Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let me just state that I finally got round to trying Richard Burns Rally with the T300 this weekend.

It's awesome.

I was feeling little nuances like different vibrations in the wheel as you ride over different types of gravel or mud, the dynamic range felt superb (less powerful than a T500 at maximum, but gives so much nuance of little forces that you get a lovely amount of useable FFB range). I love how smooth and easy you can spin the wheel around, I felt more in control of a rally car than with any previous wheel.

Now if only my TH8A would arrive, I need a handbrake!

Hi, dude..:)

I agree with your feeling.
Yesterday, I finally tested T500RS because my new T500RS was blackout during firmware updating.
T500RS firmware update was so tricky, so I spent two days for figuring out how to wake up T500RS.

Anyway, I was so happy with T500RS pedals(I tested it with TH8A), but wheel was more clumsy than T300RS.
It gave me strong ffb but I didn't appreciate that.

I have tested both wheel with PS4(Driveclub) and PS3(GT6).

** Question : Are you using break mod for t500rs pedals?

Last edited:
I recommand buying it now.
I can say T300RS + gt6 is Awesome..
T300RS + Driveclub ? It's okay..
T300RS + The CREW ? Pesonally... it's holly trash..

Cheers mate. I think I am going to get one soon but I'm going to have to fork out $700 I'll wait till my I get my next pay :P. I'm steering clear from driveclub and the crew. Will play a lot with project cars and with gt7 when it comes out. so I'm in no rush though. Also is there any difference between the Ferarri version or the normal one I want the ferarri one

Cheers mate. I think I am going to get one soon but I'm going to have to fork out $700 I'll wait till my I get my next pay :P. I'm steering clear from driveclub and the crew. Will play a lot with project cars and with gt7 when it comes out. so I'm in no rush though. Also is there any difference between the Ferarri version or the normal one I want the ferarri one

I think normal one and the Ferrari one are Almost same. Weight and feeling are similar. Buttons Mapping is different, but you can use every ps4 buttons with Ferrari one either. :)

Buttons on the Ferrari GTE rim feel nicer, are positioned slightly better for mapping to generic racing use, but less handy for use as controller on a Playstation. I prefer the PS rim for that.

At last, today, I received my T300 RS from Amazon UK (ordered on 31/12).
I promised I would give some feedback, so I will.
Disclaimer #1: Bear in mind that all I have ever used was a DFGT on GT5 and GT6. So if I say 'cool' and you think 'meh', you'll know where it comes from. These are my own observations, influenced by my own experience. Feel free to disagree (politely) or to make up your own mind.
Disclaimer #2: this list doesn't follow any kind of chronological or logical order.

You've been warned.

1. The wheel looks cool and its weight gives it some quality feel.
2. The pedals quality feels better than the DFGT as well. Not massively, but more than I expected.
3. However, the DFGT's grips under the pedals are grippier than the T300's. Until now, my rubbish custom rig was doing alright without hard mounting the pedals. For the T300, I had to drill some holes and use some bolts to keep the pedals from moving about. All sorted now. (Pictures can be arranged if requested)
4. The brake pedal is really not that good. With the DFGT I had a squash ball behind the brakes and I was happy with it. Not high tech, but satisfactory. The squash ball definitely won't fit behind the T300 brake pedal so I'm not so sure how I'm going to work around this. If anyone here not bored already of reading my silly list but still bored enough to take the time to give me some suggestions, feel free to chip in!
5. At first I left the FFB at the same levels as the DFGT (on GT6: settings 7/8) and my arms were hurting...
6. I had one issue: the 1st time round, when I plugged it on the PS3 (yes, I followed the correct order: plug in everything first then switch on the PS3), GT6 didn't recognise it. The calibration happened when starting the PS3, but not when starting the game. After a reboot of the PS3, everything was fine.
7. When calibrating, the wheel doesn't create a mini earthquake, unlike I've read somewhere here. The process was A LOT quieter than with the DFGT. A LOT.
8. The wheel is really quiet, although when the fan kicks in, it becomes noisier than the PS3 Slim I currently have. I'm also closer to the wheel, I have to admit. Which leads me to the next point.
9. I still haven't plugged it in my laptop for a firmware update, as everything was working fine. Which in turn leads me to the next point.
10. There is indeed a small deadzone on both pedals, but I didn't even think about it for a fair while. When I remembered to check it out, I thought 'Oh yes, there's a deadzone', then I forgot about it. The deadzone is perfectly acceptable. In my humble opinion anyway...
11. Driveclub's FFB is nowhere near as rich as GT6's.
12. But Driveclub is a lot more fun now...
13. I will admit it, at some point, the wheel decided to do its own thing in Driveclub, it wasn't responsive at all, keeping turning right, apparently both braking and accelerating... strange. A reboot fixed it. I'll keep an eye on it.
14. My custom (read cheap) rig was tailored for the DFGT, my driving position is a bit less comfortable with the T300. I need to choose between having the wheel a bit too close to my body or having to stretch my legs a bit too much. I'll see how it goes.
15. I haven't bolted the base to my rig, I'm using the provided clamp. I don't really like the bolt /lever that's sticking out between my knees. They could have used another system.
16. I'm probably going to miss my sequential shifter. It was useful to change gears while still spinning.
17. I'm happy I don't have to open up the pedals set to adjust some cogs and bits...

