sucks about the Impala... and Plymouth and Oldsmobile....

Yeah, and I know the Impala will never come back this time... Sucks. The last model was a gorgeous car though, so at least it retired with dignity. I still have mine and don't plan on getting rid of it. I hate to love this car so much. Even with all its flaws and 'boringness', I feel it's what a car should really be.

20170331_175316.jpg

Back