PlayStation 5 "Long-Term Supply Issues" Are Resolved, says Jim Ryan

Terronium-12

For My Mom, Always
United States
Brooklyn, NY
KR_Viper
I Renown I
Last edited:
With GPU prices coming back down why buy a PS5 with basically an RTX 5700 XT in it? I'm glad that GT7 came out on PS4 as it would have been my primary reason for getting a PS5. I treated myself to a mid tier gpu during lockdown and the pc gaming experience is way better. I wish I would have listened to people earlier....

With GPU prices coming back down why buy a PS5 with basically an RTX 5700 XT in it? I'm glad that GT7 came out on PS4 as it would have been my primary reason for getting a PS5. I treated myself to a mid tier gpu during lockdown and the pc gaming experience is way better. I wish I would have listened to people earlier....
I like console gaming cause its cheap and simple.

I'm in exactly the same position with Gran Turismo 7 on the Pro. So instead of worrying about getting a PS5 I started using my PC more.

The game library alone on PC is worth making the effort for.

I went the opposite way. Even though I got a GPU, I'm tending to use the PS5 more. Then again after I moved past GT7, it did take me over 3 months to finish horizon forbidden west.

Though a blue screen issue on the PC has me a bit stumped and not that eager to get back. I thought it was a memory issue, but I tested the memory again yesterday and there were no errors.

It's too late Sony. GT7 works just fine on the PS4 Pro, & PS5 has no games that I want to play. I'll wait 'till its $199
images.png

Last edited:
Been saying from the beginning... At least a year before GT7 was even released, it just made sense to me from all perspectives that GT7 be released on both consoles.

I am not buying pS5 only for GT7
The only way would be if GT7 can be played on PSVR2...

They can delay asuch as they want...
Im Not in a rush right now to be spending money at all...

Sony can take their time on this...i don't care... Completely satisfied with the ps4 pro

This is good for those who had issues getting one.
For those that say PS4 is better than the PS5 because of this.
I have to say, I got me the PS5 since my PS4 ended up giving me the White light of death so instead of getting a used or referb PS4 I went with PS5 even if there are no games for the PS5, I mean ps4 games work on it too.

I like console gaming cause its cheap and simple.
But it's not, it's precisely the opposite.

I often get free games from epic, gog and other launchers and the deals that regularly pop up for bundles are immense. And then there's the price tag for new games, it's almost always cheaper on the pc.

I think I'm about to sell my ps5 because GT 7 was such a huge disappointment, and both PD and Kaz have NO idea what they are doing, which leads me to believe there is little to no hope going forward for the game and franchise.
I'll spend that money on a new gpu, likely the 7900 xtx with the change I get from my old gpu too.

There is rumor that next year there will be only one model of the PS5 that can be done in a way where it's a physical and digital edition in one.
Modular they say.
That will then increase the price and have more issues I think.

There is rumor that next year there will be only one model of the PS5 that can be done in a way where it's a physical and digital edition in one.
Modular they say.
That will then increase the price and have more issues I think.

It should actually reduce the price (on Sony’s end) - just one configuration to produce (basically the current digital edition) and then they can charge those who want it for the separate bluray drive.

It’s interesting how the car industry and Sony seemed to still be troubled by this and note he didn’t say anything about the EU - there hasnt be a shortage of chips in PCs or phones for over a year and a bit now so perhaps Sony didn’t secure supplies quickly enough.

I can see you guys are PS5 owners not happy about the Pro - a couple of links to stories, it’s not if it’s when and the only grey is the specification - rumored to be powered by a new AMD GPU that will 120fps @2160 but not certain - the more extreme rumor is not 1 but 2 GPUs - be quite a machine if Sony could find the chips to build it

you have to remember Sony now isn’t the Sony of old that built itself to be one of most respected electronic companies on the planet - also the word is Microsoft will do the same with the X as well

I can see you guys are PS5 owners not happy about the Pro - a couple of links to stories, it’s not if it’s when and the only grey is the specification - rumored to be powered by a new AMD GPU that will 120fps @2160 but not certain - the more extreme rumor is not 1 but 2 GPUs - be quite a machine if Sony could find the chips to build it

you have to remember Sony now isn’t the Sony of old that built itself to be one of most respected electronic companies on the planet - also the word is Microsoft will do the same with the X as well
Modular PS5 =/= PS5 Pro/Sllim. For all you know it's just the exact same console, but modular. It's also just rumours.