After reading this thread, I was a bit nervous about opening the box and plugging in the wheel. "What if it doesn't work properly? How long is it going to take to even play?"
The answer was "Don't panic, plug this and that and Bob's your uncle".
The wheel works better than I feared (i.e. not having any brakes or things like that) but it's also exhausting! I don't know if I'm just tired tonight, but it feels like my brain has to work hard to compute a new set of sensory feedback. I've stopped playing for a few minutes, the cooling fan has stopped turning, but not my brain! :)

EDIT: I now realise I haven't put something like "Wow, this is SOOO much better!!" perhaps I'm just still computing everything, perhaps it isn't... I need to have a few more sessions to really appreciate it I'm sure.

EDIT 2: After playing again a day later, I have to go back to my first observations about the brake pedal. The deadzone is bigger than I first thought and it's now annoying me. I don't really want to do it, now, but I may have to open up the thing... And I really want to find a way to stiffen it up as well.

Last edited:
At last, today, I received my T300 RS from Amazon UK (ordered on 31/12).
I promised I would give some feedback, so I will.
Disclaimer #1: Bear in mind that all I have ever used was a DFGT on GT5 and GT6. So if I say 'cool' and you think 'meh', you'll know where it comes from. These are my own observations, influenced by my own experience. Feel free to disagree (politely) or to make up your own mind.
Disclaimer #2: this list doesn't follow any kind of chronological or logical order.

You've been warned.

1. The wheel looks cool and its weight gives it some quality feel.
2. The pedals quality feels better than the DFGT as well. Not massively, but more than I expected.
3. However, the DFGT's grips under the pedals are grippier than the T300's. Until now, my rubbish custom rig was doing alright without hard mounting the pedals. For the T300, I had to drill some holes and use some bolts to keep the pedals from moving about. All sorted now. (Pictures can be arranged if requested)
4. The brake pedal is really not that good. With the DFGT I had a squash ball behind the brakes and I was happy with it. Not high tech, but satisfactory. The squash ball definitely won't fit behind the T300 brake pedal so I'm not so sure how I'm going to work around this. If anyone here not bored already of reading my silly list but still bored enough to take the time to give me some suggestions, feel free to chip in!
5. At first I left the FFB at the same levels as the DFGT (on GT6: settings 7/8) and my arms were hurting...
6. I had one issue: the 1st time round, when I plugged it on the PS3 (yes, I followed the correct order: plug in everything first then switch on the PS3), GT6 didn't recognise it. The calibration happened when starting the PS3, but not when starting the game. After a reboot of the PS3, everything was fine.
7. When calibrating, the wheel doesn't create a mini earthquake, unlike I've read somewhere here. The process was A LOT quieter than with the DFGT. A LOT.
8. The wheel is really quiet, although when the fan kicks in, it becomes noisier than the PS3 Slim I currently have. I'm also closer to the wheel, I have to admit. Which leads me to the next point.
9. I still haven't plugged it in my laptop for a firmware update, as everything was working fine. Which in turn leads me to the next point.
10. There is indeed a small deadzone on both pedals, but I didn't even think about it for a fair while. When I remembered to check it out, I thought 'Oh yes, there's a deadzone', then I forgot about it. The deadzone is perfectly acceptable. In my humble opinion anyway...
11. Driveclub's FFB is nowhere near as rich as GT6's.
12. But Driveclub is a lot more fun now...
13. I will admit it, at some point, the wheel decided to do its own thing in Driveclub, it wasn't responsive at all, keeping turning right, apparently both braking and accelerating... strange. A reboot fixed it. I'll keep an eye on it.
14. My custom (read cheap) rig was tailored for the DFGT, my driving position is a bit less comfortable with the T300. I need to choose between having the wheel a bit too close to my body or having to stretch my legs a bit too much. I'll see how it goes.
15. I haven't bolted the base to my rig, I'm using the provided clamp. I don't really like the bolt /lever that's sticking out between my knees. They could have used another system.
16. I'm probably going to miss my sequential shifter. It was useful to change gears while still spinning.
17. I'm happy I don't have to open up the pedals set to adjust some cogs and bits...

