THREAD DELETED. QUESTION RESOLVED. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Hello, I have noticed pixelations in the reflection of the hood of my car.
This becomes more evident when I use the view where I only see the front of my car and the entire exterior is reflected.
Reflections are rendered slow and pixelated.
Also notice this ugly effect on the roof of rival cars in races.

Does this happen to anyone else?View attachment 1234401

Yes and the render animations are in 30 fps or even less. The same with motion blur behind the car as well. Another proof that we are not playing a next gen game.

Last edited:
During race the reflection run in 60fps except for cockpitview. But it seems there turned down the resolution for reflections.
Another downgrade…
Probably in favor for Vr

Reflections are very expensive to render. Even on lighter sims like Assetto Corsa people typically leave them on "low FPS" and resolution in VR because they're just not worth the performance hit. Same goes for mirrors of course, it sucks that they look the way they do, but the other option would be to make everything else about the picture worse just to bring the mirror quality up a notch.

The game could be better optimized for sure, and they made some very weird decisions with antialiasing, blur etc. IMO, same as RE8 and Horizon. This thing (PSVR2) can look so much sharper than what people are currently getting in these games, GT7's showroom being a good example.

Last edited:
Np @vprkl
It was predictable that this happens because of the 30fps reflection in cockpit view on flatscreen, they have to lower the resolution for reflection in vr otherwise it will brake the fps.
But for flatscreen its not okay that this happens.

If you really want performance comparable to a 3000€ gaming PC, I'll suggest coughing up the money and building that said PC instead of trying to cheapskate it with a 600€ console and complaining about how bad it is.

Alternatively build a 600€ gaming PC using only brand new parts and get ready for a reality check about how well GT7 really runs for the price.

If you really want performance comparable to a 3000€ gaming PC, I'll suggest coughing up the money and building that said PC instead of trying to cheapskate it with a 600€ console and complaining about how bad it is.

Alternatively build a 600€ gaming PC using only brand new parts and get ready for a reality check about how well GT7 really runs for the price.
Thats not the point, it was good before the patch and they downgraded it.

The game has always had half-rate reflections. Since day ONE. John from DF said it is because the game has reflections inside the car, on the materials that are chrome and or reflective, like center consoles, speedometers, etc.

Tell me what racing game on console has real-time cubemaps inside the car on the cockpit view? On GT7 you can sometimes see your helmet reflecting on the speedometers. That's why concessions had to be made, and reflections look 30fps on outside the car, ONLY on cockpit view.

About the pixelated thing, it's just the way it is as it is using cubemaps. Screen Space reflections like a lot of other games use could look better. FH5 has better looking cubemaps, but they are simpler - they are reflecting what the camera sees (sometimes the reflection will look wrong, out of place). GT is trying to reflect the outside of the cars, the track exactly where it is. It is the closest looking to ray-tracing in functionality, unfortunately it looks much worse than camera cubemaps or SSr.

@Galvston

You are right in that sense that gt7 hade the best reflection but since the last patch the reflection seems more like quater res then half res during race.
Gt7 hade bounce light in cockpitview from the colour of the suit and it got removed arround patch 1.14.
It got downgraded after release in some areas to fit older machines like from 20 down to 16 grid because ps4 cant handle it and now it got downgraded in reflection because of Vr.

It is still a good looking game but these downgrades because of other hardware stuff is not ok.

I pay close attention to geographic details in games and I can assure you that I never saw those pixelations. And I always played from the cockpit.

Here many people say that there has been a graphic downgrade with this patch to improve VR.
No one is saying that. It's always been exactly like that, you didn't pay attention enough I guess. It's always been one of my problems with the game

I pay close attention to geographic details in games and I can assure you that I never saw those pixelations. And I always played from the cockpit.

Here many people say that there has been a graphic downgrade with this patch to improve VR.
Im a graphics whore mate, i also pay close attention to this type of stuff. Doing tokyo hundreds of times, watching the reflections pop into view as you race through the buildings. I would have noticed it.

Different cars can make a difference too, some have more pronounced reflections that make it easier to see imperfections in the reflection quality.

Not only that but im 99% sure VR would have its own preset and not share the 2d settings.
Seeing as though VR works differently and all. So yeah cant see how visuals would be affected by VR in anyway.

Last edited:
The game has always had half-rate reflections. Since day ONE. John from DF said it is because the game has reflections inside the car, on the materials that are chrome and or reflective, like center consoles, speedometers, etc.

Tell me what racing game on console has real-time cubemaps inside the car on the cockpit view? On GT7 you can sometimes see your helmet reflecting on the speedometers. That's why concessions had to be made, and reflections look 30fps on outside the car, ONLY on cockpit view.

About the pixelated thing, it's just the way it is as it is using cubemaps. Screen Space reflections like a lot of other games use could look better. FH5 has better looking cubemaps, but they are simpler - they are reflecting what the camera sees (sometimes the reflection will look wrong, out of place). GT is trying to reflect the outside of the cars, the track exactly where it is. It is the closest looking to ray-tracing in functionality, unfortunately it looks much worse than camera cubemaps or SSr.
Great post! People really don't have an understanding of how "expensive" these features are in terms of processing power.

A lot of people seem to want 50 cars on track, with dynamic weather, elite AI, reflective surfaces everywhere, billions of individual blades of grass up to 500 yards past the edge of the track all while maintaining a constant 60 FPS... And judging by how the PSVR2 threads have gone, you want all that performance for $200.99... It's laughably unrealistic.

@sonnyboychris
You are halfway right.
Then the limitation is not the ps5 hardware, it is the 7 year old ps4 engine thats on its limits. There is not much room for improvements. Pd tweeks one end and another suffers.
The next Gt or a overhauld 2.0 version of gt7 will show the strengs of the ps5.

Back