Throttle problems

• Thread starter Volpi
  • 29 comments
Denmark
Denmark
bromberg5
Hmm my girlfriend tried my new t300rs and smashed the car:).

After that my throttle is f.... up.
Suddenly it won't go further than 3 gear and That's in slow acceleration.
Tried to recalibrate. Turn it on and off x4.
And still low throttle. And every cars i tried out.
Any advises?

Any advises?
Did you turn off your PS4/XBone/PC. It worked for me on the PS4 (with the brake pedal).

Try a different game, for example GT6. See if GT6 responds correctly to it, by looking at the red throttle meter in the HUD. If that works, you'll know it is definitely not the throttle pedal, at least.

Connect it to your PC and try running a driver configuration program. See if it responds properly to inputs. I'm not sure what sort data you'll be able to see, but for example a gamepad's configuration will show you the values of each button, stick or trigger in real time as you press them.

Get on your knees and apologise to your game for letting your GF abuse it by driving badly, and it might forgive you and work properly again :lol:

(sorry not helpful ... but funny)

Connect it to your PC and try running a driver configuration program. See if it responds properly to inputs. I'm not sure what sort data you'll be able to see, but for example a gamepad's configuration will show you the values of each button, stick or trigger in real time as you press them.

Can i do on Mac?
Dont have pc in my home animore

I have no idea. I've never owned a mac.

When you are in first gear (or even better, neutral) in Pcars and press the throttle pedal all the way down, does the engine rev all the way to the redline?

Actually that might not be the best test. You don't need to press it all the way down to redline it when there's no load. How high revs can you get to before you can't gain more speed?

Try do download the The Crew Demo and see if the problem is with the wheel or with the game. If you can't plug it to a PC or don't have any other racing game to make a test.

I did not try it with a gamepad, bit i have to use a gamepad to start the ps4 up??
I cant do that with the wheel alone?

Will try.
The led light where i choose PS3 or ps4 is red. Cant remember if it used to be that Way?
Wonder if its in PS3 mode or something Like that

Red or green is the pedal mode. Red is the factory mode, where the gas pedal will be in the right side. Green the gas pedal will be "on the left", i use my T500 pedals inverted on my T300, so i put it on the "green mode".

Try to download the demo of The Crew and see if anything still the same. Or delete all the Pcars data on the PS4(the game included and try to re-instal/re-download the game again.

Update from Denmark:) - Crew demo is downloadning right know.

Just ran a firmware Update on t300rs. It should be v24, but the thrustmaster program says its up to date with v23.

By testing the pedals with the pc program, it show no problems with brake and throttle.

Ran a test on pcars and the throttle works perfect..
Still not satisfied with the brake though.
Still seems like it not recognizing ALL inputs i throw at it

I think that it's good, the wheel is ok. Probably some kind of awkaward error of the game.

If you are using the stock pedals, they are weired indeed, the brake's deadzone is just too big. Small touchs are hard to be comfortable.

Unfortunatelly it still sucks..

Updated the firmware to v24. And everything was just fine..

Untill i started playing Pcars. Have tried shortly in Crew, no problems there, but it still feels loose and inaccurate.

I have deleted Pcars and is now downloading yet again. So frustrating not to know if the pedals are broke or its the game

I do use the stocked pedals, and they are indeed disappointing - for the price. But i don´t want to spend more money yet, will have to do with this..

Any advises?
Don't let your girlfriend near your games? :lol:

ps. sorry, had to say it. I hope you get your pedals sorted 👍

If you live in denmark, you can probably get a RMA on it. That's assuming it's anywhere close to as easy to get as it is in Norway.

Did a new installation, and the same things happens. BUT - new things comes to mind.

I stopped in the middle of the track and put it on neutral gear, and put full throttle on the pedals AND the revs showed my presure.
Then suddenly my car starts to drive backwards, without me touching any pedals. SO, that has to be the problem, when my cars out of the blue starts deaccellerate and won´t go any further than 3 gear, and i slow manor.

I starts braking? My issues are all related to the brake. Sometimes it of and now it starts braking on its own.

I don´t use brake assist.

EDIT: Found out its the same on The Crew. Broke pedals or calibration via windows/PC?
Any comments?

Last edited:
Final verdict - The pedals are broke.. Did some calibration on the pc and the brake is broke. Sometimes it holds pressure and sometimes it doesn´t. And sometimes it detects pushing on the brake, while my foot is completely off
Think its the electronics..

I have had some issues in the past with my Fanatec pedals. There have been times where the connection would come partially out and result in an intermittent or poor connection. So if you haven't already disconnect the cable and reconnect at both ends then reboot the wheel and see if that helps. Assuming of course that the is a detachable cable that connects the pedals to the wheel as there is with the Fanatec.

Originally I had the stock pedals with my Fanatec and it was a major pain. If it wasn't the throttle acting up it was the brake. Throttle not going to full brake coming on by itself and such or in some cases did not work at all. I got a replacement set and after a couple of weeks had the same issues again. Finally bought a set of Club Sports and they work great but I have had the connector work its way loose on those a time or two.

One other thing that may be worth looking into. If there is an exposed pot on the brake it could possibly have some dust in it in which case a little squirt of contact cleaner can do wonders.

Hey. Thanks for youre post hbr. He thing is, that the wheel is just 3 days old, so there haven't been any dust - yet:) could be loose cable hook up, but again - it has been installed and That's it. not even moved. Only unplugge to Update firmware.
Have written the supplier, and asked for a replacement. Free of course

Back