Thrustmaster t300 mode setting

• Thread starter andyparks
  • 11 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
andyparks
Every time I set mode to 900 degrees. {on the steering wheel itself} This is done by pressing the dpad button left or right and pressing the mode button once. the mode light will flash.1 Flash - 270 degrees.2 Flashes - 360 degrees.3 flashes - 540 degrees.4 flashes - 900 degrees.5 flashes - 1080 degrees.. it resets to 1080 degrees every time I start a new race.. is there any way to fix this

Thanks to confirm it reset it all the time, really anoying, just like having to set traction control to ZERO every single time you get a new car or start a race with rented car.
Harg !!!

Every time I set mode to 900 degrees. {on the steering wheel itself} This is done by pressing the dpad button left or right and pressing the mode button once. the mode light will flash.1 Flash - 270 degrees.2 Flashes - 360 degrees.3 flashes - 540 degrees.4 flashes - 900 degrees.5 flashes - 1080 degrees.. it resets to 1080 degrees every time I start a new race.. is there any way to fix this

In GT Sport, every time you reset the track or start a new session, it resets. That’s why I don’t bother with adjusting DOR anymore, it’s a pain in the butt to reset it every time.

Last edited:
In GT Sport, every time you reset the track or start a new session, it resets. That’s why I don’t bother with adjusting DOR anymore, it’s a pain in the butt to reset it every time.
I mostly play with GR2/GR3/GR4 car category in gt sport. Do those cars feel ok with default 1080 degree? Or it would be lot better to have 900?

I mostly play with GR2/GR3/GR4 car category in gt sport. Do those cars feel ok with default 1080 degree? Or it would be lot better to have 900?

I never change the DOR on any car in GTS anymore, it’s too much of a pain in the butt. You should be just fine. :)

GTS usually defaults to the setting of each car too I believe, so not all cars will be default 1080*. 👍

Last edited:

I almost exclusively do Gr2/3/4 Sport Mode races and have no problem putting up global top 100 times on my T300RS with stock rotation settings so I think the default settings are fine. As Pigems mentioned, GTS sets the steering ratio/lock per car / class, and for Gr2/3/4 it's very rare that even turning enough to fully cross your hands over each other is actually advisable. You can kind of see this with the red dot; even though you can keep turning a bit harder one the dot hits the edge, it is really never a good idea to do this as the car will just skid, understeer massively, and of course completely obliterate your tires in a tire wear race. I can't think of any cars off the top of my head where you need to cross your hands to max out the dot. Road cars are another matter; some of those can require some pretty extreme steering but it's still not enough that I would worry about it. When I first got my T300 I was also annoyed by this behavior in GTS but in reality, it seems that there's actually no reason to change it since nothing requires you to hit true steering lock like that in GT.

Last edited:
Why are you changing it? GT varies the amount of lock from car to car to make it have realistic steering lock. Karts have very short lock, 270ish, while road cars have about 720+ You are destroying part of the situation aspect by changing the lock.

Last edited:
Why are you changing it? GT varies the amount of lock from car to car to make it have realistic steering lock. Karts have very short lock, 270ish, while road cars have about 720+ You are destroying part of the situation aspect by changing the lock.

Oh gosh! I will get the T300 RS GT in due time and this is music for my ears!
Didn't know it's like that, sweet goodness, great news! Even more excited for (my first) this wheel now! :cheers:

Last edited:
Back