This Week's GT Sport Mileage Exchange: Mustang Gr.3 Road Car and More

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Gary Slater (@AudiMan2011) on November 28th, 2017 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.
Honestly not a fan of them just taking GR3 and rally cars and making them road cars. If that's the case just paint a GR3 car. I would rather have the cars go back to the non premiums from GT4 and so on, that show up in mileage exchange.

My OCD won't stop nagging me for the last 4 cars I need. Thankfully the Mustang is one of them. It looks like to buy every car you need just under $90Mil. ($89,818,160)

Jerome

Honestly not a fan of them just taking GR3 and rally cars and making them road cars. If that's the case just paint a GR3 car. I would rather have the cars go back to the non premiums from GT4 and so on, that show up in mileage exchange.
The interior/ exteriors are different and they don't perform like rally/ Gr 3 cars

For me its even worse with the VGTs. If you are trying to buy every car out there like I did, some manufacturers besides a showroom also have a VGT showroom separately. So you end up paying 1 million for the VGT gr.x car in the showroom. If they have a separate Vison GT car showroom, you are literally buying the same exact car with same decals...except one is called VGT GR.X and the other just ModelName VGT....so you end up spending 2 million for one same car. Makes no sense.

For me its even worse with the VGTs. If you are trying to buy every car out there like I did, some manufacturers besides a showroom also have a VGT showroom separately. So you end up paying 1 million for the VGT gr.x car in the showroom. If they have a separate Vison GT car showroom, you are literally buying the same exact car with same decals...except one is called VGT GR.X and the other just ModelName VGT....so you end up spending 2 million for one same car. Makes no sense.

The Gr.3/Gr.B have different specs from the Road Cars. Spoilers, interiors & details as well. Just as the VGT Gr.X versus the VGT Gr.3's/Gr.1's. Road cars & Gr.X's are typically heavier & more powerful than the Gr. Race cars as well, but lacking in adjustable aero.

I'd like to see more cosmetic additions to GT Sport beyond wheels. Nothing outrageous, more along the lines of OEM extras and some of the more respected aftermarket brands.

Last edited:
Just think of a Gr. 3 Road Car as the high end racing package you can buy for a car. Like having a Corvette ZR1 instead of a base level trim Corvette.

Back