Thrustmaster Sparco R383 Rally Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 88 comments
Bulgaria
Bulgaria
Photo_2.jpg

sparco_0.png

Get your hands on the wheel: enter the world of Sparco and Rally racing!

The ideal 1:1 scale replica – 13’’/33 cm in diameter – wheel add-on for your Thrustmaster collection. Get ready for all rally games, and thanks to its 360° circular shape, it is also perfectly suitable for GT racing games. For E-sport competition, train with the right gear!

CaracteristiqueDefauts.png

Box contents

1 detachable Wheel for the Thrustmaster T-series + user guide and consumer warranty information
Photo_5.jpg

replica_6.png

Get your hands on the wheel: enter the world of Sparco and rally racing!

1:1 replica of the Sparco R383 Wheel, officially licensed by Sparco
13”/33 cm in diameter, covered with black suede .
Designed for rally games and for other racing genres (GT, NASCAR, road race etc.)
Sturdy black brushed aluminum faceplate and paddle shifters
2 large, adjustable wheel-mounted sequential paddle shifters ( 5”/13 cm tall – 100% metal – tact switch with life cycle exceeding 500,000 activations).
Carbon-style rally buttons area, suitable for all platforms
9 action buttons + 1 directional pad with push-button

ecosystem_58.png

Compatible Ecosystem

Compatible with: T500 RS, T300RS – T300 Ferrari GTE, T300 Ferrari Alcantara– TX, TX LEATHER, TS-XW RACER, TS-PC RACER, T-GT

• The Rally Wheel Add-On Sparco R383 Mod is now available at the suggested retail price of £179.99,€199.99, $199.99(taxes included).

Link

Other useful information.

Last edited:

Anyone Intending to purchase remember there's 25% Off at the moment on the Thrustmaster Store bringing It down to £134.97 + Free Delivery.

Looking forward to the Reviews on this one. If It's able to be better than the 599XX Rim then I'll wait for It to become available on Amazon or Box.co.uk

Doesn't look like it's available for purchase just yet at any of the suggested resellers from the official TM site.

I've been waiting for this rim add-on since TM and Sparco announced a partnership. Money in hand just waiting to purchase. If anyone catches it on a site where it's available please link.

Doesn't look like it's available for purchase just yet at any of the suggested resellers from the official TM site.

I've been waiting for this rim add-on since TM and Sparco announced a partnership. Money in hand just waiting to purchase. If anyone catches it on a site where it's available please link.

http://shop.thrustmaster.com/en_gb/rally-wheel-add-on-sparcor-r383-mod.html

It's In stock ready to Ship via the Official Thrustmaster Site, 25% Off - Actrollvision25

Looks like it's only available to be shipped in the UK from Thrustmaster's official shopping site whereas us folk in the states have to wait for a reseller to have them in stock.
Ah I see! Bummer! Hope you get one sorted soon!

200 ~ 500 range
Thrustmaster T150
PC and PS4 compatible.Nice force feedback for the price but the pedals are not very good.Price about $200.
You can upgrade the pedals(T3PA-PRO/T3PA)and buy shifter.

Thrustmaster T150 PRO
The same wheel but comes with T3PA pedals.Price about $250.

Logitech G29
PC and PS4 compatible.The force feedback is decent but based on old technology and is noisy.Good fully metal pedals.The official price for this wheel is $400 but this is too much,I do not recommend buying it if it costs more than $250.You can buy additional shifter.

Thrustmaster T300RS
PC and PS4 compatible.Impressive force feedback for its price but there is a big flaw,reliability.The pedals are the same as the T150,you can upgrade them later.

Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition
The same wheel but comes with T3PA pedals.

Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 Starter Kit for PC and PS4
New single belt drive mechanism for very smooth and low friction force feedback combined with a powerful motor.The pedals are fully metal. The flaw is that it can be noisy when you pass through bumps and curbs.For now there is bug for the support in Project CARS 2 and there is no official support for GT Sport,it's expected by the end of the year.For now there is work around how to play GT Sport.
Price 519.95€

I forgot to ask on which platform you play.There are other wheels for Xbox.

Last edited:
I would reluctantly consider jumping ship from Logitech to Thrustmaster if the paddle is bi-directional. Would love to find out because a quality rally rim would be incredible. The buttons on the G29 face wind up getting in the way during enthusiastic steering inputs. Sometimes it’s like DUR...I didn’t exactly want to exit the game in the middle of a hairpin...

Thrustmaster T150
PC and PS4 compatible.Nice force feedback for the price but the pedals are not very good.Price about $200.
You can upgrade the pedals(T3PA-PRO/T3PA)and buy shifter.

Thrustmaster T150 PRO
The same wheel but comes with T3PA pedals.Price about $250.

