This Week's FM7 Specialty Dealer: Screaming Ferrari, Sleeper Scooby, and Mad TVR

Am I the only one who went straight to the Legacy and completely ignored the other two? :lol:

...The TVR is okay though... Not a Cerbera V8, but it's fine.

Am I the only one who went straight to the Legacy and completely ignored the other two? :lol:
I have a 22B and that's all the Subie I need, so the 458 was my pick this round. I've always loved it just because everything about that car makes it feel like such an angry beast.

...The TVR is okay though... Not a Cerbera V8, but it's fine.
I did too. It was the only thing I actually had the credits for, to be honest, but either way, it was going to be my first pick :lol:

Gee I'm not interested in this at all :lol:

picture.php

picture.php

For someone who doesn't have the game yet but is looking to get it by Christmas, can someone explain the Specialty Dealer to me? Can I still obtain my car IRL after this is gone, or do I have to wait for it to come around again?

Finaly the 458.
Waiting for the F12...
it's a bit sad to see only one TVR in Forza Franchise ATM, hoping with the launch of the new TVR some licenses issue will be fixed...

Gee I'm not interested in this at all :lol:

picture.php

picture.php

For someone who doesn't have the game yet but is looking to get it by Christmas, can someone explain the Specialty Dealer to me? Can I still obtain my car IRL after this is gone, or do I have to wait for it to come around again?

You'd either have to wait for it to come along again (either with the Specialty Dealer or a Forzathon) or bid for one in the Auction House.

Each week (updates are Tuesdays), the Specialty Dealer section offers 3 unique cars for sale. This is similar to how the "Used Car" area worked in GT games. They're there, but only for a limited time.

You'd either have to wait for it to come along again (either with the Specialty Dealer or a Forzathon) or bid for one in the Auction House.

Each week (updates are Tuesdays), the Specialty Dealer section offers 3 unique cars for sale. This is similar to how the "Used Car" area worked in GT games. They're there, but only for a limited time.

Thanks ykiki, that answers my question. I wonder how long the rotation is, the game probably hasn't been out long enough for the unique cars to repeat yet, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I do remember the used car dealer in GT4 and scouring the lists for cars I wanted. I would hate to have to rely on the auction house to get one because cars are not always available, but it's sounds like that would be the more immediate option.

Thanks ykiki, that answers my question. I wonder how long the rotation is, the game probably hasn't been out long enough for the unique cars to repeat yet, I guess we'll have to wait and see. I do remember the used car dealer in GT4 and scouring the lists for cars I wanted. I would hate to have to rely on the auction house to get one because cars are not always available, but it's sounds like that would be the more immediate option.
Definitely keep your eyes open for the Forzathon. Locked cars are awarded there, just like in the specialty dealer.

Definitely keep your eyes open for the Forzathon. Locked cars are awarded there, just like in the specialty dealer.

Will do, I'm probably going to pick this game up on Black Friday (Best Buy will have it for $35) So I'm going to miss it being in the specialty dealer by about a week unfortunately. I'll mainly be after a Switch that day (the kids want on pretty bad for Christmas) but I'll try to pick up a copy of FM7 while I'm there.

Those two are definitely on my list. I like the F12’s look more than the F12 TDF’s. Just put the TDF engine in the F12.

Indeed, and that 559 should be 599, typing too fast. I love the F12, it has a more balanced look than the TDF in my opinion.

I plan to make this every week: I've recorded all 3 cars having fun on Maple Valley. :)

I wonder if the Legacy can have a boxer 6 swap...

The original 458 is welcome. I like it more than the Speciale or the 488.

TVR Sagaris

Subaru Legacy GT

Ferrari 458 Italia

FC82307C-52EA-48F2-9876-B52B38E2CB0F.jpeg I have a question I need a answer to. I bought the 458 and put the Liberty Walk kit on it. I wanted the carbon roof look so I went to apply Decal section of the painting section. I painted the carbon carbon then went to add shapes to mask off parts of the car that I didn’t want to show carbon. But I see there are parts of the cars that weren’t painted even though I masked over them.

Now if I go back to where I can paint the car and repaint the carbon parts the same color that I masked off the parts of the car that weren’t painted are now painted.

Here’s a pic of what I’m talking about.

I plan to make this every week: I've recorded all 3 cars having fun on Maple Valley. :)

I wonder if the Legacy can have a boxer 6 swap...

The original 458 is welcome. I like it more than the Speciale or the 488.

First of all nice vids, thank you for taking the time to do that. I love the way the track looks now too.

Can some one tell me if they still have the same 2 body kits available for the Legacy that were in FM4? Also would like to know if the 3.0 R (3.0L 6cyl 5A) is an engine swap option. It definitely should be an option given that it was available in a different model option during the same model years. My neighbor has a 2015 Silver Legacy with the 3.0R engine and absolutely loves it.