After reading this thread, I was a bit nervous about opening the box and plugging in the wheel. "What if it doesn't work properly? How long is it going to take to even play?"
The answer was "Don't panic, plug this and that and Bob's your uncle".
The wheel works better than I feared (i.e. not having any brakes or things like that) but it's also exhausting! I don't know if I'm just tired tonight, but it feels like my brain has to work hard to compute a new set of sensory feedback. I've stopped playing for a few minutes, the cooling fan has stopped turning, but not my brain! :)

EDIT: I now realise I haven't put something like "Wow, this is SOOO much better!!" perhaps I'm just still computing everything, perhaps it isn't... I need to have a few more sessions to really appreciate it I'm sure.

I'm pleased everything has gone well with the wheel, my 2nd one arrived from Amazon on Sunday, but I haven't had a chance to get it out yet.

Greetings all!

I have gone through many of the pages of this thread to try and find a couple of answers to my questions and found a "fix" but not happy that I should have to fix some thing I just purchased for a lot of money.

I got a T300 on Friday and am very impressed with it. My first wheel was the Logitech DFGT and this is leaps and bounds a more impressive wheel. Of course it is also leaps and bounds more expensive LOL. I read a lot of people are having issues with the wheel but luckily mine is fine, very quiet, no clicks, and very strong FFB. The pedals on the other hand I am not so impressed with, not so much the pedals but the fact that I think mine do not work right.

I only have two games to use the wheel with at the moment: Driveclub and The Crew. I am waiting for Project Cars to be released. I started up DC and was excited to race with my new wheel, pinned the pedal to the floor and slowly pulled away from the start line like my grandfather driving my grandmother to bingo. Then when I hit the brakes to go into a tight corner I kept going. The pedals definitely are not working properly. In The Crew it seems to be the same but not as bad as DC. I find that in The Crew I am definitely not getting top speed.

Now I want to test the pedals with the calibration software but I have a Mac and they don't have one for Mac. Thrustmaster should really make a calibration/firmware updating app for the PS4 seeing as how it is a PS4 branded wheel. In the mean time I am trying to borrow a laptop to update my firmware and check the calibration.

Now the questions:
- Do I have a faulty pedal set? Or will the calibration software fix my issue?
- if the calibration software won't fix my issue, will Thrustmaster replace the pedals?
- If they don't, will the instructions from Roh fix it? Not that I want to do that or have a clue what I would be doing.

OR is it just the games and I am over reacting?

Thanks,
JD

Just needs calibrating, Do you have a friend with a pc/laptop, It really is easy 10 minute job

After playing again a day later, I have to go back to my first observations about the brake pedal. The deadzone is bigger than I first thought and it's now annoying me. I don't really want to do it, now, but I may have to open up the thing... And I really want to find a way to stiffen it up as well.

After playing again a day later, I have to go back to my first observations about the brake pedal. The deadzone is bigger than I first thought and it's now annoying me. I don't really want to do it, now, but I may have to open up the thing... And I really want to find a way to stiffen it up as well.
Meh £250 and all this hassle.:grumpy:👎

Last edited:
Somebody in this thread put half a foam golf ball behind the break and said it made is a lot stiffer.

Somebody in this thread put half a foam golf ball behind the break and said it made is a lot stiffer.

I tried foam as well, but not with the correct shape yet. My guess is that it will really work once the deadzone is removed or at least reduced.