Logitech G29
PC and PS4 compatible.The force feedback is decent but based on old technology and is noisy.Good fully metal pedals.The official price for this wheel is $400 but this is too much,I do not recommend buying it if it costs more than $250.You can buy additional shifter.

Thrustmaster T300RS
PC and PS4 compatible.Impressive force feedback for its price but there is a big flaw,reliability.The pedals are the same as the T150,you can upgrade them later.

Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition
The same wheel but comes with T3PA pedals.

Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 Starter Kit for PC and PS4
New single belt drive mechanism for very smooth and low friction force feedback combined with a powerful motor.The pedals are fully metal. The flaw is that it can be noisy when you pass through bumps and curbs.For now there is bug for the support in Project CARS 2 and there is no official support for GT Sport,it's expected by the end of the year.For now there is work around how to play GT Sport.
Price 519.95€

I forgot to ask on which platform you play.There are other wheels for Xbox.
Thanks a lot! I've narrowed my choices now.

Im curious about a comparison with the 30cm 599 rim. Which is the better all purpose wheel?
I moved for the standard wheel to the 599XX wheel. Much better if your planning on playing for hours on end. I find the bigger wheel gives me more control.

I moved for the standard wheel to the 599XX wheel. Much better if your planning on playing for hours on end. I find the bigger wheel gives me more control.
Undestood but the sparco is even langer 33cm. Is that too big for all purpose?

Undestood but the sparco is even langer 33cm. Is that too big for all purpose?

Depends on what you like to drive in your preferred sim. For me the larger the rim the better. Most real world race cars are 310mm or 330mm so it would better replicate what's being used by the real deal.

If you prefer open wheelers then the R383 might not fit you as well.

My two cents anywho.

I would reluctantly consider jumping ship from Logitech to Thrustmaster if the paddle is bi-directional. Would love to find out because a quality rally rim would be incredible. The buttons on the G29 face wind up getting in the way during enthusiastic steering inputs. Sometimes it’s like DUR...I didn’t exactly want to exit the game in the middle of a hairpin...
Have you considered a wheel with fixed paddles?

I find that the T500 is very handy for rally due to the fixed shifters, so you always know where up and down are. You can also buy a fixed shifter set for all Fanatec wheels, to get the same result.

Alternatively, people run with a shifter for Sequential gears and either another shifter or a dedicated handbrake for the handbrake. The Thrustmaster TH8A can be used in analog handbrake mode (only on PC) when attached via USB, Fanatec wheels come with two shifter plugs to allow for using both the sequential shifter and Fanatec's dedicated handbrake at the same time.

Didn't find it, what is this rim weight? Does this new rim have button mapping for PS4 and is fully compactible with GTS? Already own T300 + alacantara 30 cm but this could be my next investment on gear.

Edit. Yes it have full button mapping for PS4 and on Thrustmaster's site a picture of that.

Last edited:
Have you considered a wheel with fixed paddles?

I find that the T500 is very handy for rally due to the fixed shifters, so you always know where up and down are. You can also buy a fixed shifter set for all Fanatec wheels, to get the same result.

Alternatively, people run with a shifter for Sequential gears and either another shifter or a dedicated handbrake for the handbrake. The Thrustmaster TH8A can be used in analog handbrake mode (only on PC) when attached via USB, Fanatec wheels come with two shifter plugs to allow for using both the sequential shifter and Fanatec's dedicated handbrake at the same time.

I found a document referencing a product called: TSSH sequential & handbrake SPARCO. $ 249

https://www.petra.com/media/reseller-agreements/MAP-US-Thrustmaster_August_1_2017.pdf

So good news the sparco partnership won’t end with the 383. It is even more interesting it suggest a 2 in 1 product as a solution to there being only 1 plug. Sparco does have some nice shifting knobs. I’m curious how the design will be.

It looks like you can replace the wheel easily with real wheel rims because of the larger button box. That would make it even more interesting!

True, lots of space for different styles to fit on there, and no d-pad to worry about either. Much better than the 458, but quite a bit more expensive too. The 6 bolts look like the usual TM 58mm PCD, so would still need a PCD adapter to use a pre-drilled rim. Also, I wonder how essential those extra 4 bolts are at keeping the case from flexing when you press buttons.

I used that code for a discount on the 599 alacantra add on. They still havent even shipped it despite being 6 days ago and in stock. Thrustmaster need to pull their finger out, customer service is crap.

I used that code for a discount on the 599 alacantra add on. They still havent even shipped it despite being 6 days ago and in stock. Thrustmaster need to pull their finger out, customer service is crap.
Free shipping is 5-7 working days. That’s what I chose express shipping received my order within 2 working days.

Back