And just for fun, here is a modified turbo version of the 3.0R engine that Perrin swapped into a 2005 STI WRX. In a way it's kind of useless because conservatively it only made about 400whp (which is easily attainable with the 4cylinder), but it's still a cool project car even if they didn't get to the 500whp benchmark they were looking for.

1.jpg

First of all nice vids, thank you for taking the time to do that. I love the way the track looks now too.

Can some one tell me if they still have the same 2 body kits available for the Legacy that were in FM4? Also would like to know if the 3.0 R (3.0L 6cyl 5A) is an engine swap option. It definitely should be an option given that it was available in a different model option during the same model years. My neighbor has a 2015 Silver Legacy with the 3.0R engine and absolutely loves it.

And just for fun, here is a modified turbo version of the 3.0R engine that Perrin swapped into a 2005 STI WRX. In a way it's kind of useless because conservatively it only made about 400whp (which is easily attainable with the 4cylinder), but it's still a cool project car even if they didn't get to the 500whp benchmark they were looking for.

1.jpg
Not sure about engine but it does have the same kits as FM4

The 458 is magnificent, and the widebody is glorious. Tuned up to homologation spec around maximum power (650) it still drives amazingly with stock sized tires.
Excited to get to finally drive the Sagaris again, that was a blast last I used it in FM5.

The Subaru shouldn't be in any kind of "specialty dealer". If you own or have owned one, I understand the appeal, but for everyone else, it's just a bigger, heavier, slower WRX.

The 458 is magnificent, and the widebody is glorious. Tuned up to homologation spec around maximum power (650) it still drives amazingly with stock sized tires.
Excited to get to finally drive the Sagaris again, that was a blast last I used it in FM5.

The Subaru shouldn't be in any kind of "specialty dealer". If you own or have owned one, I understand the appeal, but for everyone else, it's just a bigger, heavier, slower WRX.
I don't own any Subaru and have always been pleased by the Legacy, more so than the WRX in some cases, to be honest.

The difference in curb weight between a Legacy GT and a WRX is pretty negligible actually, 3300 to 3261 lbs.

As for the slower bit, a stock 2005 WRX is about 221hp versus the Legacy GT's 250hp. WRX has a 0-60 time of about 6.2 seconds versus the Legacy GT's 0-60 time of 5.8 secs. The only thing true about your statement is that it's bigger. The legacy is about 12" longer than the WRX.

I don't own any Subaru and have always been pleased by the Legacy, more so than the WRX in some cases, to be honest.
Regardless of the constant flow of people online that like the inferior racing car, for purposes of speed and racing pretty much everyone is going for the WRX.
You know, like I could call a Yugo a piece of crap and someone would pop up stating how much they adored Yugo's.

In any case, I just don't understand the plethora of average DD's that are apparently going to be specialty dealer cars. Like the new Dodge Dart.

The difference in curb weight between a Legacy GT and a WRX is pretty negligible actually, 3300 to 3261 lbs.

As for the slower bit, a stock 2005 WRX is about 221hp versus the Legacy GT's 250hp. WRX has a 0-60 time of about 6.2 seconds versus the Legacy GT's 0-60 time of 5.8 secs. The only thing true about your statement is that it's bigger. The legacy is about 12" longer than the WRX.
Oh look, somebody that cherry-picked cars to form a false positive for the Legacy.
Anyone that knows anything about Subaru's, knows if it's not an STI it doesn't count. But you needed to use the car you picked out, to be "right".

I didn't know the Legacy was a fanatics car. I stand corrected. lock that crown jewel up baby!

Regardless of the constant flow of people online that like the inferior racing car, for purposes of speed and racing pretty much everyone is going for the WRX.
Every car is inferior to something, that wasn't really the point though. If anything, this is underrated, considering the opinion you put forth. It can easily be a nice fast car, just as capable as an STi Impreza, in my opinion. Seems Subaru even thought so as well, considering there's actually an STi variant.

Styling wise its a much more pleasing car, even if it is(or isn't) a slower car. It always looked more well-executed than the WRX's of that gen, to be honest.

Oh look, somebody that cherry-picked cars to form a false positive for the Legacy.
Can't really blame the guy for comparing it to a car you said though, can you?

You know, like I could call a Yugo a piece of crap and someone would pop up stating how much they adored Yugo's.

In any case, I just don't understand the plethora of average DD's that are apparently going to be specialty dealer cars. Like the new Dodge Dart.

Anyone that knows anything about Subaru's, knows if it's not an STI it doesn't count. But you needed to use the car you picked out, to be "right".

I didn't know the Legacy was a fanatics car. I stand corrected. lock that crown jewel up baby!

