Throttle bug or not?

• Thread starter Maxitsu
  • 13 comments
Maxitsu
some weeks ago, i thought my DFGT's throttle was broken. throttle stayed one 10% even when i did't hit the pedal. i had this problem whit the RB X1 car. a few days ago i try the DFGT again, and it worked again. offcourse i enjoyed some races. But today i used a "Nissan GT-R Lm edition race car" (standard car) and had the same problem again. i disconected all cables from my wheel and controllers and my car still seems to accelerate. not much but it does. So now i am sure its not my pedals but the game itself.

Is this a bug? or can somebody use the "Nissan GT-R race car" and when you hold the brakes when standing still. does it use some acceleration on hes own?
strange but other cars work fine at the moment.

i made a quick video: in the bottom-left corner you see the speedbar at 10% when i don't use the throttle.

This is intentionally and simulates the idling of the cars with certain transmissions as far as I know. GT4 had this too. When you use the e-brake, the car won't roll by the way.

This is intentionally and simulates the idling of the cars with certain transmissions as far as I know. GT4 had this too. When you use the e-brake, the car won't roll by the way.

No No, thats not normal, look at the throttle display.

Its likely that your gas pedal is to blame, the pointimeter's can go bad over time. I had a similar issue with my gas pedal (on my G25) and I was able to adjust it by spinning it backwards a tiny bit. Some folks end up replacing the pointimeters.

Try searching the Steering Wheel Forum, there should be a couple threads discussing this topic.

Heres a few

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=172158&highlight=gas+pedal+dfgt

This one is a bit off topic but quite long.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=172158&highlight=gas+pedal+dfgt

Last edited:
No No, thats not normal, look at the throttle display.
Yes, it is normal, I get the same in some cars and I use a pad, not a wheel.
If his pointimeters would be damaged, it would happen to all cars.

You can also see in his video that the throttle will only be applied under a certain speed.

Yes, it is normal, I get the same in some cars and I use a pad, not a wheel.
If his pointimeters would be damaged, it would happen to all cars.

You can also see in his video that the throttle will only be applied under a certain speed.

Your entitled to your opinion, my advice to the OP is to ignore you. I say this because I used to have this problem, then i adjusted my gas pedals poitimeter and its totally fixed, explain that, actually dont.

Controllers can do the same thing, the joystick can be faulty, I have a controller with this issue.

Your entitled to your opinion, my advice to the OP is to ignore you. I say this because I used to have this problem, then i adjusted my gas pedals poitimeter and its totally fixed, explain that, actually dont.

Controllers can do the same thing, the joystick can be faulty, I have a controller with this issue.

If this really does only happen for SOME CARS, then you are just being ignorant. A bad pot would have to make it do it on all cars, all games, all the time, no exceptions. 💡 :dopey: :drool: :crazy:

what if ya dont use the joystick

I have a DFGT and a DS3. Same thing happens on both of them.
I heard somebody said that this only happens on cars that are automatic.
If you want to stop, just brake until you stop, hold the hand brake and that's it.

If this really does only happen for SOME CARS, then you are just being ignorant. A bad pot would have to make it do it on all cars, all games, all the time, no exceptions. 💡 :dopey: :drool: :crazy:

If you check the links I posted it looks like the DFGT has Intermittent problems with its pedals, so that means not all the time.

Last edited:
Actually, both sides are right. This is supposed to happen on some cars and sometimes the potentiometer gets messed up (though this is usually the brake, not the gas). Judging from the video, it looks more like the normal idling; if you see the throttle fluttering when you press the gas pedal all the way down, that's a sign it might be the potentiometer. Here's how to fix that (it's not difficult).

Great attitude here! How about using some logic first? If it would be his pedal, then why is the throttle only there below a certain speed? And why does it only happen on certain cars? Because it's a feature that was already in GT4, 5 Prologue and maybe even GTPSP (dunno, since I don't have a PSP). I am using the right stick for gas/brake, so your theory of a faulty stick is also wrong, since it cannot apply throttle when it is pulled back all the way.

Sorry I shot you down like that, I've just seen alot of threads complaining about DFGT's pedals in the steering wheel section, and I had a similar problem, so I jumped to that conclusion. Plus I definately didn't read the original post as well as I should have.

Oh and controllers can go bad I have one thats been dropped many times and the joysick always scrolls forward at rest.

Back