Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ordered a Noctua fan to replace my (already) noisy stock fan. Thanks @FPV MIC for the links to the fan and other build threads. It was a really straightforward process.

Took some photos as I went through the swap, and added them along with some context into this Imgur album. One thing to note: if you do this yourself do not use the "Low-Noise Adapter" or "Ultra-Low-Noise Adapter" as the lead you splice into the stock connector. These two leads have additional resistance in them to provide lower speeds for the fan when manual speed controls aren't available.

If you need help getting the housing apart, Sim Racing Garage has a wonderful video that disassembles the servo unit.

Ordered a Noctua fan to replace my (already) noisy stock fan. Thanks @FPV MIC for the links to the fan and other build threads. It was a really straightforward process.

Took some photos as I went through the swap, and added them along with some context into this Imgur album. One thing to note: if you do this yourself do not use the "Low-Noise Adapter" or "Ultra-Low-Noise Adapter" as the lead you splice into the stock connector. These two leads have additional resistance in them to provide lower speeds for the fan when manual speed controls aren't available.

If you need help getting the housing apart, Sim Racing Garage has a wonderful video that disassembles the servo unit.

Nice!
thanks for the pics mate!

Well I think that with better cooling, and an external stronger psu (4Amps just to be on the safe side) it might be able to handle it, don't know for how long though.
If you do it let us know how it worked!

Slightly different version of this mod
https://revolutionsimracing.com/threads/t3pa-loadcell-upgrade-diy-guide.1588/

IMG-20200126-WA0001.jpg

At first i had it in front of the bracket.
But no room for the pedal to move.
Then my brain farted and I cut the top off the bracket and mounted it behind.

Small update:
Put washers between the bracket and the load cell.
I had it tight up against it and basically halved the output making the the brake so hard I feared pulling the wheel off!
Also I put two M4's trough the sides of the bracket so it is spaced at the rear a bit more
20200131-191935.jpg

Hey guys, little help here. I've had my T300 Alcantara for about a month or two now, but it's been in storage as I haven't been able to work on a rig. Recently I discovered the pedal springs had some kind of brown residue on them, but the pedals work fine. What should I do?
9E773336-2522-4555-B39A-AD93D0F7829E.jpeg

Ok, thanks! Should I try cleaning it off or leave it like that?
Just to add, if you remove the grease the pedals will squeak. From personal experience with T3PA pro and T3PA GT pedals, this also happens after a lot of use and means it's time to re-grease them.

So I got the T300 with the Ferrari alcantara wheel last week, got the forced cooling on and everything updated, seems good so far. I actually prefer it to the old T500 I used to have.

Have just got the TM open wheel rim and the BT LED display so am looking forward to giving them a go tonight. Anyone got any experience of these?

I won't have my proper wheel stand back for another week or so having to deal with clamping to a desk but should be ok!

On GT Sport specifically what settings are people goiung with? I was thinking around 4 for Torque and traditionally go with 10 for ffb sensitivity.

Last edited:
Anything above 4 torque tends to overheat to the point of FFB cut for me. Even with a Noctua fan and force cooling on. Crap design in TM’s part. So I run 4 & 10.

3 and 5. I think setting sensitivity to 10 makes the ffb too non linear and reaches clipping more easily. Just my feel of it though.

Thanks for the tips, after playing last night I went with 3 and 6, the ffb was still sterong enough for me and I was happy with that sensitivity setting.

Have to say the Open Wheel rim is great!

Last edited:
So I've bought this wheel to replace my DFGT.
First game I played was GT6, and I was hugely disappointed. The FFB is definitely way more strong in comparison to the DFGT, but it lacked immersion and "effect richness". Is GT6 simply limiting this wheel's potential or could something be wrong with the wheel? I was really expecting a completely new experience in comparison to the DFGT.

Last edited:
So I've bought this wheel to replace my DFGT.
First game I played was GT6, and I was hugely disappointed. The FFB is definitely way more strong in comparison to the DFGT, but it lacked immersion and "effect richness". Is GT6 simply limiting this wheel's potential or could something be wrong with the wheel? I was really expecting a completely new experience in comparison to the DFGT.
GT6 had fairly terrible force feedback if I recall so not remotely the sort of game I'd be going to in order to see how good a T300 is. Really you are looking at racing sims (PC2, rF2, AC, ACC, iRacing etc.) for these wheels to be brought to life. Even GT Sport is not so terrible when it comes to FFB.

T300 is light years ahead of the DFGT - the speed and far more free rotation I think are by far the greatest steps up from those old wheels which are like stirring treacle by comparison. The performance of the T300 is superb. I wouldn't recommend one however as they have reliability problems - some people get solid wheels that last for years but far too many get a heap of junk.

Last edited:
What's the purpose of the attachment screw (the one on the quick release) that the user manual makes clear to "not use excessive force tightening it up"? Could this screw affect the force feedback transmitted to the steering wheel if I don't tighten it enough?

Last edited:
I started GT5 and 6 with a DFGT and wanted to upgrade, so I got a T300 in order to future proof myself for the PS4. Got the wheel, played GT6, didn’t like it and returned it. Picked up a G27 instead which (to me) is the de facto wheel for that GT generation. It seems clear that PD developed the games around Logitech products.

PS4 is the Thrustmaster era for PD, and when I went with a G29 to play GTS it was good, but then picked up another T300 and it was better all around.

Seeing now that I hardly play GTS, I’m still pleased with TM products. They work well with all my other games, and the accessories and upgrades are way better. And besides a fan replacement on my 2-year old T300 I’ve had zero reliability issues. In the meantime Logitech seems to be less relevant.

What's the purpose of the attachment screw (the one on the quick release) that the user manual makes clear to "not use excessive force tightening it up"? I mean, I don't see any holes on the steering wheel itself. Could this screw affect the force feedback transmitted to the steering wheel if I don't tighten it enough?
The screw simply stops the "quick release" collar from coming unscrewed. It is self tapping and will screw in as needed.

It would seem obvious that if you add and remove the wheel rim a few times you stand the risk of ending up with multiple holes in the section of your wheel rim that is captured by the collar. To prevent this my tip is to mark the exact position with a scored line (where the collar meets the wheel rim) so that whenever you return the same rim to the base, the attachment screw lines up with the existing hole.

Last edited:
here is a DIY for Thrustmaster users. no need to open your wheel set to build your own shifter and handbrake.., this is a separate controller for shifter , handbrake and nitrous .. it is not connected on the wheel set. its just another wired controller that connected to ps4..

So I just picked up a t300 alcantara edition off craigslist for a good price with a year of warranty left. I was using the g29 before. I find I can just control the car better overall as I can feel oversteer/understeer effect lightly when your on the edge of losing it, then when you do lose it you really feel it. The ability to turn out of corners and hold a line as well as throttle modulation is just fantastic.

The pedals I installed the conical brake mod and am faster with it already over the g29's with the GT-eye springs. I was sure to turn on forced cooling, but once the warranty is out I'll change out the fan and probably drill up the grill a bit more to allow air out.

I think I will want to put in some hardware solution so the pedals always stop at 100%. Having to stomp on the pedal to calibrate them is kinda annoying. I want that calibration to the be the same every single time.

Very happy with the purchase

Back