I finally bought the t300GTE, it should arrive tomorrow and i will use it for ps4. I really hope it works..and i will share my experience for all the other users here.
However i'm writing for an info about update through pc. I read the pdf instruction on the official site and i understood how to update the firmware but i didn't get how to install the control panel (or maybe is the same thing). Can please someone explaing me the process from the start? When my wheel arrive what i should do? Thanks

I finally bought the t300GTE, it should arrive tomorrow and i will use it for ps4. I really hope it works..and i will share my experience for all the other users here.
However i'm writing for an info about update through pc. I read the pdf instruction on the official site and i understood how to update the firmware but i didn't get how to install the control panel (or maybe is the same thing). Can please someone explaing me the process from the start? When my wheel arrive what i should do? Thanks

Hi Paul,

TM instalation guide is really not intuitive at all :)

Basically just install the driver on the end of this page

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=376&cid=15

Follow the second part "PC - DRIVERS FORCE FEEDBACK (Package 2014_TTRS_3) + Firmware"

Here you are the direct link to the file

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/download/pub/webupdate/T500RS/2014_TTRS_3.exe

Thats all.

Jiri

Hi guys,

I would appriciate your advice. I am really suffering with stock T300RS pedals. As I am new to Sim Racing and the break pedal fo me is too much differenct from real car (I have to remember how far I can push it).

What I need (and I believe it will help) is progresive brake pedal on T3PA pedals, as I'm pressing the stock break pedal too heavy sometimes and going into the skid more often than I would like :)

I don't need clutch so far as I am playing only the Driveclub on PS4 and it does not support clutch and manual shifting with TH8A. And Project Cars will be released two months later.

I'm about to order Clubsport Elite Pedals but I am wating 5 months for CPX adapter :(

So for this "transitional period of time" I'm considering to buy T3PA pedals.

I am asking the owners of T300RS who plays with T3PA pedals:

1) Are T3PA pedals much better than stock pedals? I mean mostly in terms of break and throttle pedals
2) Regarding the throttle pedals - is also more stiffer on T3PA than on stock pedals or it is the same?

Thank you for your comments about T3PA in advance.

jiri

Hey everyone!

I'm buying T300RS and T3PA pedals soon to get ready for project cars but I have a question....doesn anybody here have this wheel&pedal setup with old Rinoseat GTR cockpit.....not the new fanatec csl but the old one (first edition). I'm wondering if it will be a problem with mounting this wheel&pedals onto it?

I am asking the owners of T300RS who plays with T3PA pedals:

1) Are T3PA pedals much better than stock pedals? I mean mostly in terms of break and throttle pedals
2) Regarding the throttle pedals - is also more stiffer on T3PA than on stock pedals or it is the same?

Thank you for your comments about T3PA in advance.

jiri

I wish I could answer. My T3PA order is still waiting. These pedals still aren't available in my country, despite an original release date of November. Current quoted due date is early February, but I expect it's going to be delayed yet again.

In the meantime I am getting used to the stock T300 pedals. They are not great but I find them bearable enough that I haven't been bothered to grab a different set.

For PC use there are some things to make your life easier:
- Always make sure you have the pedal UI showing in game, keep an eye on it to remind yourself regularly how much foot movement is 50-80% brake.
- Try setting the brake to be non-linear, see if it helps (personal preference)
- Prefer to drive cars with ABS where possible (in AC, R3E, iRacing, pCARS vehicles with factory-enabled ABS get it in game, irrespective of driver aid options)

I had assumed that Driveclub would have no issues with locking up brakes, but it sounds like it's quite tricky. All I can suggest is to spend some time calibrating your head+foot preferably with a pedal calibration view showing.

I wish I could answer. My T3PA order is still waiting. These pedals still aren't available in my country, despite an original release date of November. Current quoted due date is early February, but I expect it's going to be delayed yet again.

In the meantime I am getting used to the stock T300 pedals. They are not great but I find them bearable enough that I haven't been bothered to grab a different set.