As for that second article, it's rather bad. But not surprising for an unheard of Chinese phone blog. Full of factual innacuracies (Sony never promised 8K gaming) and guessing/speculation. Nothing concrete at all, just the guy from Sony vaguely saying 2023 will be "very important" for PS5. Which could mean anything, from PSVR2 to just the general software releases.

Where are your sources on this new AMD GPU or dual GPU?

Oh and no, I don't even have a PS5. I've no horse in this.

I went the opposite way. Even though I got a GPU, I'm tending to use the PS5 more. Then again after I moved past GT7, it did take me over 3 months to finish horizon forbidden west.

Though a blue screen issue on the PC has me a bit stumped and not that eager to get back. I thought it was a memory issue, but I tested the memory again yesterday and there were no errors.
A virus program clash perhaps? I had this issue.

I can see you guys are PS5 owners not happy about the Pro
My PC was about par with both consoles before they even came out. I may get a SeX at some point but it will most likely just be used as a BD player; but I do not have and likely never will have interest in owning a PS5.

rumored to be powered by a new AMD GPU that will 120fps @2160 but not certain
This console generation, which has been defined overwhelmingly by constant supply shortages, extreme supply costs (see: Sony raising PS5 prices two years after launch, Microsoft alluding to possibly doing so next year) as well as significant problems actually delivering consoles around the world, is not going to have the market further divided up with multiple new SKUs for performance gains that would be imperceptible to most. Indeed, that's why Sony would make a modular PS5 in the first place: They can yank the BD drive, do everything with less parts differentiation, pass the cost savings onto themselves and then charge the consumer extra to have feature parity with the current top spec model if they want it. It's the same reason nearly every car has power windows and door locks nowadays; because it's cheaper to do that than to engineer and inventory and implement multiple versions of multiple doors. Sony probably will make the console less of a humongous pig as well, to drastically lower shipping costs. This is all sidestepping that the PC hardware generations following the things inside the PS5/Xbox have had significant performance gains but they have tied hand in hand with significantly increase power usage/heat generation and an extreme swing upward in development costs.

And since you broached the topic, yes, I do think there would be significant consumer backlash to Sony (or Microsoft) rolling out marginally better performing "Pro" model of the PS5 when 95% of its software library after 2 years is still ports of PS4 games running at a higher resolution and/or framerate.

the more extreme rumor is not 1 but 2 GPUs - be quite a machine if Sony could find the chips to build it

Multi GPU rendering has been dead in the PC space for years now. Absolutely top spec Prosumer cards don't even have it anymore. For AMD it's been dead for a decade. Consoles will never go to it again. The power usage, the complexity required in designing games for it, the insane heat output in a space that needs to be compact... It's not an extreme rumor. It's complete nonsense; up there with the people who insisted that the PS4 was so powerful at launch that it was 4K ready.

They certainly will not as a mid-generation high spec option when developers are already bitching about the Series S being too different from the core consoles because it has a worse GPU solution than the rest; nevermind most of the software on the market still being constrained by needing to run on hardware that was bad when it was new in 2013.

Last edited:
It feels like the people so convinced a PS5 Pro is guaranteed within the next year or so, they are the same ones who've been swearing blind for years that a Switch Pro will be announced.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see a PS5 Pro within a couple of years. The PS5 is good but it’s not super powerful or anything, it’s more like a low-mid tier PC.

Last edited:
It's extremely powerful when barely any developers have taken advantage of its capabilities beyond "runs PS4 and XBone games really good"

Back