This Week's FM7 Specialty Dealer: Screaming Ferrari, Sleeper Scooby, and Mad TVR

I don't care?
I said it's not a specialty dealer type car. It's not.

It's neither rare, or difficult to acquire. It's also not worth much money. Nothing about this Legacy warrants being a specialty dealer car.

I hope you're ready to say the same about the 2004 Honda Civic, 2013 MX-5, Jeep Wrangler, and the 2013 Renault Clio because those are also "common" cars that are still locked and will likely appear in the Specialty Dealer at some point in the future. The Nissan S14 coming up isn't exactly rare either.

Honestly, I wouldn't take the "Specialty" part too literally. After all, there are plenty of rare cars in this game that you can buy in unrealistic quantities if you have the money. If it actually lived up to being the only place where “rare and difficult to acquire cars” can be obtained (like pretty much everything in Tier 4 and 5, for exmaple) then you would have a lot more people with their pitchforks and torches out right now.

Last edited:
Yeah. The Legacy has a lot more character, aside from the racing pedigree of the Impreza. I will take the Legacy over the Impreza anytime. Got both the RS and the GT now. Made a Legacy Blitzen RSK lookalike with the new one XD

And there is a 6-cylinder Boxer option. I just feel it's a bit overkill as it is a racing Porsche engine. It is also N/A. Not sure if it was Forza 3 or 4 that had a legit Subaru boxer 6 swap for the Legacy.

I don't have a problem with variety. I have a problem with the fact that something can be desperately unpopular, yet if you say you dislike it or call it anything other than awesome, you'll still find a group of people on the internet ready to defend it to their death.

I'm not calling the Legacy desperately unpopular, for the multitude that might think about deciding that's what this means.

It sounds like you do have a problem with variety, at least your entire first post in this thread comes off that way. Good thing you're not calling the Legacy desperately unpopular, because you would be wrong. The Outback, Forester and the Legacy all consistently outsell the Impreza year after year, and it's been this way for a long time.

No, of course, you had to assume I meant the one that is slower. Because that's what makes sense. Yup.

The Legacy GT is more often compared with the WRX because they are in the same price bracket, with similar performance, that is what makes sense. I didn't assume anything, I took your post exactly as you said it. Maybe next time you should take more time to convey your point more accurately rather than leaving others to guess at what you meant?

I don't care?
I said it's not a specialty dealer type car. It's not.

Apparently Turn 10 disagrees with you.

It's neither rare, or difficult to acquire. It's also not worth much money. Nothing about this Legacy warrants being a specialty dealer car.

Real world value has never been a criteria for how Turn 10 selects cars for special events. In my opinion, Turn 10 has always done a good job catering to the interests of it's fan base by selecting a variety of cars for these types of events. Perhaps they are listening to their community by offering more affordable cars in the specialty dealer, that's my guess.

I don't care?
Tell me how Colin Mcrae driving a 1995 anything makes a regular 2005 Subaru Legacy a car fit for the specialty dealer?
Or how it makes Legacy's better than Impreza's? Subaru will tell you the Impreza is their top car.

Because it's an important part of Subaru's racing history, again Turn 10 obviously disagrees with you. I don't think Turn 10 expects you to like every car they select for these types of events, they are simply trying to cater to as many people in their fan base as they can by offering a variety. If you end up liking 2/3 cars, then they have done their job well.

Back