Thrustmaster Sparco R383 Rally Wheel

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 88 comments
Free shipping is 5-7 working days. That’s what I chose express shipping received my order within 2 working days.
Yes, should have done that. My order just says processing, which means they have not even sent it. I took the 5-7 days to mean i will recieve in 5-7 days, not we will dispatch it then. My one x comes on tues and doesn't look like i will be playing project cars until that wheels come. Not impressed with tm at all. Edit, as soon as i posted this, fed ex got in touch. will be here next weds, looks like pc2 will have to wait one more day. With the amount saved by using that 25% discount code, i should have paid for express delivery. What a pain all this T300 to tx wheel changeover has been, pc2 on the x box one x better be worth it !

Last edited:
Does anyone know how much this weighs?

I got my R383 wheel yesterday. Love it! Larger rim, nice soft padding, thicker wheel. The buttons feel a bit too soft, they lack tactile feeling. But the wheel itself: top notch!

See attached images: R383 1226 grams, T300 599xx Evo alcantara 1007 grams. The R383 wheel weighs 220 grams more than the 599xx, but it is a larger wheel so no surprise here; they kept it pretty light.

20171102_175654.jpg
20171102_190548.jpg

Last edited:
I need some advice. This wheel may get me to take the plunge into Thrustmaster.

I’m looking at around $700 to get the complete kit.

Should I get a T-300RS servo, the TH8A shifter and T3PA pedals or just get the T300RS GT edition and shifter? Both scenarios are about the same price.

Should I get a T-300RS servo, the TH8A shifter and T3PA pedals or just get the T300RS GT edition and shifter? Both scenarios are about the same price.

That was my dilemma till I found a used set up. Black Friday is around the corner and you might a better deal brand new.

Also amazon had the G29 for $199 as a early Black Friday deal if you're interested in that. That deal will come around again. I took this screen shot yesterday
Screenshot_20171107-062553.png

Mine got delivered from ThrustyMcfacemaster UK.
Does anyone know where i can get playstation button stickers so i know what buttons do what. Im Pretty used to my T300rs layout and keep forgetting the buttons.

Only disappointment with the wheel is the suede has hard seems around the joins from the wheel diameter to the centre 3 spokes.

This may be a dumb question, but how does this rim work on PS4 without a PS button? It crossed my mind after seeing the new Thrustmaster wood Ferrari wheel that has *no* buttons. Is the R383 for PC only?

It says that's it's not platform specific and is available for ps4, Xbox, and pc. There is an Amazon page for it but it's not yet available.

Also, the Ferrari 599xx evo wheel doesn't have a button labelled as the PS button but if you twist the dial it operates as one.

Nice! I looked at that seat box and almost pulled the trigger on it. I eventually found out that the APIGA rear subframe and seat box bolts up perfectly with the GT Omega wheel stand and was able to save some money and I had a drivers seat from a 91 Integra laying around from a partout so saved more money again. Pretty much a budget cockpit but it does the job well. $150 for wheel stand and $70 for the APIGA rear subframe and seat box so just $220 into it. The amazing R383 was almost that much, ha!

Is your button box compatible with the ps4? I know some are and that a normal usb num pad also works but I'd rather have a polished looking one like you've got there. Or do you game on PC too?

Where did you order the gloves? After watching Sim Racing Girls review of them I've wanted them but seem to suck at locating items. (Check the beginning of this thread for examples of that )

I use a pair of "pit crew" mechanic style gloves and also have used a pair of thin leather batting gloves but they both trap the heat and make my hands sweat.

Still working on labels and where I want everything

20171220_162236.jpg
Nice! I looked at that seat box and almost pulled the trigger on it. I eventually found out that the APIGA rear subframe and seat box bolts up perfectly with the GT Omega wheel stand and was able to save some money and I had a drivers seat from a 91 Integra laying around from a partout so saved more money again. Pretty much a budget cockpit but it does the job well. $150 for wheel stand and $70 for the APIGA rear subframe and seat box so just $220 into it. The amazing R383 was almost that much, ha!

Is your button box compatible with the ps4? I know some are and that a normal usb num pad also works but I'd rather have a polished looking one like you've got there. Or do you game on PC too?

Good deal on the cockpit. I paid about the same. $150 for the seat and $60 for the bottom corbeau gaming frame. Reason why I went that route and not a cockpit is cuz it needs to be portable. Yes the box is from Ignition Controls for the PS4. It works perfectly and it's plug-and-play just like a keyboard . Not many companies make them compatible for PS4 mostly PC but this one is nice. Only downfall is the price very expensive. No PC for me yet, I mainly just play PC2 on PS4.

Hey there fellow sim racers I'm looking at getting the sparco R383 with help to some xmas money. Just like to ask if everyone still happy with the wheel? How's it holding up ? And has the real size to like turned out a good option?
Thanks for you feed back

Hey there fellow sim racers I'm looking at getting the sparco R383 with help to some xmas money. Just like to ask if everyone still happy with the wheel? How's it holding up ? And has the real size to like turned out a good option?
Thanks for you feed back

I have some problems with the mini joy stick. I often click right or left instead of just clicking down. It is very problematic in menues because you sometimes change options that you did not wanted to change.

Like always with Thrustmaster wheels the pressure points of the buttons is different.

The wheel size is okay.

Back