Thrustmaster Sparco TSS Handbrake with WRC 8 - HELP

• Thread starter Roots57
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
My TSS handbrake is not being recognized by WRC 8 on my Xbox One. It seems to communicate with it in SEQ mode, but nothing in Handbrake mode. The handbrake works just fine in WRC 7 and with Dirt Rally 2.0 so I'm pretty sure it's not a handbrake issue. I'm very frustrated because I can't fully evaluate/enjoy this new game. Does anyone have any ideas for me to try? Please Help!!!

Hello.I think you need a update.Same fore me on PS4.Got a update on the game to day,and its work fine.Check if there are update on XBOX

Hello.I think you need a update.Same fore me on PS4.Got a update on the game to day,and its work fine.Check if there are update on XBOX

I just tried it during my lunch break and it still isn't working. I don't think the update has been made available yet for Xbox One. Does anyone know for sure?

Ok good, I can't wait. It's like a tease having everything else in this game dialed in but with no handbrake.

Hey ,
did you get to work your xbox handbreak

Not yet, but I got this reply from Thrustmaster because I contacted them as well (see below). At least Thrustmaster has the decency to reply to tech support emails.

From Thrustmaster Support:

Thank you for choosing Thrustmaster!

To help you with your request, we would like to inform you that we have raised this issue with the game developers of WRC 8, and they are working at fever pitch, alongside our own Research and Development department, in order to remedy the detection issues in a future release of a new game patch or new firmware for the TSS Handbrake Sparco Mod +

We thank you for your understanding!

To ensure the most efficient follow-up of your query, please answer directly to this email (do not open a new ticket).

Kind regards,
Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, Leonardo
http://support.thrustmaster.com

Still doesn't help much as there is no time frame for when the fix will be made available. I'm surprised that this issue wasn't discovered pre-release since they have been promoting the game with the TSS Handbrake on their demo rigs from what I have seen. The game is virtually useless to me without being able to use my handbrake. After playing WRC 7 and Dirt Rally 2.0 with a handbrake for so long, it's kind of impossible to play and enjoy the game without it. From the verbiage in their reply, it looks like they still don't even know if it's a TSS Handbrake firmware update or a game patch by KT that will fix this issue. I'm losing my patience though I can tell you that. So far all I have done is wasted $69.99 on useless software.

I have same problem with WRC8 PS4 with TSSMod+. Already send massage to WRC8 official tech support week ago, still no reply till today..

Hope they fix this soon. Otherwise, I will be happy to sell the game half-price.

I reinstalled the game yesterday and noticed the file name was a newer version, issue fixed! TSS Handbrake is up and running, now I can actually play the game properly. I emailed TM and KT about this issue, Thrustmaster were the only ones that responded and it wasn't even their problem.

Back