Thrustmaster T150/TMX Force Feedback Racing Wheels

• Thread starter super_gt
  • 385 comments
Hey!

Can anyone tell me if the logitech G25 shifter can be connected to the t150 like the pedals can with an adapter?

Some time ago my T150 developed a problem with the right paddle, it didnt always apply a gear change. I now shift up using R2, and downshift with L2 respectively. Strangely, this only seems to ocurr on the PS3 with GT6. PCARS, DiRT etc. works just fine on the 4, paddle never refuses to shift up.

Bestbuy in Canada has this wheel with the t3pa pedal set for sale for $349 Cdn.

For the amount of time I plan on using it, it sounds like a nice deal.

I'm considering buying this wheel, but it's still quite hard to get a good impression from online reviews as to its overall quality. I've only had one wheel before, Microsoft's own 'wireless' (it's not wireless) force feedback wheel for the Xbox 360, which I used a lot especially on Codies' F1 games, and actually really liked. Can anyone give me an idea of how the T150 would compare to that? I'd hope it would feel better as it's newer tech and has a higher price, but the one thing everyone says about the T150 is that it's a great entry-level wheel - which is how I'd describe the MS wheel. Any thoughts appreciated.

I'm considering buying this wheel, but it's still quite hard to get a good impression from online reviews as to its overall quality. I've only had one wheel before, Microsoft's own 'wireless' (it's not wireless) force feedback wheel for the Xbox 360, which I used a lot especially on Codies' F1 games, and actually really liked. Can anyone give me an idea of how the T150 would compare to that? I'd hope it would feel better as it's newer tech and has a higher price, but the one thing everyone says about the T150 is that it's a great entry-level wheel - which is how I'd describe the MS wheel. Any thoughts appreciated.
I can not make a comparison because I do not have Microsoft wireless wheel,but trust me T150 is much better wheel.I own T150 and I'm very pleased with it.:)

This wheel is waaay better than the wireless Xbox wheel. The T150 feels better imo. I always thought that the DFGT was better than the Xbox wheel, and I feel that the T150 is better than the DFGT. The only gripe that I have with the T150 is the minimal rubber coating on the wheel. I solved that issue by wrapping it in leather. The best thing about the T150/TMX is the fact that you can also add the T3PA/pro pedals and the TH8A shifter. I like the wheel so much, I plan on getting the TMX for Xbox as well. I'd go for the TX, but why not the TMX for half the price? ($150, which I see it on sale a lot for on Amazon) I'd say go for it. I also see reviewers call it an entry level wheel, but with the additions of the T3PA/Pro and TH8A, I think it would maybe put the wheel above entry level.

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on the T150 and offer my own brief comparison to the G29.

I much prefer the T150 vs. the G29, which kind of surprised me as I've always preferred Logitech wheels to any of its competitors. Here's why:

I've pretty much been out of sim racing for the most part for the past 3+ years. Have 2 jobs now and just don't have much time to play anymore. But, I finally got the bug again and got a PS4, and sold my G27 (wrongly thinking that it wouldn't work on PS4 games). Used the money from the G27 to get a T150 after debating between it and the T300RS.

Used the T150 on PCars and liked it a lot, but didn't like the pedals. They're a little better than DFGT pedals, but just barely. So, I went and got the T3PA Pro pedals, and they're absolutely awesome. Throttle is great, and the conical brake mod is the best one I've used yet, by far, and I've used Fanatec Clubsport load cell pedals, and Nixim-modded G27 brakes and like the T3PA conical mod much better.

So, long story short, a friend of mine who wanted to get into sim-racing decided to sell me his G29 for a really, really cheap price after buying it and not liking sim racing. I took down my T150/T3PA Pro and put the G29 on my rig and tested it in PCars and Assetto Corsa.

The result was that I really, really did not like the G29 or the pedals that come with it, especially in comparison to the T150/T3PA Pro setup. The infamous "dead zone" that has always been in Logitech wheels was really bad with the G29. I would go as far as to say there was about a 30-40 degree deadzone in the center of the wheel. I had to turn the FFB up to 100% in AC and it barely helped with the deadzone at all. The G29's FFB doesn't have nearly the amount of detail and precision that the T150 has, which I didn't realize fully until I was able to compare the two. And another problem with the G29 is that even with the added pressure sensitive brake, the G29 pedals are still nowhere near as good as the T3PA Pro pedals. After switching back to the T3PA Pro pedals/T150 yesterday, I was immediately, and easily, more consistent and faster overall than I was with the G29.

I'm usually the type of person who has a hard time making a decision, but it's really clear for me that the T150/T3PA Pro pedal combo is the much better setup than the G29. The FFB that the T150 offers is so much smoother, more detailed, and more consistent than the G29. It's really impressive how good the FFB is in the T150 vs. the G29, and I've been one of Logitech's biggest fans in the past, but can't recommend the G29 now. I've never been a fan of too much/too strong FFB. I think generally it slows you down in the long run. As I said, I had to run 100% FFB on the G29 in AC, and it was still weak and sloppy compared to the T150, which I have been running at 40% in AC by comparison.

