Three screenshots wanted...

How does this look?

Attachments

• tsukuba-p.jpg
    tsukuba-p.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 111
I've notice a couple of other replay tricks (bear with me if you already know of these).

You can turn off the "Prologue" logo in place of other metrics - Accel, Brake, RPM, Speed, Gear, etc.

By hitting shoulder buttons during replay, you can toggle views from: fender views (facing back left and right. There's the normal forward view plus roof cam, bumper cam and the two behind car views.

Almost all of those views can be reversed with the L1 button.

Yeah, I also knew the keys to get different views. I view my own replays sometimes, ha ha !

If Mustang-man only need the pics at the courses selection menu, I have them up for quite some time already. I thought he want the pics with the car in each course.

edit: resized back to 640x480, I didn't notice the old aspect ratio was wrong. :D

gt4p-course-1.jpg

gt4p-course-2.jpg

gt4p-course-3.jpg

gt4p-course-4.jpg

gt4p-course-5.jpg

How do you connect your PS2 to the capture card? Does it have RCA inputs?

Nevermind, found it on a website. RCA and S-video input. Cool.

Originally posted by 8400RPM
How do you connect your PS2 to the capture card? Does it have RCA inputs?

Almost all the capture cards that I know of have S-Video and Composite (RCA) inputs, so does the one that I am using.

And BTW, I am using S-Video connection, as S-Video is much sharper than Composite and higher resolution.

I've been wanting to hook up the PS2 to this computer for ages now but the only things stopping me are 'how do i do it' and 'how much is it going to cost'. And 'will there be any risk of the computer playing up'.

My brother says there is no acp or agp (or some other thing) port on this computer so is that a bad thing?

I also only have a basic computer and it runs quite slowly most of the time so i don't know if i'd be able to put a video card or whatever on it? :confused:
MB: 1.10 Ghtz
HDD: 40 GB (10 GB used)
RAM: 120 MB's

Any ideas?

Thank you for those course pictures too, i'll put them up on the site and credit you once again. :) (i should be uploading the whole, hopefully fully updated, website in the first week of February)

Thanks for taking those pics too Bill, i've put them on the same page as the ones maskrider took. :cool:

Originally posted by Mustang-man
My brother says there is no acp or agp (or some other thing) port on this computer so is that a bad thing?

I also only have a basic computer and it runs quite slowly most of the time so i don't know if i'd be able to put a video card or whatever on it? :confused:
MB: 1.10 Ghtz
HDD: 40 GB (10 GB used)
RAM: 120 MB's

Any ideas?

As long as your PC has a free PCI slot, you can use the PCTV card (which is a PCI card) and use DScaler to play games or take shots.

Wow, so that's why everyone else's captures look so good and mine look so crappy. I hope that DScaler works with my Happauge.

Originally posted by Race Idiot
Wow, so that's why everyone else's captures look so good and mine look so crappy. I hope that DScaler works with my Happauge.

DScaler works directly with

Conexant Bt8x8
Conexant CX2388x
Philips SAA713x

based PCTV cards.

It can also take others by DirectShow, but the quality will not be that good and there may be a problem capturing higher resolutions.

I have tried all of the directly supported cards and Philips SAA713x based cards give the best picture quality. (but the default video settings have to be changed a bit to get the best result).

My FlyVideo 2000 is based on SAA7130.

It worked with my capture card (apparently my card has a phillips chipset) and the picture is much improved. The only thing is, it captures video at such a high resolution, my pc can't capture it properly. Is there a way of dropping the resolution down?

Originally posted by Race Idiot
It worked with my capture card (apparently my card has a phillips chipset) and the picture is much improved. The only thing is, it captures video at such a high resolution, my pc can't capture it properly. Is there a way of dropping the resolution down?

Via DirectShow or direct access to hardware ?

It may be a problem with your deinterlacing mode than the capture resolution if it works directly to the hardware.

For direct to hardware mode, there should be a "Pixel Width" item under the "SAA713x card "menu.

For DirectShow, there will be a "Resolution" item under the "DShow" menu.

Would a 'WinFast TV 2000 XP' be any good? (made by Leadtec)
I have one sitting beside me now but don't want to put it in if it's not going to be worthwhile.

Would a 'WinFast TV 2000 XP' be any good? (made by Leadtec)
I have one sitting beside me now but don't want to put it in if it's not going to be worthwhile.

There are different versions of it. I know that the Expert edition has CX23881.

Check the chip, it may be Fusion 878A or CX23881, both are ok under DScaler but CX23881 has better quality between the two.

It's an 878A. How good is the quality of it compared to the one you use?

Colours a bit washed out, lower contrast and lower effective resolution.

I used a Fusion 878A card (ATI TV Wonder PCI) before.

Why not try it yourself and see if you are satisfied ?

Just install the drivers (the applications are not needed) and run DScaler.

Back