Thrustmaster T-GT Wheel Thread

It turns out T-GT is simply GT branded PS4 version based on TS-PC and isn't direct drive. I feel...

• Excited - Still a new and the improved wheel for PS4 by Thrustmaster

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Fine - Knew it won't be direct drive all along

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Disappointed - Not a direct drive

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Extremely Disappointed - Not drive drive and poor pedals set

Votes: 15 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hit it with force? I pushed it on as hard as I could and then tightened it as tight as possible. I don’t want to have to smack my wheel everytime I want to use it.

I’m going to ship it back to amazon for replacement...

Have you updated the firmware? If not, this is surely the problem. And no, you dont have to use force or smack it at any point.

Hmmm I did not because I do not have a windows machine to do it. I know firmware needs to be updated sometimes but this is a wheel that is specially designed for GT Sport and GT Sport is only available on Playstation...

Hit it with force? I pushed it on as hard as I could and then tightened it as tight as possible. I don’t want to have to smack my wheel everytime I want to use it.

I’m going to ship it back to amazon for replacement...
I pushed as hard as possible as well, and only got a result when I gave it a whack on the front.
No need for brute force, just give a hit with the base of your palm, about the same force as you'd use when clapping your hands together.
I've had no issues since and I didn't need to update the firmware at all.

At least try it before sending it back and having to wait for a replacement. I've had several people with the same issue and they've all been fixed by ensuring the pins are connected properly. No firmware issues or power supply issues at all.

Hmmm I did not because I do not have a windows machine to do it. I know firmware needs to be updated sometimes but this is a wheel that is specially designed for GT Sport and GT Sport is only available on Playstation...

Well i cant say this for sure, but both PS4 and GT Sport get updates. Depending when your T-GT has left the factory, it might not have the latest firmware and this can cause issues, even on console. Before you send back your wheel, i would try to update the firmware. If there is any possibility for you to do so.

So I received my replacement from Amazon after the first wheel was DOA.
But this one tilts slightly to the left when in rest. When I manually center the wheel and move the wheel to the right it steers right away. When I steer to the left it only steers after about 2-3 degrees of steering.

Is there anything I can do about this or do I have to send it back again? Amazing that a €600,- wheel has issues 2 wheels in a row...

But this one tilts slightly to the left when in rest. When I manually center the wheel and move the wheel to the right it steers right away. When I steer to the left it only steers after about 2-3 degrees of steering.

Is there anything I can do about this or do I have to send it back again? Amazing that a €600,- wheel has issues 2 wheels in a row...

Did you update firmware?

Try tightening the steering on the hub a little bit more (rotate wheel clockwise and hub anticlockwise). 2-3 degrees sounds pretty small and if you're not very strong (like me) you could've just left that little bit of travel on the hub.

Apart from that, all the usual checks like update firmware, re-calibrate, make sure all cables and connections are secure.

Hello All, I just received my T-GT last night. Im slightly disappointed on how notchy the wheel feels when rotating. Is this temporary or should I file a claim with amazon to have them send me another one?

Hello All, I just received my T-GT last night. Im slightly disappointed on how notchy the wheel feels when rotating. Is this temporary or should I file a claim with amazon to have them send me another one?

Cant tell what "notchy" means, can you post a video of your wheel calibrating?

No issue for me to be honest. I thought only regular Fanatec users would notice this.
For me either. Mine has never been like that. I can feel very very slight notches (half the size of the video) when the wheel is powered off, but nothing at all when it's running.

For me either. Mine has never been like that. I can feel very very slight notches (half the size of the video) when the wheel is powered off, but nothing at all when it's running.
I have seen a man who has changed 2 or 3 T-GT wheels and he said that each one felt little different. This most likely is a due to slightly different belt tension, more belt tension larger notches, less belt tension slight notches.

I have seen a man who has changed 2 or 3 T-GT wheels and he said that each one felt little different. This most likely is a due to slightly different belt tension, more belt tension larger notches, less belt tension slight notches.
That could be the case, but why would the notches in mine be half the size? By that I mean for every one notch in the video there's two on my wheel.

Edit: The notches are so small it's almost impossible to stop on each one.

I wonder if it's these teeth I can feel?
Untitled.png

Last edited:
My TGT started goind crazy since yesterday in gt sport. When I drive the wheel starts pressing buttons randomly, sometimes even pressing the pause screen? Anyone else had the same issue?

Mine has been doing this for a few months, but it has been tolerable, until recently, so I finally contacted TM. Were you able to resolve this particular problem?

