Thread Inactive/Closed

• Thread starter Rinsky
  • 718 comments
I'm pretty confident that if you get more practice with it, you will be faster with a wheel. At least that's what it was like with me, slow in the beginning.

I 100% agree. It will take some time to get a handle on the limits of using a wheel. Having the force feedback and other Settings to my liking will also help tremendously.

I also wanted to point out that the Toyota 86 is a very small car compared to most in the game. Because of that side by side racing should be much easier as there is plenty of room for two car around the entire track. I was playing around with that last night too in a custom race with the wheel and never touched another car.

What's your time, @Venster? I know you are likely to be faster than me.
Finally hooked up a somewhat decent lap tonight.
DSCPDC_0003_BURST20180918004026400_COVER.JPG

That is an amazing time !! Should be top 3 for sure. I think there are 2 drivers who can top that. One of them is not driving the first season.

@Rinsky: you keep saying 1 minute, but it really is 2 minutes. You can edit almost every posting you made lol :)

I also wanted to point out that the Toyota 86 is a very small car compared to most in the game. Because of that side by side racing should be much easier as there is plenty of room for two car around the entire track.
We even had 3 cars next to each other on the straights without problems !

I have only done few laps and this is definitely not my track, I’m learning that and the car at the same time. I avoid Bathurst!.

I was very inconsistent at best but managed a 2.33.5, still more to work on. I’m better in the race cars to be honest, will be much more like it in your GR3 race 👍

That is an amazing time !! Should be top 3 for sure. I think there are 2 drivers who can top that. One of them is not driving the first season.

@Rinsky: you keep saying 1 minute, but it really is 2 minutes. You can edit almost every posting you made lol :)

We even had 3 cars next to each other on the straights without problems !

I would guess more than 2 people, the races are long and about being consistent, so let's see :lol:

I have only done few laps and this is definitely not my track, I’m learning that and the car at the same time. I avoid Bathurst!.

I was very inconsistent at best but managed a 2.33.5, still more to work on. I’m better in the race cars to be honest, will be much more like it in your GR3 race 👍
Just what I thought, you will catch up with me quickly. If the stars align i could do a 1.31.9 but that's basically it for me.

Bathurst is definitely not one of my favorite tracks. I continue to struggle with the layout. I’ll be practicing to see what kind of times I can pull off, but I’m afraid it won’t be too impressive

Just my luck to join a series with a lot of aliens.

It makes you a better driver in the end. Plus not everyone is an alien so you will have plenty of people to race against. The track has alot to do with it as well because its very technical. There will be other tracks when that gap will not be as big.

Attention Everyone
I will be hosting a Race Practice session

Tomorrow, Tuesday September 18th

3:00 pm EST Eastern Standard Time

8:00 pm BST British Standard Time

7:00 pm UTC Universal Time Coordinated

We will be going over and testing any technical difficulties before the practice race. I want to get all issues address and fixed before the actual race day

This will be a 40 minute test race at Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
For anyone that wishes to attend.

Bathurst is definitely not one of my favorite tracks. I continue to struggle with the layout. I’ll be practicing to see what kind of times I can pull off, but I’m afraid it won’t be too impressive
It's not my favorite either but that's also why there are (normally) three races in one night with one being reverse grid. Many opportunities to get points!

I will be putting up the next season's schedule of tracks when we are halfway through Season 1. With the first week having one less race to get points, we are giving everyone extra notice to practice the first track of the next season if they want to. To make the most of the two races instead of three. Hope that all makes sense.

Please note there has been an adjustment made to the lobby settings.

Drive Line as been added to acceptable assist that can be used during the race.

Drive Line, ABS, TC

Hello everyone. I would like to join the Toyota 86 Racing Series. I play "sport mode" on GTS a few hours per week and Macboyilja is always tempting me to join racing leagues on GTplanet. So I did last sunday in the MINI se7en. Allthough we had huge bug problems I really enjoyed the racing. Later that night we did a race on Bathurst with around 8 people in the Toyota 86. Really like it so now I want to join.

My PSN name is Booonus.

I still have to make a livery for my car and don't really know how to post it here.

Welcome aboard Booonus ! I hope there is room left for you in lobby 1. We need your car number as well.

@Nick Cannella dont worry. I started of with 2:40 as well. Because of the practice sessions I could work away seconds. So I would suggest you to also join the official and unofficial practice lobbies.

Hello everyone. I would like to join the Toyota 86 Racing Series. I play "sport mode" on GTS a few hours per week and Macboyilja is always tempting me to join racing leagues on GTplanet. So I did last sunday in the MINI se7en. Allthough we had huge bug problems I really enjoyed the racing. Later that night we did a race on Bathurst with around 8 people in the Toyota 86. Really like it so now I want to join.

My PSN name is Booonus.

I still have to make a livery for my car and don't really know how to post it here.

Glad you could join us. We still have spots available so your definitely in. Just get with Macboyilija to help you with your photos. I will need your race number and a sponsor if you want one.

Glad you could join us. We still have spots available so your definitely in. Just get with Macboyilija to help you with your photos. I will need your race number and a sponsor if you want one.

Thanks!!

PSN: Booonus
Number #69
Lobby #1
Sponsor not sure yet

I did a quick few laps yesterday and got 1:36.0 as my best, but that was still not great and involved hitting the wall multiple times. I’m still a manual transmission rookie, I only switched from automatic like 2 weeks ago, so it’ll be a while till I’m back where I was. I’m generally always within a few tenths of @Venster though.

I’ve been playing very little GT since the FIA ended, I’ve mostly been playing Dirt 4 lately

I did a quick few laps yesterday and got 1:36.0 as my best, but that was still not great and involved hitting the wall multiple times. I’m still a manual transmission rookie, I only switched from automatic like 2 weeks ago, so it’ll be a while till I’m back where I was. I’m generally always within a few tenths of @Venster though.

I’ve been playing very little GT since the FIA ended, I’ve mostly been playing Dirt 4 lately

Should be even quicker when you come to grips with the shifting, nice stuff 👍

Just what I thought, you will catch up with me quickly. If the stars align i could do a 1.31.9 but that's basically it for me.

Not sure you’ve got a good time there

I meant the qualify sorry. Not the finish.

@Venster: you talk as if its a bad time ? There are at least 8 people here struggling to get under 2:36 ... and you do a 2:33 at your worst.

Impressive :bowdown:

I’m happy enough with that time, try to set myself high standards never happy with any lap time!!

Don’t worry, I switched to manual for the first time on GTS when I was still using a controller. It took a while to adjust but pretty soon it just feels natural, my first race using it felt so manic!!

Practice will begin in 3 hours from now. Also sent out a Message to everyone on the PS4.

Doubt I can make this but interested to hear some results, if I’m on I will pop in the lobby.

Back