Wow, you're an argumentative one aren't you. I didn't cherry pick anything, you said "WRX" in your post. If you meant to compare it to the STI, then you should've said STI because they are two different engines, but I guess I am supposed to be a mind-reader....

I suppose you also think it's fair to compare the performance of an STI versus a Legacy when they are in two different price brackets, a $3000- $4000 difference, but that's besides the point

As for you last statement, you obviously know very little about Subaru's racing lineage, you really should educate yourself on the topic before making statements like that. You probably thought Colin Mcrea's first time racing in a Subaru was in the 1995 Impreza

Colin-McRae-Works-1992-Subaru-Legacy.jpg

N484.jpg

Last edited:
My neighbor actually has Silver 2015 WRX. It used to be there was a significant gap in performance between the two models, all of that changed in 2009 when the WRX received a significant boost in HP to 268 (from 221) and the STI model stayed at 305 HP. I was also surprised to learn that his was equipped with a 6 speed MT, I'm not sure when Subaru started offering the WRX with a 6spd, but I know it was previously only available as a 5spd. What I'm saying is the performance gap between the WRX and the STI has gotten smaller over the years while the price difference between the two has gotten much larger, 2015 MRSP on the WRX is 28K versus the 2015 MSRP on the STI is over 34K. The WRX is a perfectly fine offering for those who want a little performance in their DD on a smaller budget.

Thought I'd share this Road and Track article, they dyno'd the WRX and the STI and found some very surprising differences. They seem to think for regular daily driving that the WRX might actually be BETTER than the STI:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/car-comparison-tests/reviews/a6306/2015-subaru-wrx-vs-sti/

Not much of a difference in qtr mile times for 6 grand more

Quarter-Mile

13.7 seconds @ 99.5 MPH -WRX

13.3 seconds @ 102.8 mph -STI

Reading your posts, it looks like there's something you haven't quite figured out yet. EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT TASTES. It doesn't make them wrong. It doesn't make them right. It just makes them different. It's the differences that make this fun. If everyone had exactly the same tastes, would it be more exciting? No it would not. It would be dull. Dull. Dull. My God it would be dull, it would be so desperately dull and tedious and stuffy and boring and desperately DULL.

That's why I love the variety, and I love hearing everyone's different takes on cars. Even yours. But not if you're going to be this childish about people preferring cars you don't like.

Very well said, that is part of what make cars so fun, the variety. I've owned a variety of cars over the years, a Dodge, A Ford, a Mazda, two Toyotas and 4 Subarus, (1997 Impreza, a 2005 Legacy GT, A 2009 Forester and a 2008 Tribeca), I'm not just fanatical about Subarus, I'm fanatical about cars in general. Playing racing games like GT and Forza is just an extension of that love for cars. I think if you polled a lot of people here at this site you would probably hear some very similar thoughts.

Reading your posts, it looks like there's something you haven't quite figured out yet. EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT TASTES. It doesn't make them wrong. It doesn't make them right. It just makes them different. It's the differences that make this fun. If everyone had exactly the same tastes, would it be more exciting? No it would not. It would be dull. Dull. Dull. My God it would be dull, it would be so desperately dull and tedious and stuffy and boring and desperately DULL.

That's why I love the variety, and I love hearing everyone's different takes on cars. Even yours. But not if you're going to be this childish about people preferring cars you don't like.
I don't have a problem with variety. I have a problem with the fact that something can be desperately unpopular, yet if you say you dislike it or call it anything other than awesome, you'll still find a group of people on the internet ready to defend it to their death.

I'm not calling the Legacy desperately unpopular, for the multitude that might think about deciding that's what this means.

Wow, you're an argumentative one aren't you. I didn't cherry pick anything, you said "WRX" in your post. If you meant to compare it to the STI, then you should've said STI because they are two different engines, but I guess I am supposed to be a mind-reader....
No, of course, you had to assume I meant the one that is slower. Because that's what makes sense. Yup.
:)

I suppose you also think it's fair to compare the performance of an STI versus a Legacy when they are in two different price brackets, a $3000- $4000 difference, but that's besides the point
I don't care?
I said it's not a specialty dealer type car. It's not.

It's neither rare, or difficult to acquire. It's also not worth much money. Nothing about this Legacy warrants being a specialty dealer car.

As for you last statement, you obviously know very little about Subaru's racing lineage, you really should educate yourself on the topic before making statements like that. You probably thought Colin Mcrea's first time racing in a Subaru was in the 1995 Impreza
I don't care?
Tell me how Colin Mcrae driving a 1995 anything makes a regular 2005 Subaru Legacy a car fit for the specialty dealer?
Or how it makes Legacy's better than Impreza's? Subaru will tell you the Impreza is their top car.

I didn't ask if you like it.

Latest Posts

Back