For PC use there are some things to make your life easier:
- Always make sure you have the pedal UI showing in game, keep an eye on it to remind yourself regularly how much foot movement is 50-80% brake.
- Try setting the brake to be non-linear, see if it helps (personal preference)
- Prefer to drive cars with ABS where possible (in AC, R3E, iRacing, pCARS vehicles with factory-enabled ABS get it in game, irrespective of driver aid options)

I had assumed that Driveclub would have no issues with locking up brakes, but it sounds like it's quite tricky. All I can suggest is to spend some time calibrating your head+foot preferably with a pedal calibration view showing.

I am from Europe and here T3PA is finally available from early this month. Thank you for your advice, but I am racing only on PS4 due to better gaming experince on big TV and full details with beautiful in-game DC graphics.

I also tried Assetto Corsa running Windows in Bootcamp and I have to say the T300RS FFB is much much stronger than in Driveclub. It almost ripped my hands off :) Excellent Wheel but awful pedals.

RIM replacement :) Need some large shifter paddles

2ynlcgz.jpg

I tried foam as well, but not with the correct shape yet. My guess is that it will really work once the deadzone is removed or at least reduced.

I had same problem.
In my case, foam doesn't work correctly. :(.
T3pa or t500rs pedal can be better..

Last edited:

Firmware check :)

This is my final wheel setting. T300RS base + T500RS pedals + T500RS GT rim + TH8A

I am playing PS4 with Driveclub, and I love to play PS3 with Granturismo 6. I am considering to buy GT5 also. When I tested t300rs with GT6 last week, I was blown away. :) I felt this wheel was born to play GT.

Although I tried several PS3 racing titless, 720 graphic resolution was much worse than PS4 games.
GT series has much better resolution than other PS3 racing titles on PS3, but Driveclub's graphic is way better than GT series.

However, I can say GRanturismo has great physics, stronger ffb, and perfect feeling with thrustmaster wheels. It is much more exciting than Driveclub.

I wish I would get Project cars(ps4) and GT7(ps4) ASAP. :)

image.jpg

Last edited:
This is my final wheel setting. T300RS base + T500RS pedals + T500RS GT rim + TH8A

I am playing PS4 with Driveclub, and I love to play PS3 with Granturismo 6. I am considering to buy GT5 also. When I tested t300rs with GT6 last week, I was blown away. :) I felt this wheel was born to play GT.

Although I tried several PS3 racing titless, 720 graphic resolution was much worse than PS4 games.
GT series has much better resolution than other PS3 racing titles on PS3, but Driveclub's graphic is way better than GT series.

However, I can say GRanturismo has great physics, stronger ffb, and perfect feeling with thrustmaster wheels. It is much more exciting than Driveclub.

I wish I would get Project cars(ps4) and GT7(ps4) ASAP. :)

View attachment 296250

Hi,

What about the T3PA pedals in Driveclub? Are these good enough?

Jiri

Hi,

I am waiting for CPX like over 5-6 months, so I would like to know what's your opinion.

Should I buy T500 RS package for that pedal? (T500 RS Pedal) and sell T500 RS base on ebay?
or keep T500 RS for back up or other?

Because I really want T500 RS pedal or Fanatec pedal for my upgrade pedal than T3PA.

Thanks.

Hi,

I am waiting for CPX like over 5-6 months, so I would like to know what's your opinion.

Should I buy T500 RS package for that pedal? (T500 RS Pedal) and sell T500 RS base on ebay?
or keep T500 RS for back up or other?

Because I really want T500 RS pedal or Fanatec pedal for my upgrade pedal than T3PA.

Thanks.

Yesterday, @mrbasher updated his forum with this sentence, I quote
"Nobody will be waiting 6 more months. Nobody. Just sit tight, they are coming."

So, maybe you will be lucky and get your CPX very soon ;)

Yesterday, @mrbasher updated his forum with this sentence, I quote
"Nobody will be waiting 6 more months. Nobody. Just sit tight, they are coming."

So, maybe you will be lucky and get your CPX very soon ;)
Thank you! I was behind the news, i did sent him a message twice no reply and now you mention about updated forum.
I am hope to get that CPX then I will get fanatec pedal! Need to get pedal before Project cars coming

Can anyone post a link to where to buy t500rs pedals separately, please.

One other thing, when I get my t300rs do I have to download something to update t300rs? I only play console. Sorry to much post to look through, if anyone can reply. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I'm noob this will be my first thrustmaster product, not sure how to update firmware.

Last edited:
Back