If pressed, I would even choose the stock pedal setup on the T150, rather than go with the G29 and it's stock pedals, even though they are better than the T150 stock pedals. That's how much I prefer the T150 wheel over the G29. The T150 has the best FFB I've ever experienced in a wheel, easily. I've used a G25, DFGT, G27, G29 and a Fanatec GT3RS wheel in the past, and the T150 is my favorite of them all.

My sole complaint about the T150 is that the rim is slightly smaller than the G29 and other wheels I've used before. It takes a little while to get used to, but once you do it's not a big deal, or at least I don't find it to be. I also like the overall feel of the wheel. The rubber grips work really well IMO and feel good overall. It also runs very quietly and doesn't produce any heat, that I can detect. The G29 gets noticeably warm to the touch, just like it's predecessors.

The T150 has been so good, I'm now tempted to sell the G29 and use the money to get a T300 and try it out, as the consensus seems to be that it's even better than the T150. If it is, I'll be very impressed.

Again, just my thoughts on these two wheels. Maybe it will help someone out who's deciding between these two but can't test them out before buying. I was just lucky to be able to get a chance to compare the two. If you're thinking about buying the T150, I would highly recommend getting at least the T3PA pedals to go with it. That would put you out about $300, which is basically the same price as the G29. The pedals are the only weakness on the T150 that I can see.

So far, the T150 has been running great for me, no issues whatsoever. I've only been using it a couple of months, but still. No worries so far. Really impressed with it overall, especially for the price.

Last edited:
@cpp214 - just bought the T3PA pedals based on that review. I much prefer the T150 over my G25, I just don't like the flimsy pedals though, so I'm chuffed there's another option.

@cpp214 - just bought the T3PA pedals based on that review. I much prefer the T150 over my G25, I just don't like the flimsy pedals though, so I'm chuffed there's another option.

You will be in love with those pedals. I also recommend the TH8A shifter, if you don't already have it.

I have a t3pa pro pedal,can the t150 invert my pedal to gt style?Pushing the mode button.Like the t500rs and t300rs.Thx

I have a t3pa pro pedal,can the t150 invert my pedal to gt style?Pushing the mode button.Like the t500rs and t300rs.Thx

педали.png

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/accessories/manuals/t150/t150_manual.pdf

👍

Got my new pedals today and installed the Conical Brake Mod. Very impressive so far; driving around in super fast cars, ABS switched off completely and having to really push hard to lock up the wheels.
The pedals themselves are of course far better than the standard T150 2-pedal set. Falling in love again :D

EDIT: @super_gt can I just ask how the shifter connects to the T150?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my new pedals today and installed the Conical Brake Mod. Very impressive so far; driving around in super fast cars, ABS switched off completely and having to really push hard to lock up the wheels.
The pedals themselves are of course far better than the standard T150 2-pedal set. Falling in love again :D

EDIT: @super_gt can I just ask how the shifter connects to the T150?

For PC, you would hook it via usb. For PS4, you plug it into the base of the wheel.

Thanks gt for the info.you can reverse pedals with the t150,nice.thinking this or the t300,the t300rs has a reliability issue.the t150 less fbb.hmmmm choose choose choose...

Last edited:
I want wheel for PC. I know T150/TMX are basically same wheels but still I can´t deside between them :/. Is there any difference in their running on PC ? I heard that TMX Xbox buttons (A,X,Y,B) are better recognized on PC then T150 PS buttons is that true ? I don´t have enought money for T300/TX so recommending theese is pointless :).

I want wheel for PC. I know T150/TMX are basically same wheels but still I can´t deside between them :/. Is there any difference in their running on PC ? I heard that TMX Xbox buttons (A,X,Y,B) are better recognized on PC then T150 PS buttons is that true ? I don´t have enought money for T300/TX so recommending theese is pointless :).
I play with my T150 on PC and I have no problem with the buttons.My advice is to buy TMX.Both steering wheels are almost identical but TMX has a 900 degrees of rotation and 12 bit resolution (4096 values on the steering wheel axis)which will give slightly higher resolution than T150 which has 1080 degrees of rotation and 12 bit resolution (4096 values on the steering wheel axis),also TMX has ten buttons on the rim compared to T150 which has nine buttons on the rim.

I play with my T150 on PC and I have no problem with the buttons.My advice is to buy TMX.Both steering wheels are almost identical but TMX has a 900 degrees of rotation and 12 bit resolution (4096 values on the steering wheel axis)which will give slightly higher resolution than T150 which has 1080 degrees of rotation and 12 bit resolution (4096 values on the steering wheel axis),also TMX has ten buttons on the rim compared to T150 which has nine buttons on the rim.

Thank you for advice and fast reply :).

T150 improved cooling mod.

Here's how it works the cooling of T150
T150 mod.png

Before
ДУПКА.png

After
The two holes are 4mm.
Snapshot_20161204.JPG

One hole 4mm.
Snapshot_20161204_4.JPG

The holes in red are enlarged to 3mm.
The hole in blue is enlarged to 4mm.
Snapshot_20161204_5.JPG

Snapshot_20161204_1.JPG

These holes are 4mm.
Snapshot_20161204_3.JPG

After this mod I can play 4-5 hours nonstop at high force feedback settings without overheat.
Remove the top cover before drilling the holes!
When you are not playing you must cover the wheel to prevent a dusting!

Attention,this mod will void your wheel warranty!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back