Throttle gets "stuck"

Belgium
Belgium
I often experience a lack of throttle respons in straight lines: when I go Full Throttle on a straight, the rev counter sticks to a certain value for several seconds, even when I floor the throttle. And it is not because I am in too low a gear, it is in the middle of the rev range for this gear. I get passed by several cars in this period, and there is nothing I can do. After a few seconds the throttle respons returns. I had it with several cars Gr3 and Gr4. What is the reason for this. It is very frustrating, you loose a race due to this "bug".

Thanks for your help,

Luc janssen

I get this after a spin and losing traction on the grass. Its like the car is gathering its self for a few seconds before starting again. To stop this, don't spin or slow down.

I often experience a lack of throttle respons in straight lines: when I go Full Throttle on a straight, the rev counter sticks to a certain value for several seconds, even when I floor the throttle. And it is not because I am in too low a gear, it is in the middle of the rev range for this gear. I get passed by several cars in this period, and there is nothing I can do. After a few seconds the throttle respons returns. I had it with several cars Gr3 and Gr4. What is the reason for this. It is very frustrating, you loose a race due to this "bug".

Thanks for your help,

Luc janssen
Can you provide video of the issue? PS4 and PS5 both record everything they see, so save some video when it happens and share it here.

Thanks for your help,

Luc janssen

Sounds like a hardware issue. Are you using a wheel or pad? As Famine says give us a recording to mull over.

I get this after a spin and losing traction on the grass. Its like the car is gathering its self for a few seconds before starting again. To stop this, don't spin or slow down.

I do too. I put it down to dirty tyres where the wheels are spinning but not providing traction. Just being gentle and patient does the trick.

The cars have a weird “glitch” I guess for lack of a better term when starting from a stop. You can’t just easy into the throttle or it will just slip in to neutral and rev without engaging the gearbox. You have to hit the throttle hard enough to get it to engage, but not hard enough to spin the tires, when starting from a stop after a crash. 👍

Last edited:
The cars have a weird “glitch” I guess for lack of a better term when starting from a stop. You can’t just easy into the throttle or it will just slip in to neutral and rev without engaging the gearbox. You have to hit the throttle hard enough to get it to engage, but not hard enough to spin the tires, when starting from a stop after a crash. 👍
It coms in an straight line, so no dirt in the tires. Most often it is indeed after an short lift of the throttle (curve) and then again back to full throttle. It cost me several races already and it is absolutely very annoying.

It coms in an straight line, so no dirt in the tires. Most often it is indeed after an short lift of the throttle (curve) and then again back to full throttle. It cost me several races already and it is absolutely very annoying.
If you're using a wheel it's probably a dirty potentiometer. If you're using a controller then map the throttle to a different button and give it a quick go. If the the problem goes away it's a faulty controller, but if stays I'm stumped.

Are you by chance using traction control? That could be what’s cutting the throttle if so. Just a thought. :)

Back