Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, you should be fine there then, as far as clipping. It’s possible the wheel jumped a tooth/cog, on the belt then it sounds like, which I haven’t heard of on that wheel before. Did it re Center properly after resetting the wheel/console?
Nope. I had to to it manually by centering it and pressing a combination of buttons...

It's working fine since then, played for a few hours yesterday... but I'm worried it might be temporary and happen again.

Nope. I had to to it manually by centering it and pressing a combination of buttons...

It's working fine since then, played for a few hours yesterday... but I'm worried it might be temporary and happen again.
How long have you had the wheel? I put almost 4k hours on my T300 over the life of GTS, they are fairly durable. Do you normally run it with the fan set to “always on”? That supposedly helps to up their lifespan a bit.

Last edited:
How long have you had the wheel? I put almost 4k hours on my T300 over the life of GTS, they are fairly durable. Do you normally run it with the fan set to “always on”? That supposedly helps to up their lifespan a bit.
Yeah, first thing I did was switching on the fan mode to always on as I read somewhere.

Bought it new almost a month ago.

Yeah, first thing I did was switching on the fan mode to always on as I read somewhere.

Bought it new almost a month ago.
Good stuff! I’d contact Thrustmaster if it happens again then, since you’d still be well under warranty. Hopefully that won’t be needed though. 👍

Semi unrelated, but I wanted to give an update on my T300RS. Knock on wood, but it is still working 8 years later!!! I got it for project CARS 1 in 2015, and other than the spring of my accelerator pedal randomly breaking within the first year (they sent me a brand new pedal set after I sent them a picture of the broken set), I've had zero issues with it

Also I have 1550 hours in gt sport, around 500 in gt7, 500 in pCARs, 300 in Driveclub, 1000 in assetto corsa between steam and ps4, and 100s more hours in various racing games like FH3 (on pc) and F1 games

I'm pretty happy with the reliability of this thing. Knock on wood again!

Hi.

I connected the Thrustmaster T300 on the PS4 but switched to PC mode, to try and stimulate a few things.

On GT7 it's recognized as T500 and the FFB is really weak, so much so that I had to bump the in game slider to 7... On the PC dashboard it's set to 60% strength.

Is there any problem in doing that?

I'm testing if I still get belt slip with weaker FFB. On PS4 mode the 1 setting is too weak, but 2 is already too strong...

Thanks!

Hi everyone
I bought a used t300 about two week ago
So i disassembly the base for cleaning it, and see what going with the tensioners, belt, pulley, all guarantee paint on screw, but i see this...
IMG_20230928_014519.jpg

And... i have a question, this is a normal? The screws look's like he don't used(i mean without any deformation) the wheel rotate is perfect, no any issues, but i wanna know, maybe someone see the same inside her base
And next question
IMG_20230928_014421.jpg
the tensioners is good? Or better change to ball bearing

Attachments

• IMG_20230927_231640.jpg
    IMG_20230927_231640.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 11

I'm guessing you have this pop issue that even I had. Locate where the motor is, take out the four screws, lift the motor up a bit and screw all four back in. It might be caused by the pulleys being loose so add a bit of tension to it.Happened to me as well

sound when turning to the right, upon visual inspection of the gears and belts I did not notice anything, I cleaned the wear from the belt and gear, unscrewed the motor, tightened the belt, nothing really changed, I also tried to turn the motor by hand, it turns quite easily, but with very weak steps ( I assume that this is because of the magnets) when the steering wheel is assembled, I feel these steps when the steering wheel rotates sooooo slowly, do you also have T300 owners? and has anyone encountered something similar?second product thrustmaster problems again.
video

Hi all,

About once every year, I need to open my wheel to replace the small papers so my up and down shifts keep working with satisfying clickiness (see https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ng-wheel-thread.311143/page-111#post-12974802).

Shifting works perfectly again, but now I have another problem: it seems the option button gets clicked when I'm racing, so I'm getting the Continue/Settings/Exit... dialog box, which is pretty annoying during an online race. Also my steering wheel automatically turns completely to the left. I can press whatever button without any reaction. After about 10s it reacts again and I can press Continue.

Any ideas what might be the problem? I've opened up the wheel again and blowed air to remove any possible dust, but that doesn't help. Warranty is long over.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back