New T-GT wheel came in.
New firmware updated. But, it appears as though there's no power.
Wheel doesn't calibrate when turning on the PS4.
Is there any test I can do to ensure it's getting power?

EDIT:
ZFR my last.

Turned on the PS4 today. Boom. Calibration.

Last edited:
I wonder if it's these teeth I can feel
As far as I know the cogging/notching is not related to gearwheel or belt, it is related to brushless motor by itself. Even OSW that is direct drive has cogging when it is powered off. When feedback is active, even just a little, the my TS-PC is smooth.

just got my TGT and besides the pedals, I'm very happy so far. Can someone direct me to some FFB settings for AC and pCars please. It is very heavy.

The leftover from my T-GT wheel(picture below). First few weeks it was great. Then didnt work anymore, it randomly pressed buttons by itself while driving. Unplayable. I mounted the r383 rally rim but the 32cm rim was to big, t-gt had not enough power for this ratio, very weak ffb. Then i mixed rally rim button hub with the orginal 28cm rim and it worked well again. Summary after 2 years. I would not buy it again! It have the same heat problems like all TM wheels and the orginal rim is cheap plasic that dont last long. Forcefeedback was nice, very solid & very quik! But only on small diameter rims. This deepfeedback rumble feature was....hmmmmm..., senseless :D

Attachments

• SDC10160.JPG
    SDC10160.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 114
just got my TGT and besides the pedals, I'm very happy so far. Can someone direct me to some FFB settings for AC and pCars please. It is very heavy.

In the Thrustmaster profiler, I reduced the Gain setting to 65%. That makes the "base" strength reasonably equivalent to my G25 so I don't have to readjust the in-game FFB settings for all my games. Constant & periodic 100%, spring & damper 0%.

If you're on console and don't have the profiler, then reduce your FFB master strength in-game to about half of what it was from your previous wheel and go from there.

thanks man. On ps4 but thats pretty much what i did.
Was taking the lazyman route by asking :)
On AC Im at 30 per cent

Does anyone's T-Gt make weird noise when playing GT sport? Mainly the tdfb.... it is so loud that i am wondering if it is deflected or not. (If i used "other" mode, it wont make any noises)

I have same exact problem, how did you fixed it ?
Thrustmaster ask me to make a video of the problem... like if i'm equiped to make a video at home, dont even have a cell phone. lol
I have a tablet, so i guess my wife will have to stand really close to the wheel with it for a full lap... and it's pretty random, when i swap wheels it tend to be fine for a few laps then it start again.
Kind of a kreepy defect electronic shortcut sound sent to the transducer at front of base of T-GT.
So bad i did not returned in time for the Amazon waranty, now stuck with th one.
They are responsive but having to make a video that catch the problem. Meh !
They also ask me to update to latest FW, but it's already on the last one, first thing i did to troubleshoot the problem.

Finally decided to upgrade my Logitech G29 to a Thrustmaster T-GT, really happy with it so far. :) Just had to make a few modifications to my rig to be able to mount the pedals inverted but worked out quite nicely I think. FFB feels so much better, can really feel what the car is doing now. Also like the belt system a lot more. Almost no noise when using it, even on rally tracks. Try that with a G29 and you'll go crazy from the sound it makes. ;) Pedals not really an upgrade but pretty much the same, just the conical brake mod is better than the rubber stopper that's in the G29's brake pedal.

Wjt2GJ8.jpg

5JAC7Ty.jpg

Only thing I didn't like was the auto calibration of the pedals in combination with the conical brake mod. Each time you'd press just a bit harder on the brake the 100% brake input would move further away. Couldn't really be consistent on the brakes this way. It should calibrate only once in my opinion. So I ended up removing the brake mod but didn't like the long pedal travel after being used to the brake mod for a few hours. So I decided to modify the brake mod a little bit and add an adjustable hard stop that's just a bit further away than the actual conical mod. This way the pedal can't go further and this will always be the 100% brake point. It's pretty much perfect for me now. :) Added benefit is that the bolt I used also sits against the base, eliminating any movement of the mod itself.

Xo7bObn.jpg

And then there's still the T-DFB. I'm not sure what to think of this. While it's nice to get more info on what the car's doing I've actually turned this off for now since I think the constant vibrations are a bit too much and there's no way to adjust it. Maybe if you could tone it down a little I would actually use it but the way it is right now I don't think I ever will.

Lets see how long this wheel will last. Coming from a Logitech DFGT, G27 and G29 with very good reliability I'm hoping this will be the same, especially at this price range. But I've also read the many stories about Thrustmaster here on the forums. Only time will tell I guess. ;)

Back