Thrustmaster T-GT not suported?

• Thread starter betec18
  • 24 comments
On PS4 the tgt not supported??
I saw these posts in another thread saying it's not supported but will be in a future update. Pretty poor form to not support a current PS 4 compatible wheel really 👎

Thrustmaster T-GT don't work with PC3. I got the following answer from Thrustmaster: "Hello! T-GT compatibility should be patched into the game in an upcoming update; stand by for a formal announcement."

Confirmed, my Thrustmaster TGT doesn't work with project cars 3.

I saw these posts in another thread saying it's not supported but will be in a future update. Pretty poor form to not support a current PS 4 compatible wheel really 👎
Thanks for your help... but i don´t understand this situation...

Very disappointed. The TGt works in Driveclub and Dirt 2, so one would assume this would be no issues

A steering wheel that cost 700 euros and you can't use it for PC3.
Right, not sure what the hell they were thinking. I could see no wheel support for like a Mario Cart or something like that but a game based on racing. Come on. SMS get this fixed now. Kaz laughing at you.

I was hoping to see something posted today about an update but maybe later this week.

Logitech G29 also does not work on PS4 in this game.
This is from they website, not sure if they add Logitech G series wheels compatibility in upcoming patches.

Banner_PC3_FBK_1200x630.png

Hey racers !

We wanted to celebrate with you the launch of Project Cars 3, by confirming the compatibility of our racing gear, with list below :

- F458 Spider Racing Wheel (Xbox One)
- TMX Series (Xbox One / PC)
- TX Series (Xbox / PC)
- TS-XW (Xbox / PC)
- TS-PC Racer (PC)
- T500 RS (PS4 / PC)
- T300 Series (PS4 / PC)
- T150 Series (PS4 / PC)
- BT Led Display (PS4)
- T-LCM Pedals (all platforms)
- T3PA (all platforms)
- T3PA Pro (all platforms)
- TSS Handbrake (all platforms)
- TH8A Shifter (all platforms)
- T80 series (PS4/ PC) à need a short in-game configuration at launch (link : https://bit.ly/3gsZ8z7)
- T-GT (PC) à need a short in-game configuration at launch (link: https://bit.ly/3gtor3Z)

However, we also wanted to warn you that T-GT won’t be compatible with Project Cars 3 on PlayStation 4 at launch.

Just a sad news for launch, we’re sorry to warn you that T-GT won’t work on PS4 until first Project Cars 3 patch, post-launch.

We apologize but this is beyond our control and we have done everything we can to prevent from this situation.

Again, we are disappointed and sorry to be obliged to give such a news.

For any update, be sure you’ll be the first to be informed.

We are grateful for your unshakeable support.

Any news on an update to address T-GT compatability with PC3?

They sing some form of agreement to support only Thrustmaster wheels with PC3, but this one specific model was omitted. Weird decision.
Also to exclude Logitech wheels was also boorish move. I've return PS4 version of game and download PC version from torrent. They will receive my money when Logitech will be finally included on PS4 version.

T-GT is supported on PS4 though. It's just SMS have not bothered to add support into their game.
I’m so glad I refrained from purchasing this p.o.s. game. After the first two series launches, I was almost certain there would be major issues at launch. Knowing the game would’ve been gathering dust because it’s incompatible with my T-GT on PS4 just reassures me SMS is a horribly mismanaged studio.

They sing some form of agreement to support only Thrustmaster wheels with PC3, but this one specific model was omitted. Weird decision.
Also to exclude Logitech wheels was also boorish move. I've return PS4 version of game and download PC version from torrent. They will receive my money when Logitech will be finally included on PS4 version.
Not that I play it anymore but my G29 worked just fine

I’m so glad I refrained from purchasing this p.o.s. game. After the first two series launches, I was almost certain there would be major issues at launch. Knowing the game would’ve been gathering dust because it’s incompatible with my T-GT on PS4 just reassures me SMS is a horribly mismanaged studio.
I'm a wheel user too. My T300rs works just fine on this game. I must admit it is pretty good with a controller too. Maybe better.

I'm a wheel user too. My T300rs works just fine on this game. I must admit it is pretty good with a controller too. Maybe better.
So is it your opinion the game is more fun to play with a controller than wheel? Because I certainly didn’t invest in a full racing rig to play sim-racing games with a controller. Understandably, this is my personal opinion, and I never try to push my beliefs on others. But a game tailored for controller users is of little interest to me. In fact, unless I hear some news concerning future sim-racing titles designed for PS5 (namely GT 7 or the next version of PCars overseen by Codemasters), I may not even invest in a PS5. I’m so much more interested in a sim than an arcade that I may be forced to turn to a PC instead of a console.

So is it your opinion the game is more fun to play with a controller than wheel? Because I certainly didn’t invest in a full racing rig to play sim-racing games with a controller. Understandably, this is my personal opinion, and I never try to push my beliefs on others. But a game tailored for controller users is of little interest to me. In fact, unless I hear some news concerning future sim-racing titles designed for PS5 (namely GT 7 or the next version of PCars overseen by Codemasters), I may not even invest in a PS5. I’m so much more interested in a sim than an arcade that I may be forced to turn to a PC instead of a console.
At this moment I think controller has an advantage over wheels. I have been racing with wheels every week on Gran Turismo since 2011. I could drive the cars on GT5,6,and Sport better on wheel than controller. Same with DriveClub, Pcars 1, and Pcars2. Project Cars 3 seems better with controller over my T300rs. Better spin recovery and seems more stable on corner entry braking with controller. Wheel better with finer steering input. Controller users beat me more often than when I am on controller. It is more fun with the wheel but you have to adjust your driving to compensate but overall right now today I say controller better with 60% of game input. Other 40% about the same as wheel. Can't speak for Logitech and TGT users since I do not have that wheel. I would say this is a good racer for those without a wheel. You would still be very competitive. Send me a friend request if your on PS4.

Maybe try some iRacing. It's the cost though that has kept me away plus I don't have the time like I used to to race as much as I would like

Back