Three favourite songs of all timeMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 145 comments
  • 7,296 views
I have so many favorites that it's truly hard to pick three, but I'll go for it. I guess they are as follows:

- The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony
- Orbital - Halcyon & On & On
- Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner

Three songs that I've had on my iPod forever and haven't got bored of listening to.
 
Rush-Working Man
Rush-2112
Rush-La Villa Strangiato


Does that say anything about me? :p
 
Camaroyenko
Rush-Working Man
Rush-2112
Rush-La Villa Strangiato

Does that say anything about me? :p

Tom Sawyer is good too =)
 
1. "My Favorite Things" - John Coltrane
2. "Spanish Joint" - D'Angelo
3. "Nag Champa" - Miguel Atwood Ferguson & Carlos Nino
 
Heres mine

1) Wake me up when september ends - Green day
2) Lucky man - The Verve
3) Sweet child o' mine - Guns n' Roses

:)
 
I'm not sure, I like a lot of music, but I guess if I had to choose my three favorite, they would be(in no particular order):

Echoes-Pink Floyd, Pink Floyd is my favorite band, so it was hard to choose my favorite song of theirs, but it had to be this.

Bat Out of Hell-Meat Loaf, I just love this song, one of the reasons being it is a great driving song!

When the Levee Breaks-Led Zeppelin, by far my favorite Led Zeppelin song, and I used to listen to it constantly.

Considered: Dogs-Pink Floyd, Pretty Vacant-Sex Pistols, 2 Minutes to Midnight-Iron Maiden, Optimistic-Radiohead
 
Considered: Dogs-Pink Floyd, Pretty Vacant-Sex Pistols

I know I'm a bit of a hypocrite for saying this, being both a big fan of both the Floyd and the Pistols, but I can't help but find it surreal to see 'Dogs', which is one of Pink Floyd's most ridiculously long songs, next to 'Pretty Vacant'.
 
Animals is a magnificent album! "Sheep"'nearly made my list. Goofy spoken part or not, the riffs in that song are fantastic and combine well with some of Waters' best bass work.
 
Animals is a magnificent album! "Sheep"'nearly made my list. Goofy spoken part or not, the riffs in that song are fantastic and combine well with some of Waters' best bass work.

Yeah, I agree. Animals is probably my favorite album ever!
 
Animals is a magnificent album! "Sheep"'nearly made my list. Goofy spoken part or not, the riffs in that song are fantastic and combine well with some of Waters' best bass work.

Sheep's a great song, although I'd probably prefer it if it didn't have that aforementioned goofy spoken part... :grumpy:
 
Sheep's a great song, although I'd probably prefer it if it didn't have that aforementioned goofy spoken part... :grumpy:

Yep... Biblical Karate Veal Cutlets. Doesn't quite work does it?
 
If I'm honest that goofy spoken word part just about sums up the problem I've always had with Animals, which is that it feels like it started out as a really punky EP (remember it came out in 1977 as well), but they realised that the punks would never listen to anything by Pink Floyd and what they had would alienate their existing fans...

I still have visions of Roger Waters screaming "We've got to make it Progressive!" two weeks before release; obviously that's not what happened, but it feels like it did when I listen to the album. Too much of a dissonance for me between the different parts of songs for the album to work cohesively.

Animals is a magnificent album! "Sheep"'nearly made my list. Goofy spoken part or not, the riffs in that song are fantastic and combine well with some of Waters' best bass work.

I think Gilmour played bass on Sheep. Sorry if I shattered anything for you. I might be wrong. I'll check.
 
Last edited:
I think Gilmour played bass on Sheep. Sorry if I shattered anything for you. I might be wrong. I'll check.

No shattering at all! In fact, I'd like it of Gilmour played that bassline. Always like him much more than Waters anyway.
 
My top 3 (for now, and in no particular order) is:

*Metallica - The Call of Ktulu - S&M Version (which then goes to Master of Puppets, so there's a 2-for-1)
*Metallica - Sad But True
*The Beatles - I Want You (She's So Heavy) <- The title goes like that, just in case you're wondering ;)
 
I heard a sweet live version of "I want you (she's so heavy)" that was amazing, so much darker than the album version, almost creepy.
 
Not in any specific order but I would choose....
1. Turbo Lover/ Judas Priest
2. Kickstart My Heart/ Motely Crue
3. Youth Gone Wild/ Skid Row
There are WAY TOO MANY GOOD SONGS to name the best, in my opinion, and these are some of them.
 
Ice Cube - Today Was A Good Day
Jay-Z - Dead Presidents
Devlin - London City Part 2.
 
Last edited:
Led Zeppelin- The Rover
Joe Walsh- Life's Been Good
Grand Funk Railroad- I'm Your Captain/Closer to Home.
 
Phil Collins - Hijo de Hombre (Son of man)
Goldfinger - 99 Red Balloons
Carajo - Triste (Sad)
 
Ulrich Schnauss - A Million Miles Away
Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
Covenant - 20 Hz


First one was easy, but I had to really think about what other 2 songs I'd rank among my top 3. So many choices...
 
Hells Bells - Ac/Dc
In Bloom - Nirvana
patience- guns N roses
 
Pink Floyd - Echoes
Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb
Porcupine Tree - Russia On Ice
 
This is damn near impossible for me, but if I have to choose:



 
Last edited:
The Killers - Human
The Hives - Tick Tick Boom
Porter Robinson - Language
 
Back